PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

AuntDJ
10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
So I know not to go to MK and possible Epcot as they will be packed, but I noticed that the Studios is open until like 3:00 am on NYE...do all the parks get to capacity on that day or mostly just MK & Epcot?

LittleRoosMommy
10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I know that MK definitely gets to capacity on NYE. We were there for New year's 2001-02 and MK closed by 10am. We also heard that Epcot was at capacity very early in the day as well. I don't remember hearing anything about DHS though.

I will say, that being in MK on NYE was AMAZING!! Party hats, noise makers and fireworks all around you! It definitely doesn't get any better than watching that!!

Whatever you decide I hope you have a great time!!:mickey:

faline
10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I would expect all parks will be at, or near, capacity on that day.

Mousemates
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM
We have done NYE at WDW for the past four years...and yes, the Studio's are super busy too....not sure if they reach "shut the gates capacity" but really once things get to a certain point its doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

the best thing to do, if you plan on watching the fireworks from within one of the parks, is make your choice, get to that park at opening, ride hard until it packs out and then kind of settle in for the day...its usper busy, but its also a super fun place to ring in the New Year.

#1donaldfan
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
...we did MK this NYE and it never reached capacity, however if what we experienced was NOT capacity, then I'd sure hate to see what capacity is.....

....it was super busy but we had a lot of fun and I was ultra impressed with how they can move so many people with little to no effort..... I guess they've done it a couple of times, huh ?? :mickey:

beksy
10-09-2009, 05:10 AM
How do you find out which parks are at capacity and when they open up again (if they do?)? This NYE is a first for me but I'm super-excited! :party:

elmjimmlm
10-09-2009, 09:11 AM
We were there last NYE and we were in MK by 9am so that we possibly wouldn't be turned away...We spent the entire day there and really had no problem getting on rides as busy as it was...A CM gave me a good tip...He told me to go get on the rides when the evening parade was going on because there were high school bands playing and all their families would be watching them at that time...We rode Pirates 3 times in a row just walking on and the HM was no wait either...We had a great time...Just remember to bring a jacket because it did get cold...Have a great time...

#1donaldfan
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
How do you find out which parks are at capacity and when they open up again (if they do?)? This NYE is a first for me but I'm super-excited! :party:

...from what I understand bus drivers will know not to transport you there once they reach capacity....and you'll surely know when they turn you away altogether.....never seen it yet, but I'm sure it happens....

..not sure if they re-open, doubtful, once in, those people pretty much know they are in it for the "long haul".....:mickey: