PDA

View Full Version : Another Birthday Button Question!

whitney37354
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
We will be at WDW 6/5 to 6/11/10. DH's birthday is 5/27, DD's is 6/2, mine is 6/18. I will get First Time buttons for DH & DD, but should I get birthday buttons for any of us as well? I didn't know if there was a set amount of time away from your actual birthday that wearing the birthday button is "appropriate". Thanks in advance for any responses!

MushuGrl
10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Back in 2005 we took my mother and niece to Disney. My mom's birthday was two weeks before the trip, and my neice's was two weeks after the trip. We got them buttons and had a "joint celebration" at Chef Mickey's while we were there, and they had a ball!

Disney4us2
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I would go ahead and get them. Wear them proudly. I love to extend/pre celebrate birthday's. Have fun and Happy Birthday to all:party:

DisneyPrincess21
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
We will be at WDW 6/5 to 6/11/10. DH's birthday is 5/27, DD's is 6/2, mine is 6/18. I will get First Time buttons for DH & DD, but should I get birthday buttons for any of us as well? I didn't know if there was a set amount of time away from your actual birthday that wearing the birthday button is "appropriate". Thanks in advance for any responses!

This is directly from Disney. Disney understands that not everyone can attend WDW on their actual birthday, So they allow you to celebrate your birthday 6 months before your birthday or 6 months after your birthday (which means any time) :thumbsup:

Me and my mom are celebrating our birthday's at WDW (our birthday's are 5 days apart from each other) and we can never go to Florida in June so we are celebrating on our upcoming trip in December.

Giggy
10-08-2009, 08:15 AM
They don't worry too much about the exact date. In 2004 (October 20th) I spent the first half of my (15th) birthday at school and the second half driving to Gatwick Airport for twilight check-in for our flight the next day. I picked up a birthday badge at each of the 4 parks on the days i visited.

Back then Epcot and AK had their own unique badges, MK and MGM had the same type of badge but i got one each time anyway. In our first day at the parks at Magic Kingdom I even got a happy birthday phonecall from Goofy when I visited the Town Hall to get the badge!

WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Wear the buttons! The cast members are so great about noticing and wishing greetings. Makes you feel special!