PDA

View Full Version : Country Bears?

Mrs Bus Driver
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I just want to say up front that as a kid I loved CBJ. Had to see it every time I went to DL. A few years back (Maybe about 12) I took the Kids to DL and was very disappointed :sad:. They had changed the show, it was no longer the cute and corny show I remembered and the robots were in sore need of a refurb (Shame on DL:nono:). Which may explain why we were the only ones in there. Because of this I have never been able to get DD to go to the one at WDW and haven't seen it since. Here is my Question, should I risk taking DH to it or pass it by and keep my fond memories? :mickey:

Imagineer1981
10-07-2009, 10:50 AM
CBJ will get mixed reviews here. Yes, even WDW version needs some updates, and as an adult I can see it being disappointing, but for a child, they love it. My 19month old loved every minute of it and danced and clapped, and thats what its really all about

Disney4us2
10-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I loved all versions of CBJ... was sad when it was replaced by the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction. My DD had to see it for the first time when we went to WDW and she loves it. I wish they would bring it back to the DLR. And the People Mover too.

bruin1344
10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
the show is corny and dated but i still enjoy it plus its relaxing

Phantod
10-07-2009, 01:33 PM
The version at WDW is the original. I love Big Al. :mickey:

Joannelet
10-07-2009, 01:50 PM
When I was little me and my sisters and brother loved this show :)
Then when I went with my hubby I was like oh lets do this...I loved this when I was little. I thought he was going to kill me LOL It was soooo boring. :( I guess when you are little you remember things differently. It was still the same show and all....just I was different I guess. :)
I was disappointed :(

Mrs Bus Driver
10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
The version at WDW is the original. I love Big Al. :mickey:

Me to! As I recall there was a little bear with attitude that sat on a corner of the stage didn't sing just had a cute look on his face. Am I remembering right? :mickey:

darthmacho
10-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I hope WDW manages to keep it up to date and refurbished. It's a tough call for them when it comes to making changes to the show, as traditionalists will complain that they ruined a classic, despite the fact that it's not a repeat attraction like a ride would be.

Anyway, assuming it's not run-down, I think CBJ is underrated as an attraction and a great once-a-trip take-in. :mickey:

Greenlawler
10-08-2009, 01:36 AM
I know my small children love it. Although your DH will probably look at it as a glorified Chuck E. Cheese.
To me the CBJ is a classic I hope they do not mess with. We noticed the sound system was better this year. It is a piece of Americana that can never be replaced.
It always reminds my of my boyhood trips when the CBJ was a featured attraction with its own gift shop.
Like others have said I would simply do it for the nostalgia value. The show really emulates the country music style of the 70's with several of the bears being imitations of 70's country music stars.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2009, 06:56 AM
I love Big Al.

:ditto:

Sylvia
10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
In WDW, it's still the corny, funny, happy show we all remember and love.

I love Big Al, also, but, then there's Liver Lips - what a hunk!!!:thumbsup:

Phantod
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Me to! As I recall there was a little bear with attitude that sat on a corner of the stage didn't sing just had a cute look on his face. Am I remembering right? :mickey:

Oh yeah, and he's holding a teddy bear and squeezes it to make a chirping sound at the end of a number of songs. He's still there and he still makes me smile. :D

Wadeace
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
My favorite part is the bear that only sings...

(in low slow voice) "There was blood on the saddle and blood all around
And a great big puddle of blood on the ground'

That and the talking mounted heads of the moose and bison.

I would say that the cbj needs a refurb, mainly a fresh coat of paint and update the show system.

last time i was there the audio had a lot of noise and the some of the speakers sounded as though they were blown. this really made the sound unintelligible.

wdwfansince75
10-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I usually do CBJ at least once a trip, and usually have one or more of my grandkids with me. And it's sort of like Santa Claus.....When they stop believing, so will I....Or maybe they continue to believe because they think I still do!
Anyway, I find CBJ much like me....a little old and worn, and some of the parts need adjustments from time to time, but I'm still lovable.

Laughin' place
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I still love this one, and consider it a classic. It is very Disney and Americana; losing it would be a real loss. I believe it needs some TLC, in terms of touching up some worn spots and improving the audio.
I listen to the show on live365 on a pretty regular basis. Even after all those viewings (and listenings), there are parts that still make me smile. I also love the ending end (We hope that you'll be comin' back again, drop by and see us now and then...). It seems so warm and genuine, like those dusty old critters real DO want you to come back and enjoy the show.

ransam
10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
It's a disney classic and that's good enough for me.
However....i have to adimt, not my favorite show.....nice break from the heat though.

Gator
10-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I always laugh when I watch it. It takes me back to when I was a kid and my parents took me to see it at Disneyland.

Long Live Big Al!

Kathy Jetson
10-10-2009, 02:41 AM
When we went last year ds5 loved it. Dh thought it was the most boring thing ever. I like it because it is a classic and reminds me of the 70's.

TheVBs
10-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I took our DD4 to see it in May. She loved it! It's got a special place in my heart too. It's not something I'd have to see every trip, but I still enjoy it.

JPL
10-10-2009, 11:38 PM
The show was recently refurbished so now is a good time to see it before it gets as bad as it was when the AA'swere actually louder than the audio most of the time. When I saw it in June it was in the best condition it has been in years. Now to get the Christmas show back and we would be golden!

Greenlawler
10-11-2009, 12:12 AM
The show was recently refurbished so now is a good time to see it before it gets as bad as it was when the AA'swere actually louder than the audio most of the time. When I saw it in June it was in the best condition it has been in years. Now to get the Christmas show back and we would be golden!

I noticed they refurbed the sound system and I think the lobby floor, anything else?