PDA

View Full Version : "Celebrations" at meals

tesslor
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
When making my ADRs I put in my birthday and my daughters birthday as celebrations at various places. We aren't there on our birthdays, but they are close.

Does anyone have any experience with what the various restraunts do when you have entered a celebration?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
We've been twice for DD's birthday, and at each restaurant she got a cupcake or special dessert, some places decorated the table with Mickey confetti, and many sang her happy birthday. Some would also give her a birthday card, signed by the characters if it was a character meal, or the servers if it wasn't.

She LOVED it, it made her feel very special.

AlvyOT08
10-06-2009, 07:56 PM
we celebrated my best friends bd when we were there last, the whole week we were there. she got a cupcake or special desert at the restaurants and cafettii and a special card and or table mat saying it was your birthday. if it was a character meal, the disney characters would come over and make a big deal about the birthday. also make sure to get your daughter a birthday button. you can get this at the disney hotel your staying at or at a place on main street in MK, but i'm not sure which one.

happy birthday!!!

DisneyPrincess21
10-06-2009, 08:18 PM
also make sure to get your daughter a birthday button. you can get this at the disney hotel your staying at or at a place on main street in MK, but i'm not sure which one.

At MK you can get the birthday button at City Hall, but if it's is on your Hotel Ressie's then they will probably give you the button at check in. That is what happened when we celebrated my father's birthday in WDW last year.

jenperich
10-07-2009, 03:35 AM
What do they do for anniversaries?

Dsnygirl
10-07-2009, 04:12 AM
What do they do for anniversaries?
:) I was going to ask the same question... we'll be there in October, like you, but for our 15th anniversary!! Congratulations!! :cloud9:

Tinkermom
10-07-2009, 08:01 AM
:) I was going to ask the same question... we'll be there in October, like you, but for our 15th anniversary!! Congratulations!! :cloud9:

We are celebrating our 20th in WDW next week!

Anyway - we celebrated our 15th anniversary in WDW also. At the Garden Grill we received a small complimentary cake (this was when they still did the re-hitching ceremony which we did participated in :D). At a couple of other restaurants we received a complimentary dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on our plate. This was 5 years ago but I imagine they still do similar things especially with the "celebrate" theme. Looking forward to finding out for sure next week!:mickey::thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
We were there last week for our 23rd wedding anniversary and Artist Point gave us the best table looking out at the waterfall, each a glass of sparkling wine & a special dessert. We also had personalized menus.

Dsnygirl
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
We were there last week for our 23rd wedding anniversary and Artist Point gave us the best table looking out at the waterfall, each a glass of sparkling wine & a special dessert. We also had personalized menus.
Was this from you just putting that you had a celebration for that meal on your ADR, or was it from you telling them it was an anniversary celebration when you checked in at the restaurant? We just picked 2 or 3 nice dinners and put that we were celebrating our anniversary on this trip -- this was while doing our ADR's online -- so just wondering if that is what is doing it, or if you still have to let them know when you arrive at the restaurant.

Sounds like they did really well by you guys -- how very nice!!

BugeyedMuggy
10-08-2009, 09:50 AM
We put in our Anniversary on our 2 signature restaurants when we booked them online. One was Flying Fish where they just mentioned Happy Anniversary and Artist Point who did those very special things for us. I don't know how they decide who they will do things for. My DD got that treatment at Flying Fish in June for her Anniversary.

magicofdisney
10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
We've had meals during my son's birthday several times and nothing was done. I never knew to "expect" anything, so I've never been disappointed.

NOTE: I'm not implying that you're "expecting" anything, this is just an FYI.

DisneyPrincess21
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't know how they decide who they will do things for. My DD got that treatment at Flying Fish in June for her Anniversary.

My guess, is that it depends on your CM that day and what they feel like doing.

Pally
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
During our recent trip in August we were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary and my son's 16th birthday. These notes were entered on our on-line ADR's. The following resturants acknowledged our celebrations.

Brown Derby- brought Champagne in glasses.
Grand Flordian- Took memory picture 5x7 and presented in card wishing us well. We had ordered a custom cake for our anniversary and a special dessert for our boys which included a white chocolate Mickey figure and tuxcedo strawberries. They did a fantastic job.
Boma- They presented us with anniversay buttons and birthday button. Dessert for Happy Anniversary and nice cupcake with candle with gummy bears and sprinkles for my son's birthday.
Chef du France- The waiters sang happy birthday to our son and brought dessert with candle.

We did not alert any restaurtant to our celebrations when arriving only on our on-line ADR's. We did not have our buttons either upon arrival.

They were all nice jestures and very much appreciated. :mickey:

MushuGrl
10-08-2009, 12:07 PM
My mom and niece both got cupcakes and placemats at Chef Mickey's.

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
1) People do not realize the CM's have big powers.
2) They can actually 'give-away-the-farm" if they wish.
3) It is a matter of their personal initiative and if they like you.

4) Under normal circumstances, expect a "Happy Birthday" and a cupcake.
5) Beyond that, that can
. . . put pixie dust on the table
. . . give free wine (of, course, not in MK)
. . . give free appy's
. . . sing or other celebrations
. . . get flowers
6) Just be pleasant and see what happens.
7) Also, mention at the podium your celebration.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Artist Point also spoiled me! I got a special dessert with Tinkerbell light clipped to a card and personalized menu of everything I ordered. We got seated right next to the waterfall too.

During that long weekend, since I had the button, I got free popcorn and pop from a vendor in HS, front car in RNR, EE, TMRR. Everybody in the World saying happy birthday to me. My DD got happy birthdays and a dessert or two. Also, we got happy birthday cards and balloons in our rooms. DD got to ride something twice in a row. I don't remember what it was, but, she got to ride it twice.

Disney is definitly a place for karma... treat people well, politely and with a smile, and you'll get the same. CM's need the attention as much as we do!:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Disney is definitly a place for karma... treat people well, politely and with a smile, and you'll get the same. CM's need the attention as much as we do!:thumbsup:
I'm not going to assume that you mean we didn't get anything because we don't treat people well, are not polite and don't smile. I'm sure you didn't mean that.

That being said, we are nice people in general whether at Disney or not. But especially at Disney because we love it so much there. The fact is, sometimes you get special treatment and sometimes you don't.