PDA

View Full Version : August/September 2010

Giggy
10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
First off not sure this is the right place, discussing a future trip but also got a couple of questions about the parks so will try here.

After what will have been nearly 6 years away from The World we have booked to go for 2 weeks next year. We book our holiday on Saturday night, the day before my brother went back to university. I have already been back for a week but I am close enough to come home at weekends. My brother is not, however this was a nice high note to finish on before he went back.

We will be there from 25th August until 8th September. Getting up VERY early in the morning to get to Manchester airport for check-in. We then take a 10:25 flight in UK time and about 9 hours later we land in Florida where due to time difference it will be about 14:20! As usual we will be staying offsite but at a different place to previous times, though i forget the name at the moment. We, by the way, is my Dad, my Mum (who posts on here as Disney Doodle), my older brother (22 when we go), my younger sister (16) and me (20 when we go). Though big kids at heart, especially my Dad!! :mickey:

I have been looking into this a lot, including asking on here. We're effectively visiting for the last week of August and first week of September, a time we havent visited before. From what I gather the weather will be very hot, hotter than the other times we've visited (see signature) and humid. Also that it rains (often heavily) a lot of days in the late afternoon but clears up within an hour. In terms of crowds we will not quite be there for the September lull but with a lot of US schools having gone back crowds should be manageable. Is this all right?

Having not been since 2004 I've heard about a lot of exciting new rides since then. Expedition Everest is high on the list as we saw them building it when we were there last. Toy Story Mania looks to be a big hit and also looking forward to trying out Soarin'. Are there any other big new rides i should be looking for or have I picked up on the big 3? I also hear Typhoon Lagoon has a new ride in Crush n Gusher whereas I'll hopefully get around to trying out Summet Plummet at Blizzard Beach this time. That said I'm also looking forward to all the old favourites/classics again.

322 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and about 40 seconds (when i posted this) until the plane takes off... I've already set a countdown going on a website I found! We haven't sorted a plan as to where we go each day yet, or how many days each park needs to do it justice. However with 2 weeks we should be able to find time for all the parks and some other local attractions. Though when we're there I'm sure I'll say it isn't long enough and should have 3 weeks!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!

wdwnomad
10-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I was there this past August/September for 12 days so I will share my thoughtsfor you.

It is going to be hot and very humid at that time. On numerous days we ended up very sweaty. We always went back to the room in the afternoon to shower before dinner. It did rain alot too in the late afternoon/early evening. Only on two days was it a bad rain when it lasted for hours. Despite all of this the crowds were great. Wait times were very low. The only ride that really needed a FastPass was TSM. Soarin and Everest were waits where you could stand in line during the middle of the afternoon. We enjoyed it so much that we are going again next year at the same time (8/25 - 9/6). See you there!

bruin1344
10-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Went in 2008 during that time frame. Except for toy story mania, i never waited for more than 15 minutes on an attraction but i planned the days based on avoiding emh crowds, etc. Blizzard Beach was very crowded though. Blizzard Beach major slides were about 45-75 min waits. Most of the guests there were from the UK.

It is very hot and humid but there are enough indoor attractions to keep cool. The only time the heat bugged me was during the Indiana Jones and Lights Motors Actions Shows. Animal Kingdom can be tough since its big and not a lot of indoor attractions.

It thundered everyday in the distance but 2 of the days, we got direct hit. They usually lasted only 15 min.

LVT
10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Some rides updates: Space Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours (planned)
New: Monsters INC laugh floor. Comedy show.

Live4WDW
10-10-2009, 12:36 AM
:mickey: The heat is tolerable, that is if you were of course born on the sun, or if you are kin to the Human Torch (Johnny Storm). I might also add that I did'nt believe in spontaneous combustion :flame:until I stood around under the hot florida sun either. Well, you can still have a good visit. Just plan ahead of time for breaks, plenty of pool time (if water does not entirely evaporate):D. Just kidding. We were there in late august. Yes it was hot, crowds might have been a little on the heavy side, and with me burning up, and the sweat machine on overdrive I found it sort've hard to stand in a lengthy line. However it can be done. For me, I now know I can't handle that kind of heat and humidity, and will likely keep my travel arrangements towards the cooler months. Good luck, have fun, and keep cool:mickey:

Greenlawler
10-10-2009, 01:44 AM
As others have stated, the weather will be hot. Another factor which I have not seen mentioned is that this is typically the beggining of Hurricane season which could add some heavy rains, but you may avoid it entirely. We go every year in September and we have been victimized by a hurricane's after effects a time or two. Most years though we don't see much rain except for the occasional afternoon thuderstorm.
The crowds tend to slow the closer to September you get. I would expect it will be managable though. Check for hollidays though as the locals tend to capitalize and fill the parks on those days.