PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from 8th stay at the CSR

KatMark
10-05-2009, 01:50 PM
We checked into the CSR just a couple of minutes before midnight on Friday, September 18. Being the late hour it was, there was no one in line and we stepped up and Jason greeted us and said, "Welcome home Mr. and Mrs. Schultz." We told him it was so good to be home.

Jason informed us that we would be in Cabanas 9A, in room 9273. He gave us our packet and asked us to give him a moment while he went to get our keys. When Jason returned he was accompanied by one of the assistant managers, Paul, who greeted us, welcomed us home and gave us our keys and wished us a very pleasant stay and to call him if we had any issues whatsoever.

Mark and I went back to the car and drove over to the Cabanas section, got our luggage and headed to our room. When we arrived, we found that we had one of the coveted corner rooms with two windows and had been upgraded to a king room with a water view. Very nice way to start our stay.

Upon entering our room:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/IMG_2204.jpg

The gift basket on the bed consisted of two etched Mickey glasses, wine, chocolate candy, crackers and cheese -- a very nice surprise.

We had two separate reservations as we had added an extra night prior to our original arrival because we were able to get on the Friday night flight. We were able to stay in the same room without moving. We received turn down service every night and there were robes in the room for our use during our stay.

With only four nights there and only four days at the parks (and Tuesday not being a full day), we didn't get a chance to eat at the Pepper Market. We did go to Cafe Rix every morning for our coffee (my cappucino) and Mark's breakfast milk, etc. Everyone was as friendly as could be. Mousekeeping was fine. We hung our towels on the rack so that they didn't have to take them and leave new ones, but every night when we came back they had taken them and left us new towels anyway.

We received two towel animals while there. We went to the main pool once and twice to the quiet pool in the Cabanas section. I did have an issue at the quiet pool. It was NOT an issue with the CSR, but with two guests of the CSR. There was a woman smoking as she was sitting on the ledge of the pool and a gentleman in the pool smoking while in the pool. As we returned to the room, we passed a woman standing in her doorway with the door open, smoking a cigarette and flicking her ashes in her paper cup. We immediately calledl the front desk and reported both incidents; they thanked us for calling and said they would send someone over immediately. Not five minutes later, I looked out the window and there was a security guard on his bike passing our building on the way to the quiet pool. Again, this is not the CSR's fault, but the ignorance of the guests (we saw a similar situation in visiting the POFQ before going to the airport to return home; there were two women sitting at a table right outside of the food court smoking cigarettes). I just don't understand why people can't follow the rules.

Anyway, had a wonderful pina colada at the pool (did not see Francisco this trip); had two wonderful pina coladas from the Laguna Bar on Saturday night.

We used the bus system once (and for the very first time!). After reading conflicting reports of the buses, we thought we'd give it a try. We went to Bus Stop 1 (the last one picked up) around 5:45 p.m. on Sunday to head over to the Magic Kingdom for the Extra Magic Hour evening. A bus appeared in less than five minutes; there was plenty of room for the six of us waiting there for the bus to get on and get a seat. I timed it. From the time we left the resort to the time we got to the MK, it was exactly ten minutes. Coming back, the CSR was the first bus stop that you saw as you approached the bus area. The first bus was full and we could have squeezed on and stood, but we decided to wait for the next one. The first bus no sooner pulled out, and another one pulled in.

Everyone we ran into at the resort, be it mousekeeping, a convention guest, a family, a cast member at the store, Cafe Rix or front desk, were extremely friendly. I've read many reports lately regarding all resorts and the parks themselves that there didn't seem to be any "magic" or "less" magic...that the CM's weren't friendly, etc. Every person we ran into always had a smile on their face, a warm hello, etc. When we went to the POFQ, the guard at the gate asked for photo identification and asked why we were there; we said we wanted to see the resort, etc.; he asked, "are you spending money?" and then he laughed. Everyone was great with us.

We again had an excellent stay at the CSR and every time we are there find a little more magic. I will admit that even though we enjoyed the Cabanas section with the hammocks, the beach, etc., we definitely prefer the Casitas section. I'm not sure if it is because we go to the beach every year prior to or after our trip or the fact that we've stayed in the Casitas seven times and have just become used to the fountains and the courtyards, but the Casitas just appeal to us more. That being said, we want to try the Ranchos next year.

PetefromRI
10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip.We like the pool area at CSR better than the pool at Y&BC,plenty of room and a nice pool bar/snackbar.Did you have to pay more for the rooms at the Cabanas?We'd really like to stay in that section.

KatMark
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
No...there is no "preferred room" rates at the CSR. You pay for either water view or king or standard. We had a standard booked (two queen beds) but were upgraded to a king/water view.

Belster
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I will be there in 2 weeks for the first time...you just made me more excited!!
So happy you had a great trip!!

buzz2001
10-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Glad you had another great stay kathy!

Mitzie
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
How nice for you. My DH and I just returned from a 4 day, 3 night stay at CSR. We had booked a king room to start with. They placed us in Castitas 4, room 4122 I think. The CM's were very friendly though no one acknowledged our anniversary in anyway. This was on the reservation. Housekeeping didn't come at all on the second day and DH just went and grabbed some towels from a cart on the first floor. We did get a chance to eat at both the Pepper Market and Maya grill and have no complaints. Overall the resort is very pretty. Just kind of disappointed that the celebration wasn't addressed at all.

wdwfansince75
10-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Last time we stayed at the CR, the CM's greeted us the same way...."Welcome Home, Mr. and Mrs Schultz"....I said "That's my father's name. I am WDWFANSINCE75!"

KatMark
10-06-2009, 02:04 PM
How nice for you. My DH and I just returned from a 4 day, 3 night stay at CSR. We had booked a king room to start with. They placed us in Castitas 4, room 4122 I think. The CM's were very friendly though no one acknowledged our anniversary in anyway. This was on the reservation. Housekeeping didn't come at all on the second day and DH just went and grabbed some towels from a cart on the first floor. We did get a chance to eat at both the Pepper Market and Maya grill and have no complaints. Overall the resort is very pretty. Just kind of disappointed that the celebration wasn't addressed at all.
I love Casitas 4 (and 5). I'm sorry they did not acknowledge your anniversary. Not all of the resorts do and it really is hit or miss (on my DH's 50th birthday they totally ignored it). I think part of the reason we got the special treat at CSR is we are returning guests (8 time).

Last time we stayed at the CR, the CM's greeted us the same way...."Welcome Home, Mr. and Mrs Schultz"....I said "That's my father's name. I am WDWFANSINCE75!"

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Iluvpooh
10-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I am also sorry to hear that. My Dh and I honeymooned there and we were upgraded to a Junior suite(Casitas 1). We went back for our 5 year anniversary and they upgraded us to a king water view room. (Casitas 3 I think)
To the original poster, I love CSR! It is my Disney home as well.
Congrats on the upgrade and gift basket. A very nice way to start a vacation!

caryrae
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
We were at CSR last week and were in a corner room too, room 9280. It was nice having the 2 windows. The only thing I didn't like were those blinds in the corners of the walkways which would block some light and the view a little. I kinda like the concept of PM were you can get your food and pay later instead of getting the food then standing in line to pay but we really didn't like the food choices that much and having to flag down the waitress to refill our mugs. Rix was nice to grab a quick mug refill though. The Resort was very big and beautiful and we enjoyed our stay there but both my wife and I liked POFQ a bit more. We just like the themeing and feel more at the FQ and how small it was. Having liked POFQ more we would still stay at CSR again in the future.