PDA

View Full Version : What are you /your kids going to be for Halloween?

Lizzy
10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
My work has a huge party for Halloween every year. This year my deptartment is doign a wild west theme. I have to be a saloon girl. I am still trying to work out how to make that costume not too revealing for the workplace.

My DS 10 wants to be a Wizard and I have no idea what to dress the 22 month old up as yet. He seemed interested in the Thomas the Train costume, but I don't think it was to wear it, I think it was more because it was Thomas he was looking at.

Also, I do a Halloween Party/Pumpkin Carving every year. It keeps getting bigger and bigger. I am starting to run out of ideas. This year I have the ability to make a Haunted Room in my Dog pen, but need ideas on what to make to put in there. I was thinking things like grapes for eyes and things like that. Any suggestions?

Ian
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
DD7 is going to be a witch. And not a funny witch. A scary witch. She was very specific about that!

DS2 is going to be Buzz Lightyear. He's adamant that he wants to be Buzz.

cajunprincess
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
My DS4 is going to be Woody. He looks sooo good in his costume! I even got the cowboy hat from disney shopping, and I am super excited and so is he!

My DS10months is going to be the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz. And boy is it the cutest costume! I am superexcited to go and trick-or-treat this year!!!!

tinklover
10-05-2009, 11:00 AM
My DDs 5 & 6 are both going to dress up as Ghosts form HM. we found them some pretty gothic looking gowns in black and a really dark red. They are more then excited about MNSSHP. I am more then excited that my girls are no longer wanting to dress up in the cutesy Halloween costumes. I will post pics this weekend as we have a costume/birthday party to go to.

diz_girl
10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
DS2 is going to be Captain Kirk. He doesn't know what Halloween is all about yet, so this is probably our last chance to dress him up in what we want. Last year he was a vampire. I tried to stay away from any costume that required a hat, since we didn't know how receptive he would be to wearing one as part of a costume.

prprincess
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
DS4 is going to be a dinosaur.

DS2 is going to be a monkey.

Unfortunately, DS2 is scared of DS4's costume, so I don't know how we're going to fare!!

Here at work we're going to all dress up--I came up with an 80s theme, and everyone loves it. It's actually been easy to find neon clothing and accessories in the stores lately, so I think it's going to be fun!

anneo
10-05-2009, 02:24 PM
DS 4 months is going to be an ewok. I'm in grad school, and every year we have a department Halloween party at one of the professor's house, and he wants us all to dress up. I'm thinking of getting my hubby to wrap me in foil and going as leftovers. We'll see what happens with that.

DizNee143
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm thinking of getting my hubby to wrap me in foil and going as leftovers. We'll see what happens with that.

OMG
that is such a cute idea!!!!

Lizzy
10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
anneo- that is a hilarious idea! :thumbsup:

Robert's Dad
10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Pirate, he love them so he will get to use the stuff he bought at the shop from POTC.

PirateLover
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM
My fiance and I are going as Peg and Al Bundy this year:secret:

Disney Doll
10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
DS2 is going as a dinosaur. It's a super cute costume.

alphamommy
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
DD9 is going to be a "spider" witch. It's a plain black costume, and some fabric with red glittery spider webs all over it. I'm going to drape that around like a sash. We also found a witch hat with similar red spider webs on it, and some spider web tights (black on black, too bad we couldn't find red). She was very insistent that she didn't want to be a princess, fairy, etc., this year.

I'm thinking of dressing as a stay-at-home mom, or at least the stereotypical one: bath robe, fuzzy slippers, curlers in hair, box of chocolates, TV Guide in my pocket, etc. I don't think DD believes I'm going to her class party this way, but that's my plan! :thedolls:

Joannelet
10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
My DS 10 months is going to be a lion :)
Can't wait! :) first halloween! :)

teambricker04
10-06-2009, 08:59 PM
DS4 wants to be a.... grocery cart. No kidding. I don't know how to pull that one off. Last year he was Peter Pan and the year prior to that he was THE LETTER A. He is hilarious, but MAN, can't we dust off the Peter Pan costume again???

DS2 was Buzz Lightyear last year... it was SOOOOO cute. Now he dislikes strongly any form of dressing up. I don't know what to do with him. He loves balloons so I am thinking of taping a bunch on a sweat suit and slap a leaf on his head and he'll go as a bunch of grapes. We'll see how that works.

Now, being in the north, we always have to worry about the cold and a costume that works with a jacket or maybe even a snowmobile suit! What do you do in FL???? Hmmm... I am not even sure :)

Tinkerbella
10-07-2009, 03:05 AM
I'm going as Ariel and my fiance is going as my Prince Eric! Super excited as it's my birthday/halloween costume

threeh
10-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I just can't resist..for Halloween my kids are going to be...in EPCOT!! We leave 10/31.:mickey:

DVC2004
10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Mine are older- gone are the days when I dressed them so cute as Woody and Bullseye (the legs went into the Bullseye and it looked like Woody was riding him- so cute) and Buzz or Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey etc! They both want to be something scary now. And I guess that is appropriate conisdering they are 10 and 12 and would be teased mercilessly for anything else. Last year one was the magician Criss Angel (Mindfreak) and the other was Indiana Jones. We had to "make" the Criss Angel using pieces of this or that but I have to say it turned out awesome- he won a prize at school for best costume. I will take full credit, thank you very much.:D

This year he said this scary guy from some movie. I don't even know what. Sounds like I will have to "make" this one as well. Other one is still undecided. I suggested an alien but he said no. I miss when they were little and dressed so cute!

RocknBev
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
DH and I have two costumes this year.....

We are going to MNSSHP tomorrow...there are four adults....we are going as original Mickey Mouse Club members....Cubby, Annette, Bobby and Karen.

Dh and I also have a huge costume party around Halloween. I will be Malificent...everybody know me. He will be Dr. Syn alias the Scarecrow....now...how many people have ever heard of the Wonderful World of Disney show?

Kairi_7378
10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
DS 13 months is going to be a dinosaur. I think I am going to try to dress as a paleontologist to carry him around. (Don't want to wear something to elaborate and upset him!)

jwildflower1981
10-10-2009, 10:52 PM
DD 1 is going to be Minnie Mouse, in the pink dress!! She looks so cute! My grandma just brought her pink ears from Disney World! I'm so excited for her first real halloween. (She was only 3 weeks old last year)

Lakin
10-11-2009, 08:26 AM
I stopped Trick-or-Treating when I was 11. No, I'm not a bum...I just don't care much for dressing up in a costume. It's just not my idea of fun. My friends that know I'm a Disney freak can't believe that I don't dress up as a Disney character. I just find it easier to go buy a bag of miniature Hershey bars instead of getting a full bag of candy full of stuff I don't like.

Though, I stay home and make a Halloween Gingerbread House. They taste really good, are fun to make, and are cute.

I really love passing out candy to the little kids and seeing what costumes people wear. Unfortunately, the people in my town really aren't that creative. Last year, there were 10 Darth Vadars and 20 Spidermen. There was a cute little red riding hood, though.

tinklover
10-11-2009, 09:39 AM
My DDs 5 & 6 are both going to dress up as Ghosts form HM. we found them some pretty gothic looking gowns in black and a really dark red. They are more then excited about MNSSHP. I am more then excited that my girls are no longer wanting to dress up in the cutesy Halloween costumes. I will post pics this weekend as we have a costume/birthday party to go to.

As promised here is a pic of them in their costumes.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/photo-19.jpg

Wadeace
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
ill be going as the amazing wade with his technical abilities.

actually im working our schools haunted house, so im working behind the scenes making sure everything works.

stitchaholic
10-12-2009, 05:40 AM
DD a sorcerer and DS a punk rocker

darthmacho
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
DD8 is going to be a Cat. She's come full circle now because that's what she was on her first Halloween as a toddler!

DD5 was going to be a witch, but she changed her mind and is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Apparently she couldn't resist the basket with Toto inside as an accessory.

Madame Leona
10-14-2009, 08:59 AM
DS 3 1/2 is going to be Captain Hook. DS 23 months is going as Stitch. They are so stinkin' cute in their costumes!

disneydeb
10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
A grocery cart??
:rofl: :cart:
super cute!

Georgesgirl1
10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Myers (9 months) is going to be sushi.

lovewalt
10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
While planning my last WDW trip for May 2009,there was a Pirate and Princess party originally schedule for our vacation dates.So I found a cute Pirate dress on Ebay for DD age 6 to wear to P&P.Then they cancelled the parties.After months of the dress hanging in the closet,she finally gets to wear it for Halloween.:pirate: