PDA

View Full Version : What park for afternoon?

ajpa
10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
We are arriving on a Saturday 12/12-- around mid-day (11?). What's the best park to go to for just an afternoon?

Thanks!
aj

Mrs Bus Driver
10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
On my arrival day we will be arriving around 2pm and expect to be settled in at the hotel (CBR) about 3/4. So I decided that this would be a good time to go to EPOCT and relax. Maybe catch a few rides depending on waits, see a country or 2 then dinner on the patio at Mexico around 8pm and watch illuminations. :mickey: Hope this helps :mickey:

Greenlawler
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Depends on your family makeup.

I never feel like I am at Disney until we go to the Magic Kingdom. We did not go there until day two this year and it felt wierd.

But anyways....
-If you have small kids go to Magic Kingdom.
-If you have boys take them to DHS
-If you have girls take them to Magic Kingdom
-If you are adults only go Epcot
-Animal Kingdom closes too early

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree with the above post, so much of it depends on your family.

For us, no matter how late we arrive, we always go to MK on our arrival day. Sometimes, we just have lunch or dinner at Casey's and go on some of the smaller rides, othertimes we're early enough to do some of the big stuff.

Either way, we're officially at Disney once we got to MK.

All of that being said, I also like the idea of going to Epcot, getting dinner and watching Illuminations :fworks:

disneyworld55925592
10-05-2009, 06:58 AM
I would head to epcot becaues if you can't get on any rides due to the waits, you can still hang out and shop, and eat in the countries.

momof3boysinTN
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
go to info central here at intercot see who closes late or has EMH. I like to do MK my first day as another poster said it just makes it seem more like you are at Disney!!:mickey:

ajpa
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks!

I think we will go to Epcot -- I'm hoping we'll be abl eto do the Kim Possible adveture even if it's afternoon. Does that run out?
We're getting there on a Sat (Dec12).

By the way, would it be better for us to get someone to drive us from the airport instead of using Magical Express? I seem to remember that in 2007 we did quite a bit of waiting for the ME bus to get underway. It didn't matter then because we arrived at night, but we'd be wasting park time this time ...

aj

bruin1344
10-05-2009, 01:06 PM
depends on dining reservations and EMH PM, usually i have one at epcot worldshowcase so epcot would be my pick, if no dining reservations, then prob MK

if MK has EMH PM, my pick would be Epcot and do MK at night