PDA

View Full Version : Should I finally go on Test Track?

DisneyJen26
10-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Every trip my husband tries to get me to go on Test Track. Before he goes on it he says that I would like it. When he gets off, he says he doesn't know if I will. I don't like "thrill rides". I've been told it's no faster then driving down the highway. I've seen the cars go around the track and it looks pretty fast to me!

Should I try it out?

1 more day!!
:cloud9:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
You only live once! Go for it.

SBETigg
10-04-2009, 11:36 AM
It's probably the least scary thrill ride out there. It's very tame. You'll have fun. Try it!

mickkey
10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm a chicken too :sick: But I think ...no I know I'm going to do it in Nov :thumbsup:

snuggs30
10-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh yes do it! It's not really a thrill ride. Inside is all these silly road test they do, but fun! Nothing scary about that! Then when you start to go outside you pick up some speed but it doesnt feel fast, it's just pure FUN! My son has been doing it since he was 4! My mom is not a big thrill person either but she does it with No Problems at all! Try it!

LudwigVonDrake
10-04-2009, 11:56 AM
In all the time it's been open I've only ridden it once. I don't think it's all that great.

Buttercup
10-04-2009, 12:30 PM
It's so not a big deal.
If you stood beside a freeway watching the traffic, the cars would be going faster than they do on Test Track. But that wouldn't scare you away from riding in a car ever again, would it?
It just LOOKS crazy when you're standing on the ground looking up at the cars whizzing by. But it's maximum speed is only 65 miles per hour, driving on an empty road in a convertible. That's all. And it's only the last few seconds of the ride.

Briansmom
10-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Ditto to what all (most:)) the other posters have said.....I am not a big thrill ride person either....and I LOVE Test Track. The fast part you see from outside is only the last 10 seconds of the ride or so. And it's just like riding in a convertible on the highway. Go for it, GURL! You will like it!

Wrigley
10-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Go for it!:mickey: You can do it!:):) I do not like "thrill rides" whatsoever-I tried ToT and Space Mountain and hated them-but I really liked Test Track! It's not scary whatsoever, and it was alot of fun!:mickey: Have a great time!:mickey:

Kenny1113
10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Another for go for it! My ds5 and 8 we both very scared to ride it. It took a couple of tries for both. They did it and love it!
The ride is really not that big of a deal. It seems alot faster on the outside and hearing them go by. It's fun!!!! I wish the outside part was longer!

Disney4us2
10-04-2009, 01:34 PM
When it comes to thrill rides... I sprout yellow feathers and cluck:chicken::chicken:. But.... I love Test Track. It is one of my favorite attractions. I would go for it. It is really fun,

MNNHFLTX
10-04-2009, 02:19 PM
It's actually a pretty tame ride--not like a roller coaster at all. You experience some different effects through the first 2/3 of the ride that are interesting, but not scary and then you go fast at the end, like riding in a convertible on a freeway.

Why not try it out?

Meteora
10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I think you should try it!
I am a total ride scaredy cat. I don't like roller coasters, and for many years, I wouldn't do Test Track. My sister finally talked me into it and promised there were no drops (I hate drops) and that it would be fun. To my surprise, I really loved it, and you might also. It goes fast, but that's pretty much it. I find it more exhilarating than anything else. And it only goes 60 miles per hour, which most people do every day on the highway. It just feels faster because the top is open and the curves are banked.

stitchaholic
10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
go for it,it is really not scary, i promise!

elmjimmlm
10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
I am the same...I am scared of Goofys Barnstormer if that gives you any indication of my fear but I did TT and I survived...The inside riding is nothing but it is fast outside when you go on the turns but it was pretty fun...I say try it...

Joannelet
10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
You will definitely like it. My parents ride it when we go (they are in there 60's and they love it) Its not really a thrill ride. If you ever rode on the highway in a convertible its the same feeling at the end. No drops or anything. Its one lap at the end at 60mph and that is it.
I rode with a 5 year old once and he seemed scared at first then when it was over I looked at him and he goes seriously? That was NO BIG DEAL :)
You will enjoy the ride :) Have fun!! :) When you get back you too will say...that was NO BIG DEAL :) Nothing to be scared of or worried about :)

mindyjoh
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
It is VERRRRRY doable!! My youngest did not want to ride it because from the outside it looked scary but after riding it she loved it. Just get there early or get a FP. It's pretty popular.

bruin1344
10-04-2009, 06:27 PM
go for it, its the tamest of the thrill rides

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm going to come in on the other side of this one. I'm a super-big chicken, and although I survived Test Track, I'm not rushing back for another trip.

The ride is OK, there are lots of twists and turns and I felt like I was being thrown one way and then the other. My Mom, who is much more adventurous than me (she loves MS: Green) HATED Test Track.

But, it isn't super scarey or anything, if I can manage, you can, and you might like it more than I did, and you won't know unless you try.

DVC2004
10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
It's so tame. Try it. Believe me, I've been a passenger in a real car with my husband at the wheel and have been more scared.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Go for it, you will most likely wonder why you waited. :mickey:

IamBelle
10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I say go for it! My mom and I don't really like thrill rides, but we decided to give test track a try two years ago and loved it! My mom was a little winded when she got off, but she admitted she loved it and went on again this last trip! The outside portion isn't that bad, its like driving on the highway with the roof down.

Have fun!! :mickey:

5togetherWDW
10-05-2009, 07:48 AM
This is the favorite ride for the majority of our family. We ride it several times every vacation. My children started on it as soon as they were tall enough -- when they didn't even show on the majority of ride photos (back then it was only front left that you could see them, at all :mickey:). That being said -- we have convinced other people to ride with us many times and I have to say that the ride does feel too intense to some.

The two people that we have brought who have ridden it and then said NEVER again have very different likes. The one thing they have in common is a fear of heights. While outside, in the high speed loops, both were very aware of tilted view below. This is in the "fast" area - but I have not had any speed complaints. It was the height at this area / the banked turns that was the complaint we've heard. For us, this is nothing -- we highly recommend the ride to all -- but, apparently, it is an issue for some.

thrillme
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Heavens to Betsy. Do it and ENJOY.

This is a rather mild ride. If you drove to Disney I guarantee you went faster than this ride AND you weren't on a "track".

Please don't be afraid...it's a lot more hazardous to miss things in life than to live them.

EJS-Houston
10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I agree with everyone: it's not frightening...give it a go!

OleDoleDoffin
10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I just got back from my second trip to WDW and rode Test Track for the second time. Although I'm not wild about the ride, it's because I find some segments a little uncomfortable. I don't find it scary, and I'm a pretty big chicken about thrill rides. I also get motion sickness easily and this ride doesn't bother my stomach at all.

TT is, in my opinion, not what most people mean when they say "thrill ride". The speed is no greater than normal highway speed - you do feel it because you're in an open car, but it's like a convertible rather than a roller coaster train. There is one, very short, downhill. There are a few startling effects in the indoor part of the ride, but they go by quickly.

If I were you I would give it one try. You might like it, you might not. Either way, your husband will quit bugging you to try it ;)

cather74
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
You'll be fine. It really is like riding in a speedy convertible.:thumbsup:

ajpa
10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
I am a total weenie (never go on coasters) but I love Test Track. It makes me scream around the bend outside but it's over before it can get scary.
I just read somewhere that the engine noise is fake -- the cars are electric, so they pipe in all the revving. LOL.

figgie
10-08-2009, 02:37 PM
YES! I'm not the best thrill ride person, but I ride with my husband in his Miata on I-4. Test Track is just another day on the highway as far as I'm concerned!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
A coworker told me that this was a scary ride so I didn't go on it for a few trips. Then I went on it and couldn't believe that she thought it was scary! And I don't believe it really goes 65 mph as others have ridden on it when it was not operating properly and were limping back in and said the speed limit still read 65 mph. Go for it, you'll really like it.

Belster
10-09-2009, 10:18 PM
In my po this is not a thrill ride....there are not drops...or loop de loops. The most intense part of the ride is when it goes fast around the track...just like being in a convertable on the highway.

It is so much fun!!

FYI it will mess up your hair...lol.

Momof3BNL
10-11-2009, 07:28 PM
my six year old who won't ride anything hardly loves Test Track

kemps@wdw
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
63 -65 mph on a mostly flat track. And that doesn't come til the end of the ride. It's a must-do for us on each trip. But the journey to get to the fast trac is just as fun. Taking your car thru it's other "testing" is pretty cool. My goal this next trip is to video the entire ride from start to finish. Then, I can "ride" it anytime I want! :D

Laughin' place
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Go for it! You will most likely find it mild and scare-free, and you may really enjoy it. Might be a real "thrill" (pun intended) for you to try it and find no fear.

DisneyJen26
10-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Well everyone, I did it!!! Thank you for all the encouragement! Did I like it? It was ok, I think that I was mostly a nervous wreck because of the anticipation. My stomach did turn a couple of times (I am such a wimp!), but again, I think it was just becuase of not knowing what was going to happen next. Will I go on it again, mmmm, I think I will :mickey:

Had a great birthday in Disney (except for the recored temps!) :party:

Laughin' place
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Congatulations, and Happy Birthday!:party:

StitchplusTink=STINK
10-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I love this ride!!! it is a definite must. Its only about 3 minutes long and it is so much fun!!!!

BMan62
10-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Well everyone, I did it!!! Thank you for all the encouragement! Did I like it? It was ok, I think that I was mostly a nervous wreck because of the anticipation. My stomach did turn a couple of times (I am such a wimp!), but again, I think it was just becuase of not knowing what was going to happen next. Will I go on it again, mmmm, I think I will :mickey:

Had a great birthday in Disney (except for the recored temps!) :party:

Congrats! You made it! Sometimes all it takes is a little encouragement.

beksy
10-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Congratulations and Happy Late Birthday! I'm glad you had a great time and got in a new experience. :mickey:

Joannelet
10-16-2009, 12:00 PM
yay I'm glad you went on it and see it really wasn't a big deal!! :)
Of course its the unknown that makes you sooo nervous. When you go on it a 2nd time now that you know what to expect, it will be a breeze! :)
Hope you had a fabulous birthday too! :)

caryrae
10-18-2009, 06:03 PM
The worst part of the ride is not knowing when it will break down and not work the rest of the day. We were on it on a past trip a few years ago and while on the ride it stopped working 5 different times.

BigThunderFan
10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
You know, I have a friend who went with us in 2000 for the first time. I screwed up and took him on Space Mountain, then he wouldn't ride anything else the whole rest of the week. I just saw him a couple weeks ago and he & the family just got back from WDW. I asked the kids what their favorite ride was and they said "Small World". I looked at him and he said "you know how I am, we didn't ride any of the big rides". Those poor kids missed out on a very large part of the Disney experience because dad was too scared to ride.
Now, I'm not saying you not riding will cause problems for anyone else not being able to ride, but you see my point.
Try it once, if you hate it you never have to ride again but you can say you did it. If you love it, GREAT!

I thought it was fun, but more tame than I expected. But then again I love thrill rides so take that however you want...

dismommy
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't ride (really severe neck problems), but my DH and DS 8 love and ride it multiple times each trip. I always wish I could, but not recommended.

BluewaterBrad
10-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Ride it!!:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
dont worry about it. it's just plain fun! a quick bump or turn here...nothing worse than some agressive driving in city traffic. :D

seriously, it's a fun ride and worth it.

Belster
10-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks for sharing...I was wondering if you were going to go on. :mickey:

Happy Birthday!

marlyn
10-21-2009, 11:53 AM
My 75 year old mother goes on it and she doesn't do thrill rides.....so go for it! It is just fast, that's all.:thumbsup: