PDA

View Full Version : Before Philharmagic?

GabbyMitch
10-04-2009, 10:53 AM
What used to be in that location before it was Mickey's Philharmagic? Just curious.

TheRustyScupper
10-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Legend of the Lion KIng.

beksy
10-04-2009, 11:10 AM
My memory is kind of rough since there was a gap of no Disney from 1998 until 2008 and I was in the "must do rides, no shows!" stage! I do remember that at one time it was a Lion King show. I don't remember much about it but know the Lion King was movie behind the show. :blush:

LudwigVonDrake
10-04-2009, 11:59 AM
From what I remember it was mostly puppets.

Buttercup
10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Before Philharmagic was the Legend of the Lion King.

Before that was a 3D movie made by Kodak that used to freak me out as a kid. I remember a field of flowers and a clown that scared me, I think? It was called Magic Journeys.

Before that, was a show with Mickey, Minnie & the gang animatronics, singing and dancing. It was called the Mickey Mouse Revue, and you can probably find old photos of it online.

joonyer
10-04-2009, 12:46 PM
The Philharmagic theatre building housed from:

1971-1980: Mickey Mouse Revue, animatronic musical show featuring mickey and lots of other classic Disney film characters.

1980-1987: No real attraction during this time, the building was occasionally open during peak times to show Disney cartoons

1987-1993: Magisc Jouneys; a 3-D film that had also been shown at Epcot from 1982-1986

1993-2002: Legend of the Lion King puppet show.

2002-present: Mickey's Philharmagic 4-D show.

For more info and photos of those old shows, try visiting Walt Dated World website.

cather74
10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I loved Magic Journeys. It was scary and weird and had a creepy song. I still know all the words.:)

Imagineer1981
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
The Legend of the Lion King was an amazing puppet show. Sad to see it go

Greenlawler
10-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Mickey Mouse Revue was by far my favorite Disney attraction as a child!

I would love to see it brought back with updated animatroniocs.

jnfr2424
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow I always thought Mickey Mouse Revue was on Main St. not in Fantasyland I would love to see it come back as well since I vaguely remember it

missnanse
10-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Mickey Mouse Revue was by far my favorite Disney attraction as a child!

I would love to see it brought back with updated animatroniocs.
Me too, loved it. Also Kitchen Cabaret in the Land in Epcot. Boy do I miss these.:(

villavic
10-17-2009, 06:16 PM
1980-1987: No real attraction during this time, the building was occasionally open during peak times to show Disney cartoons

Yes, and I never understood why. I remember the MK map, that section appeared in white. I never knew why they closed the Mickey Mouse Revue. IT was by far my favorite Disney attraction as a child, too. I already was a teen in the 80s but still wa caught by the beauty of that show.

EPCOT84
10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
When Disney World opened, my Mom went out and bought two magazines - Life and Look, which were large format news magazines, similar to Time. The issue of Look had a huge picture of Mickey which was the conductor Mickey from the Mickey Mouse Revue. I remember studying both for all the pictures over and over and over, dreaming of going to see the Mickey Mouse Revue.:cloud9:

Alas I never saw it at WDW. It was already gone but I did get a chance to see it at Tokyo Disneyland, where it got shipped after MK. Sadly Tokyo Disneyland retired the Mickey Mouse Revue earlier this year so now our memories are just that. Sayonara.

So now we have to make do with a virtual version in Mickey's Phiharmagic.

Like many of you here's hoping:unsure: someday it can be brought back. So long story short, what was in that space? A very cherished and precious part of original MK history.

BigThunderFan
10-19-2009, 02:24 PM
I loved Magic Journeys. It was scary and weird and had a creepy song. I still know all the words.:)

Magic Journeys creeped me out with the witch (only part I remember). The last time we saw it my brother was 3 and I would have been 10. We went on it as the last thing before the park closed. While we were in there someone stole our bag from the stroller with changes of clothes and other stuff. So we were in the magic kingdom after hours filling out a report and checking if someone turned in the bag (grabbed the wrong stroller on accident). They did not. Meanwhile, my dad turned around suddenly and the old RCA (circa 1985) video camera hanging from his shoulder hid my brother in the face and lacerated his cheek. So now we were at the first aid station as well.

Needless to say we never saw that show again...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I can't even remember going to anything else at that location! I know I was told the Legend of the Lion King was good but I never made it there and then it was gone.......