PDA

View Full Version : Dining review 10/2

Hammer
10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Breakfast- Grand Floridian Café

We tried here last year for the first time and were impressed. Feel the same way after this year's meal.

My sister had the lobster eggs Benedict, which was served on lobster bread pudding. It was incredible! Cheryl was a little worried that the bread pudding would make it sweet, but it did not and complimented the dish perfectly. She loved this dish last year when it was served on Danish bread and the change this year only made the meal better.

I had the 3 egg Western omelet with cheese (which I think makes it a Denver omelet?) and breakfast potatoes. This was a very well made omelet.

We had mimosas to start and we would not recommend them. It was obvious to us that they use cheap champagne. Yes, you would usually use cheaper champagne for a mimosa, but this was too cheap and the mimosa did not have that nice smooth finish. Also, they would not include my sister's latte as her non-alcoholic beverage. This was the only restaurant where this happened. Every time she ordered a latte or cappuccino along with her dessert at dinner, it counted as her non-alcoholic beverage. Neither of these things would stop us from returning here for breakfast. In fact we are taking our parents here in December!

Lunch-

We picked up Wolfgang Puck's Express to go and had it when we got back to our parents' house. I had the rotisserie beef salad and Cheryl had the sausage and roasted pepper pizza (they were out of the spaghetti and meatballs). Food was good. We did notice that they ran out of many things here, though. They were out of all the cookies except oatmeal raisin and the brownies as well. They did not seem prepared for the increase from the Dining plan, which is odd as this is well into "Free" dining.

SBETigg
10-04-2009, 10:08 AM
The lobster eggs benedict sounds delicious! I love the Grand Floridian Cafe. Good tip on the mimosas. I usually go for straight champagne because I have allergic reactions to OJ, and champagne at breakfast feels so decadent. Like lobster eggs benedict! Yum. Your omelet sounds wonderful, too.

beksy
10-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow, that post about has me convinced that we need to try breakfast here (or maybe any meal ;) ) My sister and I both love lobster.

JPL
10-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Lobster and eggs reminds me of Seinfeld :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
10-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Running out of food items = not acceptable!!!
Shame on Puck's...

Hammer
10-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Running out of food items = not acceptable!!!
Shame on Puck's...

Exactly! Wolfgang Puck Express has taken the Dining Plan CS credit since the plan's inception, so it isn't like they shouldn't be used to the crowds.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
You are making me hungry:)

pdrlkr
10-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat: