PDA

View Full Version : Review- Beach Club Villas

Hammer
10-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Room-

We had a 1-BR for the 2 of us. Our room was ground floor, facing the quiet pool and a very easy walk for my sister to the smoking area by the Coves pool. I had the bedroom, Cheryl had the living room sleeper sofa. She said the bed was fine for her but could be an issue for someone with back issues. The mattress in the bedroom was fine; not a Heavenly bed (which is the best hotel mattress I have slept on) but comfortable enough. Rooms are refurbished and have flat panel TVs which we liked and think all DVC and deluxe accommodations should have them. We liked our room here much better than our room last year at Old Key West, which we think desperately needs some upgrading. The hi-speed Internet connection was in the corner of the living room and was nowhere near any desk. Had we not brought a wireless router, it would have been very difficult for my sister to set up to do the work she had to do each day.

Service-
There was a scheduled power outage in the middle of the night Wednesday of which we were not informed. As the air conditioning went off, both of us woke up and my sister called the front desk (after fumbling around for the phone in the dark) and they told her it was scheduled. We should have been informed of the scheduled outage. It does not take much to place a note under a door. Also, the maid knocks on the door at 8:15 on checkout day to clean our room, which we did not appreciate. We usually would have the privacy sign out there, but mistakenly thought that we would not be bothered before the check out time of 11:00.

Overall, we would stay here again, even though there were a few bumps in the road. The room was very nice. We will be addressing Member Services about our issues, though.

CanadianWDWFan
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the report Christine! We might have to stay at the Beach Club instead of the Boardwalk sometime.

DVC Mike
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
We love BCV, especially SAB, the access to Epcot, and B&C!

Ian
10-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Staying at BCV for the first time in January, so I appreciate the info. Especially about the 'Net connection ... I'll make sure to pack a router.

Maleficent's Dad
10-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Christine,
Thanks for posting. Glad to hear that your trip was (overall) a good one.

Interesting about the internet connection...
Most of the rooms (if not all of them) that I have stayed in have had the connection near the table... Odd set-up for your room!

Hope the rest of your trip was excellent! :mickey:

Jeri Lynn
10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi,
We are renting a 2BR BCV in the end of November from a DVC owner. I realize we will not have daily maid service. Will there be soaps and shampoo's upon our arrival or should I plan on bringing some?

TIA!

DVC Mike
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Will there be soaps and shampoo's upon our arrival

Yes.

Hammer
10-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Jeri Lynn,

In a 2BR, you will get soap and shampoo in each bathroom. The vanity outside the master bath will also have soap and shower gel (for the Jacuzzi tub). These will be replenished on day 4. The bottles of shampoo are small and will not last 4 days for a family, so I recommend bringing your own shampoo.

Jeri Lynn
10-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the replies, I will be sending a box down prior to arrival with some extra soap and shampoo, we had planned on bringing shampoo, just wasn't sure about the soap!

artyboy
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Just got back...loved BCV'.

If you need extra soap or shampoo, just ask when you arrive...the same goes for pillows, blankets, etc. I've never had a problem getting more of anything at any DVC, but you need to ask on check-in, or shortly after you've arrived...so, no need to pack extra stuff.

Have fun...it's a great resort!