PDA

View Full Version : Online ADRs - Never Again!

GreenBeetle
10-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Had my alarm set for 5:50am this morning to give the online system a try - even though I had my doubts.

Well, all my doubts and fears were realized BIG TIME! Error Message . . . Can't Retrieve My Reservation . . . blah, blah, blah.

So I wait till 7am to call the ADR phone line and get through right away - a very good sign. Things start off OK, until I try to book the Fantasmic Dinner Package. A computer glitch in the entire system in preventing the reservation from going through :mad:. I was on the phone with Disney for 75 minutes - long distance I might add! And I still have no Fantasmic Dinner Package. I have to call back later when the glitch is (hopefully) fixed. It's only 8:30 in the morning and I'm already exhausted!

Thank you for listening. :crazy:

TheDuckRocks
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I find your post very interesting as our 90 day mark was Sept. 1 and I too was unable to pull up my reservation information at 6 AM online. Kept trying for the next hour and finally called at 7 and was able to get everything except........Fantasmic! dinner package because of a "computer glitch". I then asked for a later time without the package and still was unable to get Mama Melrose because of the glitch. On the 10th of Sept. I called to get ADRs for my daughter and once again no Fantasmic dinner package and I bet you know the excuse I was given.

VWL Mom
10-04-2009, 10:06 AM
That must be one heck of a computer glitch if it hasn't been fixed in a month!

Not sure if this will help but you will not be able to pull up DVC under my reservation. You need to go into your first restaurant and enter it there.

beksy
10-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I know how you feel! I've tried on two different 90 day marks and both times couldn't pull up my reservation on the on-line location. I didn't have any problems with the phone ADRs though. I just couldn't get Fantasmic because they were full. :badpc:

SurferStitch
10-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Not sure if this will help but you will not be able to pull up DVC under my reservation. You need to go into your first restaurant and enter it there.

Yep, I also wasn't able to pull up my reservation through MJ with the regular link. I had to also choose my first restaurant, then I was able to link all of my ADR's to my reservation.

stitchaholic
10-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I had trouble with the online ADR's also,so at 7am on the dot I called in ,and I got everything i wanted at the good times,even fantasmic dinner package at mama melrose:D

sisterslovindisney
10-05-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm in the same boat this morning. Can't seem to make it work. I was able to get something for my first day( which I don't even want reservations for)..but then nothing. Tried and tried then got a message saying online dining was having a problem so I need to call in.

TheRustyScupper
10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
1) Alas, we have no one to blame for on-line ADR's but ourselves.
2) People wanted on-line so much.
3) But, no one considered that over-demand would cause problems.
4) Now they are here.
5) There just isn't enough bandwidth to cover all the access requests.
6) I can see only marginal improvements.
7) Can only guess what October-27th will be like.
8) 180-day ressies and 90-day ressies all on the same day.
9) Whew!

I guess it still works: "Be careful for what you wish, as you might get it.".

TheDuckRocks
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
1)
8) 180-day ressies and 90-day ressies all on the same day.

And every day between 90 to 180.

HMFan
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
This morning was my 90 days...also could not get the online ADR system to find my reservation...SO, had to call at 7am.

Booked three out of the four I wanted, but no Narcoossee's available on the last two days of my trip. First person I called said NO reservations have been made for there on those two days and suggested I try back later. The 2nd person, just now at lunch hour, seemed to not be terribly interested other than to say nothing was available and MAYBE that restaurant is slacking off on "releasing" their seating info to the system and I COULD try another time.

Now, I don't know if I should wait and almost certainly book an otherwise vacant Narcoossee's when it becomes free...OR, if they are both wrong and it is booked full, am I losing my chance to book another preferred place? Ugh.

Ian
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
This entire system has become a complete and total disaster.

I honestly don't understand how a company the size of Disney has such inept IT people. This stuff is so simple Holiday Inn's have been doing it for years, yet the premiere(allegedly) entertainment company in the world can't do it??

WDW is a train wreck. They need to fire every manager, VP, and President in that joint and start from scratch.

GreenBeetle
10-06-2009, 04:39 PM

I agree! I have never been a Disney complainer. I've never had bad Customer Service, rude Cast Members or trouble booking ADRs in the past. I have always sung the praises to everyone I know about Disney, but here it is 3 days later and they are still telling me the Fantasmic Dinner Package is not fully loaded into the system for the month of January yet!! It could be ready by the weekend! What the heck is that??!!

And another troubling aspect of this story is why doesn't Disney inform the entire Dining Reservation staff (however many that may be), of the problem so they all have the same information?? Each time I call, I have to go through the whole process again waiting online for at least 15 minutes while they speak with IT to find out what the problem is . . . shouldn't they all know by now if this "allegedly" happens at the beginning of every month?

Total frustration here. :bang:

rflorek
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM

I honestly don't understand how a company the size of Disney has such inept IT people. This stuff is so simple Holiday Inn's have been doing it for years, yet the premiere(allegedly) entertainment company in the world can't do it??

WDW is a train wreck. They need to fire every manager, VP, and President in that joint and start from scratch.

I humbly diagree. I have been one of the lucky ones who has NEVER had an issue with the online dining system. Of course, I am traveling at the end of October when it is a little slower, but still during free dining. I logged on on my 90 day mark - no problems. Retrieved my resort reservation - no problem. made all 8 ADRs I need within 15 minutes of my desired times and received the email confirmation - all within 20 minutes (and I didn't even get up early because I forgot to set the alarm).

I for one was super excited when they announced online ADRs so I didn't have to sit on hold FOREVER to make some ADRs.

I'm sorry others have issues. I think the system worked great for me!!:thumbsup:

Belster
10-09-2009, 02:02 AM
I humbly diagree. I have been one of the lucky ones who has NEVER had an issue with the online dining system. Of course, I am traveling at the end of October when it is a little slower, but still during free dining. I logged on on my 90 day mark - no problems. Retrieved my resort reservation - no problem. made all 8 ADRs I need within 15 minutes of my desired times and received the email confirmation - all within 20 minutes (and I didn't even get up early because I forgot to set the alarm).

I for one was super excited when they announced online ADRs so I didn't have to sit on hold FOREVER to make some ADRs.

I'm sorry others have issues. I think the system worked great for me!!:thumbsup:

I will have to agree. I am also going at the end of October and had NO problem getting all of my ADR's. It took about 15 minutes and I was on my merry way.

DisneyPrincess21
10-09-2009, 03:07 AM

I will have to agree. I am also going at the end of October and had NO problem getting all of my ADR's. It took about 15 minutes and I was on my merry way.

I agree with both of you guys. I had no problem whatsoever with the online ADR when I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago.

In fact I found it much easier and quicker then calling. I had all of my ADR's for my upcoming December trip (8 Table Service's-Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's, O'hana, Sci-Fi, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace) All in less then 15 minutes.

I am a big fan of online ADR, but I think it is good that they have 2 different options, one for the people who aren't crazy about using the computer to book things or the people that don't have a computer, and one for the people who rather book ADR's online.

Meteora
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Quick question--
Is there a consensus on what time it is possible to make online ADRs? I know the "official" time is 6 am EST, but I keep seeing people posting about being successful at 3 am EST. I'd rather not get up at 3 am to try to make ADRs if it won't work...but if there's a chance it will, I guess I should.