PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews- 10/1

Hammer
10-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Last full day of dining (though Friday's breakfast will get it's own thread because it was that good)

Lunch- Hollywood Brown Derby

Appetizers-
Maine Fruit Wood-smoked Salmon - with Caponata, cracked pepper-dill Mascarpone, and Crostini - I really liked this appetizer. The salmon and caponata blended together nicely.

Cremini Mushroom Chevre Raviolo - with tomato-fennel sauce and shaved parmigiano-Reggiano - Nice mushroom filling and the sauce was tasty. It is served as one big ravioli, like the Sonoma goat cheese ravioli at California Grill.

Entrées-

We both had the Spiced-rubbed Black Grouper - with sautéed haricots verts and sunchokes, rainbow carrot slaw and citrus butter, as we both love grouper. As usual, we loved this dish.

Dessert-

We both had the creme brulee and we were disappointed with it this time. We have had the creme brulee here many times and it has previously been wonderful. This time it was too solid, almost at the consistency of a flan. This is the first time we have not finished the creme brulee at the Brown Derby.

Dinner- Narcoossee's

We ended our dinners with our favorite restaurant and happily it maintained it's status as our favorite restaurant.

Appetizers-
Prince Edward Island Mussels with Parsley- pastis broth and sourdough toast. This was was so delicious! Perfectly prepared!

Narcoossee's Shrimp and Crab Chowder with Dill creme fraiche and house made crackers. This soup base is very flavorful and works well regardless of what seafood they add to it.

Entrées-
We both had the steamed Whole Maine Lobster, which is served with drawn butter, potato gratin and asparagus. Lobster size was around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. Lobster was tasty, not chewy at all

Dessert-
Cheryl had the almond-crusted Cheesecake without the cherry sauce on top. We have had this dessert before and it was just as good this time.

I did not want a big dessert, so I tried the Gelato sampler, which has chocolate, raspberry, pistachio and cappuccino gelato. It was a great ending for this meal! I especially like the pistachio gelato, though all were very good.

Aggie97
10-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Thank you for posting your reviews!

Narcoossee's is our favorite WDW restaurant as well. Can't wait to eat there again -- just four weeks from tonight. :mickey:

SBETigg
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM
We skipped Narcoossee's last time and we were sorry. I love it, too. I prefer my cheesecake with the cherries, but that's how I roll. :) The Brown Derby meal sounds good, too. Can't wait to hear about the breakfast!

CanadianWDWFan
10-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the review. We have always enjoyed the Brown Derby, sorry that the Brulee wasn't up to par for you.

We have yet to try Narcoossee's but by the sounds of it we have to give it a try next time.

VWL Mom
10-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Looking forward to trying both of these for the first time during our November trip.

JPL
10-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Bad time to read dining reviews now I am starving and it's 3 1/2 hours before lunch :(

Maleficent's Dad
10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Two of my favorite dining locations at WDW.

Glad to hear that they were (for the most part) as good as always! :mickey2:

Hammer
10-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the review. We have always enjoyed the Brown Derby, sorry that the Brulee wasn't up to par for you.

We have yet to try Narcoossee's but by the sounds of it we have to give it a try next time.

Brian, that is why we were so sad about the creme brulee this time. It had always been our favorite creme brulee, above Les Chefs De France and Le Cellier. I am going to hope this was just a bad day.

You and Jenn definitely should try Narcoossee's with your family. If I remember from when I met your family 2 years ago at Intercot's 10 year anniversary, you have well behaved children who should be able to handle a meal there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Yummy!

pdrlkr
10-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat: