PDA

View Full Version : Where would you?

Mrs Bus Driver
10-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Watch the fireworks at MK? This trip will be DH's first and most likely only WDW vacation. I would like to make it as special as possible. You see Hubby has cancer and in April we lost our son. If you were to get a cs meal and find a spot to watch where would you go? Thanks in advance :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
10-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Right in front of the castle! God Bless.:mickey:

cinderellagrl
10-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I also agree, right in front of Cinderella Castle. I would grab Caseys, and then find a spot on mainstreet....

SandmanGStefani24
10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
i 2nd casey's! great dogs there! :number1:

Of course any shot with the Castle in front of you is excellent, and the intended way to see it. Still, I found a great place to watch one year, alongside, near the Shootin Gallery we had a nice bench to sit on and a speaker very close so we could hear the narration. It was very nice to sit there, and take it all in. It is a very special moment for me, and one that still can bring a tear if i think about it too long.

Either will be ok, but don't get too much into where you see it from. Just be sure to relax and take it all in. Your friends at Intercot will be with you! (sorry, that was very Star Wars!)
:yoda:

Aggie97
10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I would grab a hot dog from Casey's Corner and watch the fireworks right in front of Cinderella Castle. In my opinion, you just can't beat that view. :cloud9:

I really hope you and your husband have a wonderful trip.

doombuggygal
10-04-2009, 01:01 AM
We like to stand on the bridge to Tomorrowland. You can see the castle and all of the fireworks that are blocked by the castle when in front of it. It's also neat when Tinkerbell flies over you at the start.

10-04-2009, 01:27 AM
From Casey's / Ice Cream about halfway on the bridge you are still on the "uphill" portion of the street looking at the Castle. After Spectro the street turns into 2-way traffic. Camp out on the east sidewalk until the 5 minutes to go
announcement and at that time the Main St CM's that are doing 2-way will let everyone on the east sidewalk come out to the street to the tracks in the center. Because most of that side of the street had been open for moving people there will not be "all that many people" there at that time and you will get a good viewing spot near the middle of the street and be looking "uphill" toward the castle as Main St. goes uphill from Town Sq. until the middle of the bridge prior to the hub in front of the castle.

Just my $.02 and my preferred watching spot both as a park guest and a CM.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I would grab a hot dog from Casey's Corner and watch the fireworks right in front of Cinderella Castle. In my opinion, you just can't beat that view. :cloud9:

I really hope you and your husband have a wonderful trip.
:mickey:
A hot dog from Casey's sounds perfect, Dh is a big hot dog fan. Are they really good hot dogs? :eat: Is there somewhere to snag a seat nearby? DH won't be able to stand for a long time. It is okay if we have to sit there for a while. He refuses to use a wheelchair, last time we went somewhere with a lot of walking we keep finding places to sit and watch the world go by.

Either will be ok, but don't get too much into where you see it from. Just be sure to relax and take it all in. Your friends at Intercot will be with you! (sorry, that was very Star Wars!)

That's okay I am a big fan of the original 3 "Luke I am your father" :darth: "Feel the force Luke" :yoda:

Joannelet
10-04-2009, 10:25 AM
There are tables right outside of Casey's. The hot dogs are REALLY good there!!! You can sit there during the fireworks or you can just get your food and find a curbside seat in front of the castle.
Enjoy your dogs and the fireworks!! God Bless!!

pixie897
10-04-2009, 10:45 AM
I agree with Caseys..it is a perfect place to watch the fireworks from....the bridge by Tomorrowland would be my second choice.....We enjoy the fact that Tinkerbell flies right overhead and if you're there on a night when the park is open past the fireworks...its really easy to get back into Tomorrowland without having to fight the crowds in front of the castle

Mrs Bus Driver
10-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the information. I was just trying to find Casey's on a map but couldn't find it. Where is it located exactly? :mickey:

Seasonscraps
10-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the information. I was just trying to find Casey's on a map but couldn't find it. Where is it located exactly? :mickey:

Heading towards the Castle - it's the last store on the left hand side of Main Street.

AllDisney
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Get a dog at Casey's and watch the fireworks from the bridge to Tomorrowland:cloud9:

EJS-Houston
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I like the area right in front of the castle near the statue of Walt and Mickey. You can watch the fireworks, then walk a few paces and take a seat on the curb for the night parade. I filmed both last time I was there (2 years ago) and got fantastic footage!

garymacd
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I also agree, right in front of Cinderella Castle. I would grab Caseys, and then find a spot on mainstreet....

That would be my choice, too. We found the best spot is right where the rail lines in the middle of the road split. For some reason, we found the area just about empty and easy to see everything.

Casey's is a great spot for a quick meal as well.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Heading towards the Castle - it's the last store on the left hand side of Main Street.

wdwfansince75
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
We used to grab a table at the terrace, but they have the dessert buffet there now....Also used to grab a Casey dog, and try to find a table in the patio area on the waterway, between Main Street and the Terrace. They frequently close that location for VIP's....
We have also found that for those evenings when wishes start at 9 PM or later, the benches on the porch at Crystal Palace are often empty. Just a few steps from Casey's, and a great view from there.
And for a slightly different view, consider Pecos Bill's....Tables outside, good CS meals inside....

joonyer
10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I agree with the best view being in front of the castle on Main Street. It is the most crowded location, but that is because it is the most magical viewpoint, with the fireworks framing the castle. So get there early if you want to find a seat on a bench or at a table. WE usually just sit on the ground or curb until the show starts and then stand up during the show anyway. We also get Casey's dogs while waiting for the show to start. It's one of our family traditions. Watching Wishes at MK is my No.1 most magical experience at WDW. It brings tears to my eyes every time, maybe because of the music ("When You Wish Upon a Star") and because it also reminds me of watching "Wonderful World of Disney" on TV as a kid. We only had a black and white TV and until I was about 12, and I always dreamed of seeing the fireworks over the castle in Disneyland live and in color!

It's the best! :thumbsup::number1:

Mysttree
10-07-2009, 08:00 PM
There are some seats in the rose garden, but the problem with them is that many people will just stand in front of you. :mad:
Another suggestion if seating is necessary (which I understand it would be)...
Narcoosee's or California Grill- They both have great views & the music piped in. You could enjoy a great meal, or just a cup of tea & enjoy the magic. Though they don't have hot-dogs! ;)
I hope that whatever you decide that you both have a WONDERFUL time!

faline
10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Main Street - around the Casey's Corner area is the very best place to watch Magic Kingdom fireworks!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss and struggle with such a terrible disease! I wish you the very best!

tnpoohbear
10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
We love to get a hot dog at Casey's and then grab a spot in front of the Crystal Palace there at the rail. It is a great spot and was not crowded!

Sylvia
10-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Watch the fireworks at MK? This trip will be DH's first and most likely only WDW vacation. I would like to make it as special as possible. You see Hubby has cancer and in April we lost our son. If you were to get a cs meal and find a spot to watch where would you go? Thanks in advance :mickey:
I'm sorry to hear your news.

I hope you have a wonderful, magical vacation.

A hot dog from Casey's is the best. There are many tables outside, so you should be able to find a seat with a good view of the Castle.

I have several favorite spots for watching the fireworks, but I'm going to go with the majority here. Watching the fireworks on Main Street adds to the magic.

rubato
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't have any extra suggestions for you (the folks on here are good). I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss and I hope you and your hubby have a magical time in Disney!

LVT
10-09-2009, 07:05 PM
You might ask him to reconsider the wheelchair. If he cannot stand for long periods there is no reason to feel guilty for using it for better viewing for the the 2 of you.
Our family also enjoys the behind the castle view.