PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on MVMCP

Mrs Bus Driver
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
What if we just want to see the fireworks and ride the rides? Is it worth it? We would be going Thursday Dec 3 if we do it. :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I think so. You can only see holiday wishes during mvmcp, and it is my favorite fireworks show. Plus when we went last year there was literally no line at pirates of the carribean, philharmagic, and haunted mansion, we just walked right in. It was awesome! Plus the have the special "mickeys once upon a christmastime parade" which you can only see during mvmcp. They have special mvmcp merchandise and pins. Free hot cocoa and cookies and "snow" on main street. It is truly the most magical you will feel at disney imho.

:santa3: I will be there on my first day i get in 12/03. :santa3:

faline
10-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Our strategy is usually different. We usually try to take advantage of all the party has to offer and don't worry about riding the rides!

Whether it's worth it to you to pay extra to ride the rides is up to you!

Strmchsr
10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
For just the rides...no. The Holiday Wishes is nice, but it also isn't and end all to be all. Regular Wishes works just fine and you can see the decorations and ride the rides without paying a lot of extra. What makes it worth it for us (like Linda) is the stuff you can't do any other time - the shows, parade, "snow" (soap bubbles) on Main Strees, and Wishes rolled into one. The rides are no different, and it varies as to whether wait times are any shorter. Sometimes yes, sometimes no depending on the crowds at the party.

BIGDOG
10-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Our strategy is usually different. We usually try to take advantage of all the party has to offer and don't worry about riding the rides!

Whether it's worth it to you to pay extra to ride the rides is up to you!

Are you saying you can stay and watch the parade and fire works if you go to the park that day? You just can not ride any ride unless you buy the party ticket?

faline
10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Are you saying you can stay and watch the parade and fire works if you go to the park that day? You just can not ride any ride unless you buy the party ticket?

Not saying that at all. Regular park goers should exit the park by 7:00 p.m. Whether you want to ride the rides or just enjoy the other offerings, you need a party ticket. There are many spots where I was asked to show our party bracelets just walking through the park. If you don't have one, you'll be politely, but firmly, asked to head for the exits and leave the park.

BIGDOG
10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
oh I see you mean you make the best of your time for the extras and skip rides that are there all year any ways. I thought so, I wouldn't think they would let you stay and just sit on a bench and watch the parade and fire works..They sold special pins at the halloween party for that night only, do they do the same for the christmas party?

DisneyPrincess21
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
They sold special pins at the halloween party for that night only, do they do the same for the christmas party?

Yes

Aggie97
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't think I would pay extra for only the rides and fireworks. As with previous posters, we enjoy MVMCP for the parade, fireworks, shows, snow on Main Street, holiday-themed character greetings, and overall festive atmosphere. :santa3:

Mrs Bus Driver
10-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone I was just toying with the idea but think I will skip it.

dismommy
10-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Last year we bought tickets and really ended up just enjoying the rides, fireworks and the show in front of the castle when they light the lights on the castle. Intended to do the parade but my DS was intent on riding rides and got to go around goofy's barnstormer 3X without getting off. So event though we didn't do everything I wanted he had a great time and rode lots of rides so it was worth it to me, next year maybe we can follow my agenda if we get to go, but I kind of go with DS flow and try not to be to rigid.:santa3:

MongoMil
10-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I would say if you have never been try it. At worst you say why did I spend the extra money. If you enjoy it then it is another magical moment brought to you by disney. I say this and I have never been before, but I have tickets in hand ready to go on Dec.1. But snow on Main Street alone makes me want to go and I live in Maine.

jnfr2424
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I agree with the PP try it at least once see IMO you are thinking of it as just rides and fireworks it is more than that. First of all the date you are going, its still early in the season so it won't be as crowded. Between the snow on Main St., the parade, free snacks, the dance parties, photo ops, and holiday fireworks the rides really come in second as speaking from experience, we were able to ride Splash Mountain 3 times in a row and the longest wait for a ride was 20 minutes for Peter Pan

minnie04
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Sell you on it... ok..... Your day is perfect Dec. 3rd.. less crowded, shorter lines, happier people, MORE magical, You feel like your walking through a Christmas Village on Main Street...LOVE IT!!!!

Belle_0717
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
We will be there on Nov. 13. Can't wait. Haven't been to MVMCP since 1999.

The snow on Main Street is worth every penny not to mention the parade and fireworks. :santa3:

At most of the parties, I look forward to getting on my favorite rides more than once. But MVMCP, I want to get in all the events & happenings and pass by the rides I can always go on.

DH & my sis always plan on hitting the mountains especially Splash.

:santa3: 36 days to go :santa3:

ransam
10-06-2009, 01:23 PM
jsut like most everyone said, it is worth it.
It's just a completely different atmosphere, and all the cast members and characters are dressed up for Christmas.....
you'll love it.