PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews- 9/30

Hammer
10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
We left WDW yesterday, so they aren't live from WDW anymore, but they are still current-

Lunch- Cosmic Ray's

We each had a Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal (we skipped the dessert). Burger tasted good and not too dry as some had reported. The fixings bar here is very similar to Peco's Bills, so we added our grilled mushrooms and onions and cheese sauce for the fries.

Dinner- Jiko

Appetizers- My sister had the Mussels in garlic wine sauce which was delicious (we always try each other's food). The broth was so flavorful and the mussels were perfectly cooked and cleaned.

I had the seared ostrich filet which was very good. The filet was very nicely seasoned. Which is why we were surprised once we had our entrees...

Entrees- I had the Barbeque short ribs and my sister had the filet mignon. The cuts of meat were good, but both were very under seasoned, especially the filet. We never salt and pepper our meat at restaurant but we needed to do that for this meal. The food was good, but we did not like the lack of seasoning used while cooking.

Dessert-

Cheryl had the Kenyan coffee ice cream with spiced doughnuts which was very good, especially the spiced doughnuts. I had the pistachio creme brulee which was good, but could have a bit more pistachio.

ElenitaB
10-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Sorry that Jiko was good but not great.

Really appreciate that you took time out of your trip to provide us with live dining reviews! (I'll forgive you for ruining the appeal of our own paltry dinner choices here at home :fresh: )

SBETigg
10-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I had the ostrich app there in April! It was really good, wasn't it? I also had the ostrich as my main dish at California Grill and it was amazing. We joked that our April trip was my ostrich visit. I'd never had it, and I loved it. Very beef-like. I'm now a fan of ostrich (and they have always really scared me- now I know what ostrich is good for. Eating! :blush: ). Lack of seasoning is a surprising criticism for Jiko, not the usual. I wonder what happened with that?

JPL
10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Makes me wonder if they were getting complaints that the food was too spicy since I have heard Jiko was known for the seasonings they use.

Maleficent's Dad
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Lack of seasoning at Jiko's? Now that's an odd complaint...

Thanks for sharing! :smickey:

Hammer
10-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Makes me wonder if they were getting complaints that the food was too spicy since I have heard Jiko was known for the seasonings they use.

Jeff, it wasn't even about spice. The steak tasted like they did not salt and pepper it before it was cooked! Neither of us had a "spicy" dish. It was really odd.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Wow...that sounds like some interesting places to eat.....

pdrlkr
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat: