PDA

View Full Version : Fear of small spaces BLT

Through the looking Glass
10-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Having gone over the boards, I've read that the studios are quite small at BLT. Is there anyone out there that can give me an idea of how small they are. We know the studio size in BW and OKW. How does it compare? There is four of us and usally we bring a small blow up bed(twin size) for my 6 year old (nope can't share the bed he moves too much). Do you think there will be enough room for it. Originally was excited to stay there, now there is a little fear.

DVC Mike
10-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Here is a comparison of Studio sizes:

BLT: 339 sq.ft.
AKV-KV: 366 sq.ft.
AKV-JH: 316-365 sq.ft
SSR: 355 sq.ft
BCV: 356 sq.ft.
VWL: 356 sq.ft.
BWV: 359-412 sq. ft.
OKW: 390 sq. ft.
VGC: 379 sq.ft.

wendy*darling
10-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I think it will fit fine for sleeping. You may need to prop it up against the wall during the day for walking space though.

Another comparison are the room sizes at the Value (260 sq ft) and Moderate (315 sq ft) resorts.
When my kids were younger, we had a similar issue and also traveled with a twin size air mattress. We were able to easily fit it in a moderate resort room.
And, I stayed at Pop Century a few years back on a solo trip and I know for sure I could have added an air mattress in there as well.

So, with BLT's studio at 339 Sq feet- I think you will be just fine.

Tinkermom
10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
We are staying in a studio at BLT in about a week. We also own a blow-up twin bed (not taking it this time) but I can check the space/set up for you and let you know if it will fit ok. :mickey:

seanyred
10-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I've scene a mock-up Studio at the Doorway to Dreams store and I know that it was probably smaller then the actual room. However the one thing I didn't like is the bathroom sink is not in the bathroom but rather in the same area as the Kitchenette.

Tinkermom
10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Wanted to get back with you about the space in a studio at BLT. I have to say these studios really are smaller than the typical DVC studio. As for fitting a twin aero bed it would be very tight but doable. You can fit a twin aero bed at the foot of the bed between the bed and the dresser. That will be the only spot I think it will fit. It will make it difficult for the person on the sofa bed to get out to the bathroom in the middle of the night but again I do think it is doable.

BLT STUDIO (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8078549@N07/sets/72157622501861319/)
Here is a link to some photos of the BLT studio. The one with me in the picture shows the space at the foot of the bed that I am talking about.

You really cannot beat the location of BLT and the views! We had a fabulous time! :mickey:

cassjgibbs
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I just returned from a weekend trip.. 2 adults and a 14yr old and a 12 year old. I did not feel cramped in the room except for the fact that the bed is so close to the wall and the pull out sofa. However I do think that you could put a blow up mattress in the entrance due to open space there. The thing that I did not care for was the fact that the bathroom sink is in with the kitchen area. I felt like I was getting my hair and/or hairspray all over the kitchen area :ack:... but that being said.. that would not stop me from staying there again.:thumbsup: You must use your room key to get into the building.. pool area.. and have someone to send you up to the sky lounge... not sure that I liked that since I am not accustomed to that.. but it does let you know that unless you are staying there.. you are not going in those areas.

DVC2004
10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
It's not really that much smaller than alot of hote rooms. You should be able to fit the blow up mattress.

Through the looking Glass
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I guess we will have to make do. I really want to stay there due to the location. Usally we get a one bedroom but decied to save on points. It's a short trip.

Thanks again!:rocks:

And thank for the pic's Tinkermom:thumbsup: