PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Dining Suggestions

Mary Chase
10-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Does anyone have a favorite place to eat at WDW on Thanksgiving? We were unexpectedly able to extend our trip next month and will be there over Thanksgiving. I've tried to get into a few places and have not had the best luck. I am probably going to be at Epcot that day, so somewhere close or in Epcot would probably work best. Thanks for the help!

valerie923
10-02-2009, 10:17 PM
We ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe, but that was in Hollywood Studios. I really liked that place. They had a taditional Thanksgiving dinner on the menu which was nice.

mousetrapper
10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
We ate Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern in MK in 2007. It was OK - a nice traditional holiday meal with character interaction - but I think I would try somewhere different if I ever do T-giving dinner at WDW again.

jnfr2424
10-03-2009, 05:23 PM
From my past experiences at having dinner on Thanksgiving forget the popular places those were booked solid since August (think LTT, 1900, Ohana's, Boma, Le Cellier) Since you stated Epcot check out Teppan Edo or Nine Dragons even Coral Reef most places do have a traditonal Thanksgving fare as well as their normal menu. Last year we had tickets on Thanksgiving for La Nouba so we ate in DTD @ Fulton's Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

buzznwoodysmom
10-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Two years ago we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May Cafe. Out of our party of 15 everyone really enjoyed it. This year we'll be there for Tday again and since we're staying at Beach Club we've booked Cape May for our Thanksgiving dinner again. Its worth a try. We've also eaten at Maya Grill at Coronado and it was such a pleasant surprise. Its an off the beaten path kind of place and kind of out of the way so I'd bet it won't be booked solid yet. Good luck finding something.

pixie897
10-03-2009, 07:50 PM
2 years ago my family was down there for Thanksgiving and we ate at Chef Mickeys...they had a traditional thanksgiving buffet plus a few other items too...I'm not sure if they still do that or not but when we were there it was quite good

ElenitaB
10-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Just about every restaurant will have Thanksgiving fare on their menu that day, so chose your location rather than the restaurant by its normal menu. As you'll be in Epcot, you'll have loads of great choices but I'd stay away from locations that are normally crowded (such as Le Cellier or Coral Reef).

Would you consider heading out to the Epcot resorts? Cape May, Kouzzina, the Captain's Grille or the Yachtsman Steakhouse might be a bit quieter than Epcot itself.

Mary Chase
10-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Ok - I have two choices - Cape May Cafe (not sure - is that a hike from Epcot - I heard it's within "walking distance") and Rose and Crown. I originally thought no on Rose and Crown b/c their typical menu doesn't seem like something that would appeal to my family, but since it will be Thanksgiving Day and will have traditional thanksfgiving food - I hope - we might be okay. We are actually staying at Coronado - so good to know about Maya Grille. We just want to stay close to Epcot - we don't like to leave the parks unless it's really close by.

I have heard lots of good things about Cape May Cafe - but I'm not sure about my time (both are around noon) - does anyone know what time they'll start serving lunch - I am kind of thinking the reservation for Cape May might still be during breakfast hours - which I don't want. Do you think it's safe to say that lunch should be served after 11? I seem to want to go with Cape May b/c I've heard good things - but Rose and Crown would be more convenient.

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I may be wrong, but as far as I know Cape May only serves breakfast and dinner. So if your ADR would be around 11am, it would most likely be breakfast. If you can manage to get a later ADR for dinner it is a wonderful meal on Thanksgiving. The buffet was half seafood and half Thanksgiving fare. The desserts were amazing. There were mini pumpkin pies, pecan pies, and a number of other desserts. I also remember a pumpkin soup that was to die for. Cape May is a short walk (about 10 minutes) from Epcot through the International Gatway, or you can take a boat over if you don't feel like walking. We've eaten at Rose and Crown once and didn't like it, but we didn't have the Thanksgiving options so maybe it would be better for you. Good luck findiing something that pleases you.

SFTrny
10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I've founf that a lot of people are trying to recreate a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at WDW and those venues get crowded very quickly. They also aren't all that great.

I would suggest that you consider something novel for Thanksgiving dinner...you are at WDW! Have you thought about BOMA or JIKO for dinner?

Try something offbeat that will give you great food that maybe isn't so traditional...and I assure you it will be fun. Just remember to take time to say "thanks" for everything....including the fact that you are at WDW! :mickey: