PDA

View Full Version : new TTA audio

AvonleaCF
10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
As of today the TTA has new audio. Sounds like the guy who narrates the cartoon section of Spaceship Earth.

But no more "paging mr morrow" or anything else. :(

I just got off and expressed my disappointment to a Cast Member.

Sad times.

P.s. Space Mountain currently looks like a train wreck. The grounds are blocked by a fence but you can see them on the TTA.

Ian
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
For some reason, I find this bitterly disappointing ...

The strikes me as being sort of arbitrary and capricious. Sort of like when they, for no apparently reason, removed the talking skull from the Pirates' drop hill.

KylesMom
10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
:( Half the fun of TTA is the audio - and trying to duplicate the narrators' voices. I know this sounds stupid, but the voice tracks from TTA can be heard in my house often from DS, DH or me having a "Disney Moment".

Sad indeed . . .

AvonleaCF
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
They added Stitch and Monsters Inc.

The got rid of all "now approaching..." lines and the "forward facing tentacles" bit. :(

cer
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh no.

senderella
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Bummer! I don't know if I can ride TTA without Mr. Tom Morrow! That really makes me sad!

Ian
10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
They added Stitch and Monsters Inc.:ack:

I thought they were over their Stitch kick.

cinderella crazy
10-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Such a disappointment. :(

Rekenna
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
:(What a bummer! That was one of the reasons I liked the TTA b/c it was so retro. And I agree, I thought they were over Stitch-ugh!:ack:

Can we have a retro Disney World and a all new refurbished Disney World? I would love an over the top, totally retro version myself. :cloud9:

BMan62
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Glad we got one last ride with the original soundtrack!

barbiegirl314
10-02-2009, 12:20 PM
I wish they would stop messing with the "classics". I don't even think I'll be able to ride it anymore.:(

mdricks
10-02-2009, 12:47 PM
That bites. My family really loves that ride and the audio is part of the fun.

I still remember my, then, two year old talking about keeping his forward facing test@$%$#@ in the car.

He's now 11 and we still laugh about that.... :blush:

phillydan
10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
:confused:
Doesn't make any sense to me; why not just supplement the track and keep the classic stuff? "now approaching" is a constant phrase we use around the house and we will miss it at the park. We even looked forward to hearing it when walking under the track areas. TTA was closed when we were there in August, so we didn't get a last chance. Thank God for YouTube!!

I guess we can assume the same will happen to the queue line recording in Star Tours, once that rehab is done. Better get your Tom Morrow fix from there before it is too late.

magicofdisney
10-02-2009, 01:04 PM
This just frustrates me to NO end! I was on this ride last week and was SO GRATEFUL they had not messed with the audio.

Why? What's the reasoning? Jiminy Crickets!! I'm so ticked off right now. Thank goodness I have the original audio on my iPod (along with the Jeremy Irons SSE). :(

Zawadi
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I wish they would stop messing with the "classics". I don't even think I'll be able to ride it anymore.:(

:ditto:
The imagineers must have thought that Mr Tom Morrow was a bit yesterday! (groan)

SurferStitch
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
It is a shame to lose the old audio. I loved the "now approaching" stuff. I agree that they should have left the classic lines in there.

But, contrary to the Stitch haters here...I'm thrilled to know we'll hear Stitch on the ride in December. I really miss hearing him on the resort monorail. At least I still have his monorail spiel on my iPhone.

cardinalsfan_98
10-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Thank goodness I have the original audio on my iPod (along with the Jeremy Irons SSE). :(

Where is that track available online? I did a quick Google search, and was unable to find it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup:

Laughin' place
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
pagin Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow, your future has been cancelled
RIP to another great memory and favorite little Disney gem
The TTA has always been a favorite of mine, Im glad all my family got a few memorable rides in 08
This got me thinking, wouldnt it be great (I know this isnt possible, just work with me for a minute) if attractions at WDW could be like Horizons -- where the rider could choose one of several experiences. Imagine being able to ride the "old" TTA (or the Wedway), or the new one...being able to enjoy the old Tiki Birds, or choose Under New Managment..lots of possibilities to dream about. The COP could really use this feature, as there are several itterations one could choose from. I always loved the "future" of Tomorrowland (my childhood favorite land) and the Disney spirit of progress. Starting to wonder....

mickeysworld
10-02-2009, 01:53 PM
OK. This stinks. Totally and completely sinks.

AvonleaCF
10-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I rode it just yesterday with the original soundtrack and then today...bam! It changed.

And it's not just that they added the Stitch voice; they now talk about the newest attractions (so stitch and monsters).

It really isn't the same. :(

Robert's Dad
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
This stinks:mad:

MushuGrl
10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
What the Hades???????

No more "NOOOOOOW APPROACHING...MICKEY'S STAAAAAAAAAR TRADEEEEEEEEEEEERS."??????

I'M HEARTBROKEN! THAT'S MY FAVORITE PART! (For some reason...mainly 'cause it sticks in my head.)

Ian
10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
This got me thinking, wouldnt it be great (I know this isnt possible, just work with me for a minute) if attractions at WDW could be like Horizons -- where the rider could choose one of several experiences. Imagine being able to ride the "old" TTA (or the Wedway), or the new one...being able to enjoy the old Tiki Birds, or choose Under New Managment..lots of possibilities to dream about. The COP could really use this feature, as there are several itterations one could choose from. I always loved the "future" of Tomorrowland (my childhood favorite land) and the Disney spirit of progress. Starting to wonder....Cool idea ... it could probably be done, too, only would probably cost too much for Disney to ever consider.

And it's not just that they added the Stitch voice; they now talk about the newest attractions (so stitch and monsters).The two newest and two of the worst attractions, I might add.

No wonder they feel they need to be hyped.

DizNee143
10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
i was just there last thursday..i cant believe they changed it!!!
im so happy i got on it one last time..and i actually video taped most of it!!!!
why why why must they mess with things!!!
this is..possibly was (now) my favorite ride..
grr..

seanyred
10-02-2009, 03:14 PM
My DW is going to be so upset....here favorite line was "your party for saturn has arrived..." Other than complaining on here is there anyway to complain directs to Disney brass? Or are they hiding behind a magic curtain.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-02-2009, 03:48 PM
They might as well remove "Por favor mantegase alejado de las puertas" from the monorail spiel while they're at it. Heck, why not also remove "We have 999 happy haunts, but there's room for 1 more" and "Don't forget to bring your death certificate" from the Haunted Mansion. Or maybe "Don't forget to hang on to them hats and glasses, folks, cuz this here's the wildest ride in the WILderness" from Big Thunder. I don't think any of us Disney enthusiasts really care about those classic lines, anyway. :rolleyes:

laprana
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
And it's not just that they added the Stitch voice; they now talk about the newest attractions (so stitch and monsters).

This really stinks! Not only did they take out the old, clever commentary, but they replaced it with a commercial?!? And a commercial for one of the worst attractions in all 4 parks? It's crazy! I absolutely love the TTA and was soooo looking forward to riding it again this December. I'll definitely still ride it, but it just won't be the same without "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" and all the other little quips that made it so entertaining. Now we have to listen to Stitch? :ack:

Belster
10-02-2009, 10:22 PM
One statement from me: check my signature quote! I am not happy!

TheRustyScupper
10-02-2009, 10:25 PM
1) Imagineering strikes again.
2) OK, it might be Entertainment.
3) Either way, they turned a Plus'd into a Minus'd.
4) RIP, Tom.

IMHO, I think Joe Rohde must have had hand in on this. It sure has the smell of an ill-conceived change. He does have a track record of minimizing attractiond and making terrible changes.

Renfairwedding
10-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Now how will I ever know when its time to watch out for my forward facing tentacles :confused: :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
We will be there in 2 weeks and I was so happy TTA would be open but now I'm a little heartbroken ds is now old enough to really pay attention to what was being said and to remember it, and now what he'll get is an advertisement for 2 lame "attractions":(

Fangorn
10-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Well, I'm glad I got to hear it yesterday (my Birthday). I guess I'll hear the new on on Sunday when we go back to MK.

Steve
:mickey:

Hammer
10-03-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm also glad that we got to ride it on Wednesday before they changed it. There is a designated smoking section right by this portion of the TTA and my sister was quoting these lines. She's not really thrilled at the new spiel she'll be subjected to on our next visit in December...

PETE FROM NYC
10-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Our first day of our trip was in MK on 9/6 and TTA was still closed.Did manage to ride it on 9/12 with the new sound track,and both DW and I were disappointed with it. I miss the educational aspect of it where the used to talk about linear induction motors and such,plus the rest of the old spiel.

mousetrapper
10-03-2009, 08:41 AM
"...your party from Saturn has arrived...please give them a ring..."

I am so upset about this! This is one of my family's all-time favorite rides. So relaxing and so very Disney.

Why does Disney make these kinds of changes?? Don't they do any kind of focus group or polling to see if people will like it or not? :confused:

I'm just so disappointed...

:mad:

magicofdisney
10-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Our first day of our trip was in MK on 9/6 and TTA was still closed.Did manage to ride it on 9/12 with the new sound track,and both DW and I were disappointed with it. I miss the educational aspect of it where the used to talk about linear induction motors and such,plus the rest of the old spiel.
I was just there last week (9/21-9/26) and it did NOT have the new track.

Is it possible they're just doing a test run to get people's reactions?

AvonleaCF
10-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I was just there last week (9/21-9/26) and it did NOT have the new track.

Is it possible they're just doing a test run to get people's reactions?

It was changed Friday, October 2. According to the CM it's here to stay. :(

pink
10-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I might just cry. I don't like all of these new changes. I am all for refurbishing but that didn't need to be changed. :(

beksy
10-03-2009, 12:49 PM
This is terrible! We used to ride it over and over and loved listening to the audio. It added so much! We'll still ride it but it won't be the same. Especially with Stitch. :ack:

amd780
10-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh, this is so sad! When DH and I rode the TTA 3 weeks ago, I was happy to find out that they hadn't changed the audio. At least I got one more ride in before the change. RIP to yet another classic. :(

Mousefever
10-03-2009, 02:03 PM
That bites. My family really loves that ride and the audio is part of the fun.

I still remember my, then, two year old talking about keeping his forward facing test@$%$#@ in the car.

He's now 11 and we still laugh about that.... :blush:

That's too funny! No more Tom Morrow...that's so sad.

Amy

sacandjac
10-03-2009, 02:11 PM
:sad: I am so sad! I love this ride and I always loved the audio! Why?? :confused:

Change it Back!! Please!!

jnfr2424
10-03-2009, 05:02 PM
:(What a bummer! That was one of the reasons I liked the TTA b/c it was so retro. And I agree, I thought they were over Stitch-ugh!:ack:

Can we have a retro Disney World and a all new refurbished Disney World? I would love an over the top, totally retro version myself. :cloud9:

:ditto:

Chrisx2
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
OK, I just listened to the new audio track (someone posted a recording online). The only redeeming thing is that they called it the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. There is no trace of the previous audio. No Mr. Tom Morrow, no "now approaching", no rocket-shipping anywhere in the galaxy, no Perfect Park Acres. If they took out the music in the Space Mountain section, that might just finish me off. Maybe I'll just take my ipod and listen to the previous audio while I'm riding.

Skippy
10-03-2009, 08:18 PM
They might as well remove "Por favor mantegase alejado de las puertas" from the monorail spiel while they're at it. Heck, why not also remove "We have 999 happy haunts, but there's room for 1 more" and "Don't forget to bring your death certificate" from the Haunted Mansion. Or maybe "Don't forget to hang on to them hats and glasses, folks, cuz this here's the wildest ride in the WILderness" from Big Thunder. I don't think any of us Disney enthusiasts really care about those classic lines, anyway. :rolleyes:

Eeek - Don't give them any ideas, or you'll have Stitch(:sick:) telling you to por favor, hang on to your 999 happy haunts.

dumbo_buddy
10-03-2009, 08:38 PM
OK, I just listened to the new audio track (someone posted a recording online). The only redeeming thing is that they called it the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. There is no trace of the previous audio. No Mr. Tom Morrow, no "now approaching", no rocket-shipping anywhere in the galaxy, no Perfect Park Acres. If they took out the music in the Space Mountain section, that might just finish me off. Maybe I'll just take my ipod and listen to the previous audio while I'm riding.

how can i get the original on my ipod??

alliekat
10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
We were there in August and they were testing the lighting, we were really hoping to ride it, but it never opened. I am so sad to hear it has changed. One of my most fondest Disney memories, is when the rest of the family was on Astro Orbiters and I rode on TTA alone. This was a few years back. I totally soaked every minute in of that ride. I will still ride it, I love seeing the park from that view, but I will miss the soundtrack. Are the images the same, like the city and the hairstylist? I sometimes wonder why Disney seems disloyal to it's regulars by making unecessary changes. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney and will never stop going, but I do feel a bit let down:confused:

SandmanGStefani24
10-03-2009, 11:17 PM

i am so BUMMED to hear this!! I agree and that's now 3 rides that have been altered for the worse IMO. I didn't like the change with the kitchy cartoony ending of Spaceship Earth, I REALLY don't like what was done to the old El Rio Del Tiempo ride, and I hate to hear this now. I understand things have to evolve with time, but can't we keep just a little of the old too? Now I am even more worried the changed Star Tours will be more of the same...

seanyred
10-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I've listened to the new audio. And I have to admit that it isn't that bad...its not great either. If I was in charge I would be wanting to mix in more of the classic jokes/one liners that were originally there. I don't see why they can't do that.

When they refurbed POTC I was concerned but I felt they did a good job of mixing old and new (except for the talking skull and parent out front). I'm all for change...but if your going to make change make it better not just mediocre.

Melanie
10-04-2009, 11:49 AM
My question is why not debut the new audio when the attraction re-opened a few weeks ago? Why open back up with old audio and then switch? :confused:

Monorail_Red
10-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I am not against them mentioning Stitch or Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in the TTA spiel. But to completely replace it...they have gone too far.

I remember how I felt when they replaced the monorail spiels with Joe Hursh. But about 5 years later...I have come to like it.

But if the new TTA spiels are as different as described...I don't know how I will be able to take it next time I ride in December.

I was there just last weekend enjoying my ride on the TTA after the refurb. To hear now that they replaced the spiels...they have gone too far this time.

LudwigVonDrake
10-04-2009, 11:52 AM
I'll still ride but I won't be happy.

Bamf1000
10-04-2009, 12:11 PM
First they change this now what next the monorail audio? hopefully they dont get rid of that guy saying "Please stand clear of the doors,Por favor alejado de las puertas"

Monorail_Red
10-04-2009, 12:18 PM
First they change this now what next the monorail audio? hopefully they dont get rid of that guy saying "Please stand clear of the doors,Por favor alejado de las puertas"

They replaced the Monorail spiels back around this time in 2004. Jack Wagner still says "Please Stand Clear of the Doors"

Speaking of Jack Wagner, I was saddened to hear that his spiels were replaced on the Orlando Airport trams that shuttle between the terminals.

BMan62
10-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Very disappointed in the new spiel. Like someone had said earlier, it is now nothing more than a commercial for the attractions in Tomorrowland. No heart, no fun! Somebody needs to wake up and remember what Disney and WDW is all about!!

Meteora
10-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmm. I'm disappointed to hear this as well. TTA is a classic in my family, and while a new audio won't hinder us, we'll miss the old one.
It certainly seems like there is a lot of upset over this change and no real excitement. As someone else asked upthread, is there a way we can communicate our feelings on this matter to Disney?

darthmacho
10-04-2009, 03:16 PM
:( Half the fun of TTA is the audio - and trying to duplicate the narrators' voices. I know this sounds stupid, but the voice tracks from TTA can be heard in my house often from DS, DH or me having a "Disney Moment".

Sad indeed . . .

Well put, I agree. So many classic lines from that ride. I know they want to keep things fresh, but I like tradition and I'm suspicious of change. I suppose I should reserve judgement until I hear the new track, but I know I'll miss the old one. :(

EPCOT84
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
The original Disneyland Peoplemover's spiel was plain with a voice over that was more tour guide like with soft music and even gave stats on the attractions. The voice was calm and authoritative, like most all the original recordings.

When I first visited MK, I was so used to the Disneyland narrative, I thought Magic Kingdon's TTA narrative was a disappointment. It was too corny. Some parts of it were the same I think (the "now approaching" part) but I remember thinking :ack:.

When I visited Tokyo Disneyland I was disappointed there was no Peoplemover. So over time and after Disneyland got rid of the Peoplemover, only MK's was left so I had to accept it and eventually looked forward to hearing the jokes.

Now viewing the October 2nd change online, it looks like they attempted to go back to the original Disneyland idea but with a horrible voice. I'll take the authoritative voiceover anytime. Also, it appears they could include something during the empty Space Mountain construction area. Definitely needs improvement.

Overall opinion is :ack:. Thank goodness we can relive the old voiceover online. I think I'll look for a Disneyland Peoplemover video now so I can relaaaax.....

Stu29573
10-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok. This was a mistake. Pure and simple. Tomorrowland has historically been the "land" with the poorest theming, and this does not add anything...it detracts from it.

buzznwoodysmom
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Oh no. The TTA was closed during our trip in June and we were all looking forward to riding it this Nov. "Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders" was one of our favorite parts of the ride. So sad to know its now gone. We use that phrase all the time. When turning into our neighborhood or down our road we often say "Now Approaching (name of subdivision or name of our road)". My kids are going to be crushed.

tiaramom
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
What a disapointment- they should have shut down the ride for refurb-
going slow through the trash at space mountain( this wasnt a ride) . aweful!!!!

BrerGnat
10-05-2009, 11:15 AM
This is such sad news. :( I love this ride, and MOSTLY for the audio. I mean, it is still an enjoyable ride in its own right, but imagine if it were totally silent. It would just not be as good.

I am so over the audio for attractions being COMMERCIALS for OTHER attractions. Like at the Backstage Tour at DHS...it's like one big commercial for LMA stunt show. Even the audio on the monorail has become just a commercial for character meals and such...SO annoying.

And don't even get me started on Stitch...:ack:

Ugh. Sad day indeed.

Imagineer1981
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM

They did sorta mess with Big Thunder when they added the spanish version of the spiel, half the time I miss it now because it feels rushed and muted

i am so BUMMED to hear this!! I agree and that's now 3 rides that have been altered for the worse IMO. I didn't like the change with the kitchy cartoony ending of Spaceship Earth, I REALLY don't like what was done to the old El Rio Del Tiempo ride, and I hate to hear this now. I understand things have to evolve with time, but can't we keep just a little of the old too? Now I am even more worried the changed Star Tours will be more of the same...

Agreed. Spaceship Earth's redo was terrible and I am sure the Mexican people are proud that Donald Duck is such a rich part of their heritage. As for Star Tours, well George Lucas will play a big role, so I am sure it will be as good as Episode 1-3 :ack:

laprana
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
As someone else asked upthread, is there a way we can communicate our feelings on this matter to Disney?

I just read this in a blog Jack Spence posted on the All Ears site about the TTA audio:

"I was told the Imagineers will monitor guest reaction to gauge how this change is received."

Maybe we should send Disney some e-mails regarding our disappointment, just in case they really are going to see how the change is received?

seanyred
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I also read somewhere that this new spiel is closer to what the original spiel was for the PeopleMover in DL. But I have no memory of that.

Anyway I noticed in this thread a lot of complaints about the "commercial" aspect of rides at WDW. And I just wanted to share this thought for some perspective. When Walt originally built DL he intended it for two main purposes 1)a place where parents can have fun with their children 2)to promote his products.

Just make it entertaining...and I think that is what is missing from the new TTA spiel.

Little Round Bale
10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I feel the the refurbishments being made lately leave off the fun factor. I am 51 and love the slap stick in the rides, it is the kid in me. I think sometimes Disney takes the goofy stuff out because the "crowd is older", but we are all kids when we enter the gates. I will miss the old verbage. I love the ride.

Ian
10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Okay, so I read through each and every one of the 65 replies to this thread. Some of us posted more than once, so being more than generous and tossing 15 posts that would leave 50 individual responses in this thread.

Not one person said they were happy about this change. Not a single, solitary, ONE.

Which truly begs the question ... does Disney even know what their guests want anymore??? Do they even care??? :confused:

ChipDale
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
We've stayed away from WDW for four years because of stupid changes like this. We're coming back so we can enjoy the things that aren't at Disneyland. I sure hope that I'm not going to find disappointment after disappointment.

Skippy
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I also read somewhere that this new spiel is closer to what the original spiel was for the PeopleMover in DL. But I have no memory of that.

there's a youtube of the "WEDway Peoplemover Front Car Ride-through 1991"
where you can hear the audio. Back then it was pretty much a tour of tomorrow land too pointing out different attractions, but also giving fun facts (how the wedway works, that it could travel up to 40mph but is going to stay at 10, that space mountain is Florida's third largest mountain). I think the current audio (from what i can hear) could use some livening up and levity added.

BrerGnat
10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyway I noticed in this thread a lot of complaints about the "commercial" aspect of rides at WDW. And I just wanted to share this thought for some perspective. When Walt originally built DL he intended it for two main purposes 1)a place where parents can have fun with their children 2)to promote his products.

I understand what you're saying. However, I think Walt's intention was to more promote or tie in his movies and television shows to attractions in the parks. I don't necessarily think a ride in Tomorrowland needs to advertise OTHER rides in Tomorrowland. It was one thing when the TTA audio would say "Now approaching...", because it was supposed to be the TRANSIT AUTHORITY, and when you're on public transportation, that's what happens.

But the way they are wording the audio these days on the attractions sounds more like the Resort T.V. channel that exists SOLELY to do this sort of "advertising". It's cheesy.

seanyred
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
But the way they are wording the audio these days on the attractions sounds more like the Resort T.V. channel that exists SOLELY to do this sort of "advertising". It's cheesy.

I don't disagree with your statement. The Now Approaching...way was still technically advertising but it was clever and fit with the theme of the ride. The new is bland and doesn't fit as well. I hope they can make it better.

Ian
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
We've stayed away from WDW for four years because of stupid changes like this. We're coming back so we can enjoy the things that aren't at Disneyland. I sure hope that I'm not going to find disappointment after disappointment.JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck are you???

Melanie
10-06-2009, 02:36 PM
We've stayed away from WDW for four years because of stupid changes like this. We're coming back so we can enjoy the things that aren't at Disneyland. I sure hope that I'm not going to find disappointment after disappointment.

It will be fun regardless!!! :thumbsup::beer:

Mushu11756
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Just wait until they re do fantasy land! I'm sure they will get rid of alot of the older stuff that we are used to. What that will be I'm not sure but I'm sure it won't be the same as it is now.

denygold
10-06-2009, 05:46 PM
This is very disappointing- the audio was a big part of the enjoyment. We will miss it greatly.

ChipDale
10-06-2009, 06:30 PM
JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck are you???

:hi: Howdy Ian! :D I'm great, thanks!

It will be fun regardless!!! :thumbsup::beer:

OK, I promise to keep a positive attitude and just enjoy! :angel: :D

ElenitaB
10-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi, Jane! :wave:

I'm not happy about this at all! :nope: First, GM announces that they're not going to manufacture Saturns anymore and now this??? My car is going to have an identity crisis!

I agree... the sound track was definitely part of the attraction of this attraction. It just won't be the same without it.

Ian
10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
:hi: Howdy Ian! :D I'm great, thanks!Great to see you back around, Janey! I missed you!

... the sound track was definitely part of the attraction of this attraction.:rotfl:

kbean
10-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Yea at this point they might as well replace the main character in CoP with Wall-e. The classic announcer voice goes hand in hand with the theme of CoP....Bummer dude.

frakers
10-07-2009, 01:39 PM
OK, I just watched a video of the updated version with the audio. I really wasn't bothered by it at all. Oh sure, I missed hearing Mr. Johnson in the Skyview 1 Hovercraft but it really wasn't bad at all. I read the posts on here about the entry in Stitch on the ride but was relieved that all he said was "I don't think so" in answer to a comment about keeping him under control. That's it. Thank goodness.
The audio also includes Mickey Mouse commenting on Star Traders and Buzz Lightyear.
The majority of the ride is quiet with interspersed comments from the narrator. That's fine with me. I liked the audio before but, aside from expecting certain commenst at various points, I was pretty much there for the relaxing ride.
Y'all had me scared on this thread. This wasn't nearly as bad as it was led up to be. We go in 24 days and I'll sit back and relax and enjoy as I always do. I love the TTA......

brookview
10-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah the first time I rode it I thought it was a rollercoaster and I was freaking out:blush: but then when it was done we rode it for like ever! And the voice grew on me. And hearing that I have to listen to Stitch when I'm riding on it makes it worse.(I'm kinda freaked out by him.):stitch:
P.S. When you said they added Stitch and Monsters Inc. you didn't mean we'll see part of there show/ride did you ? (just curious) :puppy:

caryrae
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM
As of today the TTA has new audio. Sounds like the guy who narrates the cartoon section of Spaceship Earth.

Sad times.

P.s. Space Mountain currently looks like a train wreck. The grounds are blocked by a fence but you can see them on the TTA.

I was wondering about this because we were at MK on 10/2 and noticed it seemed different and things were missing. Just wasn't quite the same.

Meteora
10-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I just read this in a blog Jack Spence posted on the All Ears site about the TTA audio:

"I was told the Imagineers will monitor guest reaction to gauge how this change is received."

Maybe we should send Disney some e-mails regarding our disappointment, just in case they really are going to see how the change is received?

I will definitely send an email, and might include a link to this thread. I'm not under the impression that it will help, but...well, you never know.

Polynesian Dweller
10-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Will be there in a couple of weeks and we will ride it and see for ourselves. I'm sure it will feel different but for is change is just change. Things have to change sometime to keep fresh. Heck, Walt Disney started changing Disneyland the day after it opened. Yes, actually the very next day he changed things.

Over 51 years of going to Disney I've gotten used to change. Some is great, some is average, some is poor, but at least there has been change. I wouldn't have kept going to DLR and WDW if they didn't change, how boring would that be? (Very)

So TTA changed. No big deal, its just change. If it lasts, history shows that in 5 years or whenever it changes again there will be a lot of complaining about that too. Any change feels unusual so feels wrong.

Me, I'm going to wait until I've seen it a few times and it gets normal rather than make my mind up on the first feels of 'oh I miss that'. Could be it just feels unusual not that its actually bad. Did that with Stitch, and it was still bad, but because I gave it a real chance it proved itself as bad for me after a few tries and not just on my first impressions.

Lightning McQueen
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm also very disappointed to hear about this. how could they change the audio to have nothing to do with "tomorrow?"

AvonleaCF
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
P.S. When you said they added Stitch and Monsters Inc. you didn't mean we'll see part of there show/ride did you ? (just curious) :puppy:

Nope. Just as you pass by the attractions they're mentioned (when you can see their queue). Kinda like how when you pass the Speedway they mention traffic conditions.

(By the way, I've been a member of this forum for about five years and this is the first time a thread I started reached more than two pages. Whoohoo!) ;)

Meteora
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
So TTA changed. No big deal, its just change. If it lasts, history shows that in 5 years or whenever it changes again there will be a lot of complaining about that too. Any change feels unusual so feels wrong.

I don't disagree with your points about change in general, but I always look at the quality of the change. Some changes I love, because I think they greatly improve things. But I don't like when things I enjoy change to things I think are just "eh." The old TTA track had charm, and it was amusing. More than being just a tour to tell you what other rides you could go on, it had a definite theme of its own and felt like an experience that could stand on its own. I'm all for positive change, but not for change for change's sake or to promote other rides in the park that are not huge hits while leaving out all the wit and originality. Changing things just because it's been awhile and not because anyone has a great idea about how to make it better is a very fast way to lose a lot of charming things.

jefmblrd
10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Well that's so disappointing. I always looked forward to the TTA audio, and now it's gone. Sad.

DreamFinder2
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Ok, so I just watched the video with new spiel...ummm, honestly, I kind of forgot to listen to the audio...

..I JUST WANT TO BE THERE!!!!

62 days and counting.

Oh, and the audio really isn't THAT bad...not as good as the old, but not terrible.

SurferStitch
10-07-2009, 10:29 PM
OK, I just watched a video of the updated version with the audio. I really wasn't bothered by it at all. Oh sure, I missed hearing Mr. Johnson in the Skyview 1 Hovercraft but it really wasn't bad at all. I read the posts on here about the entry in Stitch on the ride but was relieved that all he said was "I don't think so" in answer to a comment about keeping him under control. That's it. Thank goodness.
The audio also includes Mickey Mouse commenting on Star Traders and Buzz Lightyear.
The majority of the ride is quiet with interspersed comments from the narrator. That's fine with me. I liked the audio before but, aside from expecting certain commenst at various points, I was pretty much there for the relaxing ride.
Y'all had me scared on this thread. This wasn't nearly as bad as it was led up to be. We go in 24 days and I'll sit back and relax and enjoy as I always do. I love the TTA......

I also heard the new audio, and I totally agree with you (except for your Stitch comments....for me, there's never too much Stitch). :stitch2:

But, you're right...the new audio isn't bad at all. It's not the faux future announcements, but it's fine. Really, it's not like there was THAT much audio before...most of the ride was quiet. We just know where the announcer was going to say his spiel, and it will be a little weird not to hear it anymore.

I still look forward to enjoying the TTA when we go in December. It's still fun, and with Stitch, it's awesome!

Laughin' place
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Not trying to "sidetrack" the thread, but I was just reminded of another small "tomorrow" part of Tomorrowland I miss. The video that played inside Space Mountain (the "futuristic" TV station, with fashion reports, traffic, "Crazy Larry" commercials, etc) was fun. Sure helped kill time while I waited for my then favorite ride.
Past versions of Tomorrowland played so well into my hopes and dreams of the future -- space travel and exploration, advanced technology, etc. I loved the feeling of "going" somewhere else, to a land of tomorrow. I felt like I was transported to the future, just like crossing the bridge to the sound of jungle drums took me to exotic locales in Adventureland. Tomorrowland feels like a part of a theme park now, and this is another lost piece of the magic.
Here's to hoping for more good change on the horizon (uh oh, opened another can of worms there...sorry):beer:

magicofdisney
10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I could not care less if this were the most well thought out, articulate spiel ever created at Disney. My gripe is that they "fixed" something that wasn't broke. :mad: I'm going to miss what we no longer have.

seanyred
10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
To look on the bright side...At least WDW still has the PeopleMover. Unlike DL where they ruined it beyond repair (or to expensive to repair).

TinkRocks
11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
TTA is one of my favorite WDW attractions and am so disappointed that there's an entire new audio track.

I loved hearing ORAC 1 Commuter Computer, the female and male (Pete Renaday?) narrators, and the witty / cheesy jokes, as well as the nod to previous Tomorrowland attractions.

I'm ok with Stitch and Monsters Inc. being added to the audio track - after all, the TTA is designed to let TTA travelers about what's available in Tomorrowland, but don't like how the entire TTA narration now sounds like a commercial.

I miss the variety of voices that were on the previous TTA audio - made it more interesting.

Horizons - gone.
World of Motion - gone.
Spaceship Earth - Jeremy Irons narration gone (and current narration now seems to have been dumbed down IMHO).
TTA - ORAC 1 narration version gone.

:(

PinKy
11-22-2009, 09:13 PM
We also complained to the cast member at the ride after being HORRIBLY disappointed at the audio. Not only is Tom Morrow gone, it sounds like they are ADVERTISING to the passengers on the RIDE!! Its really AWFUL. I can't imagine the meetings that must have taken place where ANYONE sat around thinking that was going to be a pleasant ride experience. Seriously, by the end of the ride, you're almost expecting to hear, "and that's not all Wal-Mart shoppers!! We've got great discounts on Billy-Bob-Joe's shoe-shine cream!" etc. Ok - that's maybe going a bit far - but if I wanted to be advertised to I'd stay home and watch tv. Why couldn't they just replace it with something 'modern' space-y - describing the rides - not ADVERTISING them!! I mean, the voices are terrible. It was more like a TOUR of Tomorrowland before - interesting - engaging - now its well - its like TV.

Darin M
11-24-2009, 12:47 AM
No more Tom Morrow???? NOOOoooo.... I can't believe it. Of all the lines they got ride of...That stinks!

mickeys_princess_mom
11-24-2009, 06:58 AM
I could not care less if this were the most well thought out, articulate spiel ever created at Disney. My gripe is that they "fixed" something that wasn't broke. :mad: I'm going to miss what we no longer have.

RIght here with you! I'm really disappointed! Glad I just happened to read this before it hit us by surprise Saturday! My husband is going to be disappointed, too.

Roland
11-24-2009, 08:43 AM
The reason why the Disney faithful go back year after year is because of those special nuances that make the visit predictably enjoyable.

The little things that create atmosphere is what I enjoy best and I'd be amiss if the crab and seagull were to be removed from POTC.

I understand that sometimes rides are removed to bring new entertainment vehicles so the 'new' Disney faithful can create their own memories.

Look at Winnie the Pooh ride? How many of the 'new' faithful aren't aware it was once Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?

I loved WTP until I went to Disneyland and went on MTWR.

It's all relative to when you became a Disney faithful.

DigitalDaredevil
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I am not pleased with the new TTA audio. There really was no need to change it.
TTA is a classic ride that does not have much to tweak to begin with.
The previous narration was fun, futuristic and authoritative like it should be. It was listenable over and over without being annoying or overbearing.
Well, seems that Disney has found a way to mess up a great thing.
The new audio is too much about promotion and baby talk. I understand that a lot of kids ride it, but there is no need for the irritating tone and the overbearing tone that the attractions are being promoted with.
Tommorrowland is about the future. The previous narration used the futuristic tones and sterile voices that made it seem like you were part of the experience.
The new narration reminds me of Spaceship Earth's new narration. It is not as good and sounds like a kindergarten teacher speaking to her class.
Not fun and definitely ruins rerideability.

DigitalDaredevil
11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I forgot to add that it would be nice to have the option of different audio tracks on certain attractions. Similar to picking your mode of transportation on Horizons.
But for now I will have to use my Ipod.

d_m_n_n
11-27-2009, 02:00 PM
When I first read this I was :thedolls: , but now I am :cry: . Mr. Tom Morrow has always been my family's phrase...and I was passing it on to my children. Now DS8 will never remember what it means.

CURSE YOU, DISNEY IMAGINEERS!!!

Brooklynos
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I will miss Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow very much as well. My DH and I often quote things from the old soundtrack of this and will sadly hear the new track in March. We still like the people mover as we fondly call it but the older "cheesy" spiel will be missed.

AmBo
12-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Where is that track available online? I did a quick Google search, and was unable to find it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup:

If anyone wants to know where to get this spiel online, either visit my homepage through my profile here or shoot me with a PM. :cool:

goon29
12-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Wow, this is really sad. Lets make some noise! There's no reason they can't have the old audio mixed in with whatever new nonsense they added.

brookview
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Well I have to admit as long as there's new rides there is probably new audio :unsure:

goofygirl67
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Just rode it last night and the new audio stinks. I hope they don't change the monorail speil also...I like 'Please stand clear of the doors'. The spanish part is the only spanish I can understand.

Renfairwedding
12-09-2009, 08:31 AM
If you ask me the voice sounds almost like Johnny Depp's voice from Charley and the Chocolate Factory.
Sort of strange and creepy.

laprana
12-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, I finally rode the refurbished TTA on our Dec. 3-8 trip and agree with everyone else who has said the new audio stinks. It's boring and very much like a commercial. "Visit Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor!" "Be sure to stop by Stitch's Great Escape!" (Not exact quotes, but something similar is said. The audio is so bland that it doesn't really stick in your mind once you're off the ride.) It has none of the charm and character it had before. I still love the TTA and will still always ride it, but it is definitely missing something now. :(

brookview
12-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, I finally rode the refurbished TTA on our Dec. 3-8 trip and agree with everyone else who has said the new audio stinks. It's boring and very much like a commercial. "Visit Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor!" "Be sure to stop by Stitch's Great Escape!" (Not exact quotes, but something similar is said. The audio is so bland that it doesn't really stick in your mind once you're off the ride.) It has none of the charm and character it had before. I still love the TTA and will still always ride it, but it is definitely missing something now. :(I just hate it when he says stuff like that it sounds like a ride i want to get off of i once rode a ride a bit like that trying to sell stuff or bore me to tears it was so boring i forgot the name of it!:cloud9:

handmaidenofprincesses
12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
I am horrified, the TTA is my favorite because of the audio! I know it sounds incredibly dorky, but as a little kid I always could imagine living in Tomorrowland and taking the TTA to school or whatever, b/c the audio made it feel like real transportation, rather than just a place to chill out from a long day of walking.

Besides, I don't pay $80 a day to be advertised at! This is more obnoxious than the resort TV channel (at least you can turn the sound down on that and imitate the host/hostess.. I swear that's the only point of that station)

Ian
02-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Okay I know I'm way late to the party here, but we just rode the TTA with the new audio the other day and I wanted to give my two cents.

I have to say, I didn't mind it at all. It didn't affect my enjoyment of the ride one iota (which surprised me) and, actually, I'm not sure I don't like the new audio better than the old track.

It's far less intrusive to your experience and actually a bit more "old school" if you ask me. This is kind of what I remember the old audio being like way back in the WedWay Peoplemover days.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. We rode TTA probably 10 times and quite honestly didn't even miss the old audio at all.

Mousefever
02-07-2010, 01:18 PM
We heard it for the first time last week too. I think what I don't like about it is that the voice sounds like one of the Kim Possible characters, or Kirk Cameron when he was in Growing Pains. Other than that, I didn't mind it, but missed "Paging Tom Morrow".

Amy

OogieBoogieMan
02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I think the new audio is awful. They could have changed it with a nod to the old version, I just don't get it.

wmdaddy
02-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Another one who thinks the new audio is horrendous. The voice and the spiel both stink.

Brooklynos
02-10-2010, 09:06 PM
I am dreading the new audio. This was one of my husbands' and my favorite rides. We loved the cheesy spiel and it's not the same without Mr. Tom Morrow.

With that said, we will ride it numerous times I'm sure and enjoy every time. Change is unavoidable, maybe we will just laugh at the new cheesy voice and learn to love it....:mickey:

PinKy
03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Have they still not revised this from their "improvement" or "updating" or whatever? Is it still the "Hello shoppers!!" style of greeting similar to what you would find at a grocery store or something?

Ugh. How AWFUL.

I'm not sure I'm even going to ride it again. Its just too sad...... I don't understand why they couldn't have updated it and made it sound more interesting and modern rather than cheap and dime-store-ish.

blegh.

kemps@wdw
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
"Respect the classics, man"!:cool:

Bad Wolf
05-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Sad times.

I am so dissapointed to hear this :( We only decided to take another trip about 4 days ago, and since then various lines from the TTA have been bandied about in excitement. So sad to know it's been changed.

plutosnana
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
The guy sounds like he has a high voice with a low tone. Wow! This is 6 pages long. Well now I know we all love the TTA

Gotta Love Eeyore
05-04-2010, 10:00 AM
:( No paging Mr. Morrow...

:( No keeping our tentacles inside the vehicle...

Are you kidding me? What's the point of this? Couldn't the money have been spent somewhere else? :confused:

plutosnana
05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
YEAH! how bout that whole new fantasy land theme!? Sorry I post so much on this I mean I am sooooo mad. Grrr grrr If u saw me in person I'd be alot madder.

CU Tiger
05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Some change is good if they are making it better, but this is a part of a classic that people enjoy. Let it alone. Thank god we have the internet to remember how it use to be.:mickey:

Tekneek
06-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Normally I have a soft spot for WDI, but the person responsible for changing the TTA audio can be shown the door right now.

LauraByTheSea
06-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Not sure if this was already discussed, but since this thread was bumped back up... Mr Morrow is back... Not the origianl spiel, but they page him for sure! I was there last Saturday and heard his name plain as day. Would love if someone else would confirm too...

Mickey91
06-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Not sure if this was already discussed, but since this thread was bumped back up... Mr Morrow is back... Not the origianl spiel, but they page him for sure! I was there last Saturday and heard his name plain as day. Would love if someone else would confirm too...

Thanks for sharing that! We will definitely listen for it in August!! I hope it is there!! :mickey:
I can't believe they have changed the spiel! We heard the new one when they first opened it in Sept. It was a terrible commercial! The spiel was the best part of the ride!!

MNDisney Dad
06-27-2010, 11:04 PM
As I posted on a different thread, Mr. Morrow is alive and well at DHS. Our trip in May turned him up at Star Tours. When you walk through the queue, he is being paged by the Endor Express mock-up with R2-D2 and C3PO. Take a listen next time.:thumbsup:

Tekneek
06-28-2010, 10:59 AM
They've been paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, in Star Tours for years. I remember hearing it back in 2003.

They also page Egroeg Sacul at some point in the pre-show, which is (of course) George Lucas backwards.

tinklover
06-28-2010, 11:08 AM
a friend of mine was just at MK the other day and apparently Mr Morrow has been added back to the TTA audio in space mountain :thumbsup: she said she heard it loud and clear.

lioness8978
06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Oh no!!! :down:
No more "Now arriving Mickey Star Traders..."

LauraByTheSea
06-28-2010, 06:27 PM
a friend of mine was just at MK the other day and apparently Mr Morrow has been added back to the TTA audio in space mountain :thumbsup: she said she heard it loud and clear.

YES! That's what I was talking about... I knew I heard it!

nicjohn3
06-29-2010, 09:32 AM
We were just there last week and my kids get a "kick" out of Mr. Tom Morrow. "He" even came back home with us (My kids use it in conversation).

What a bummer, but just think this will be a new thread in about 2-3 years...Remember when the TTA had,,,, or What ever happened to Mr. Tom Morrow:mickey:

Gibbs
06-29-2010, 02:50 PM
We were there in May. I was never a big fan of the ride, other that it was a great place to catch a power nap :secret:, but my wife was completly bummed. Another attraction that is now commited to memory.

lettripp
08-25-2010, 08:45 PM
I heard the page for Mr. Tom Morrow on the TTA last week! I am so happy the put it back!

mickclub1955
08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
I heard Mr. Tom Morrow last month.:number1: