PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide!

rubato
10-02-2009, 09:09 AM
We are going in January. I've never gotten the dining plan before (not a big eater), so I've only made a few ADRs. This time, we're getting the dining plan, so I want to try some new places. It will be me, hubby and 10 year old son.

Here are my definites:
Crystal Palace (son still loves Pooh and we've eaten here every time)
Garden Grill(we love our characters)
Trails End (hubby's only request even though I don't really like it)
Hoop De Doo(will pay out of pocket to get the good seats

So, that's 3 TS credits. We're doing the 7 for 4 deal. Was I quoted 7 days or 8 days of dining? (I guess I'll ask magical journeys when I talk to them today).

I know we either want to try California Grill or Narcoossees which are 2 credits each. Which one is better? Which one has the chance for better view of fireworks?

Then, for my other credits, here are my options:
Rose and Crown Illuminations chance
Ohana
Boma
Donalds Safari Breakfast
Le Cellier

We can't pick all of these, so I need to narrow it down. What's the most important? We've never eaten at any of them. No clue at all!
Thanks.

SBETigg
10-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh some really good choices! Tough decision time. California Grill or Narcoossee's, they are so close, too close to call. I love them both and they're right at the top of my list. If you're torn, you should consider setting. Do you want the Wow factor? Is fireworks viewing a priority? California Grill brings the wow, with a breathtaking view (even when it's not fireworks, and even if you're on the Bay Lake side- you can sometimes see the higher fireworks of Illuminations and Fantasmic). Or do you want relaxed elegance? A fine dining experience in a less wow, more comfortable setting? You can still see fireworks, just not as great a view with some blockage from the tree fringe. Great food and usually great service at both.

You could pay oop for the breakfast experiences and still have more credits to use for the dinner choices? Just a suggestion. Otherwise, between 'Ohana, Boma, and Le Cellier it is tough to choose. Le Cellier would be the first I would drop, given the choices.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I would pick California Grill for the signature meal and then either LeCellier or RosenCrown

Butterbean
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Just a quick note, Crystal Palace will be closed for refurb beginning January 3 through part of February, so you might want to be prepared to pick something in place of it. I would pick Boma - the food is excellent and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is fantastic to just sight see. For the 2 table service - I would probably choose California Grill because of the fireworks view.

motherof4
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I have been to Cal Grill the view of the fireworks is breath taking and the food is great. I would choose that it is a once in a lifetime experience

rubato
10-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Just a quick note, Crystal Palace will be closed for refurb beginning January 3 through part of February, so you might want to be prepared to pick something in place of it. I would pick Boma - the food is excellent and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is fantastic to just sight see. For the 2 table service - I would probably choose California Grill because of the fireworks view.

Oh no! My son will be so unhappy. Is there anywhere else to see Pooh and friends?