PDA

View Full Version : Parking @ park before check in

ginny57
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I am flying down to the World and a friend is joining me there (driving). I will be at AK 1st thing in the AM - won't have checked in yet...she is meeting me there & then staying with me. I am not planning on checking in till later in the day

My question: I don't want her to have to pay to park. Is the reservation confirm enough? Even if I check in I won't be able to get the parking pass to her.

DisneyPrincess21
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I am flying down to the World and a friend is joining me there (driving). I will be at AK 1st thing in the AM - won't have checked in yet...she is meeting me there & then staying with me. I am not planning on checking in till later in the day

My question: I don't want her to have to pay to park. Is the reservation confirm enough? Even if I check in I won't be able to get the parking pass to her.

I am not 100% sure, My guess would be no. Because at the booths they only ask to see your parking permit, So I am guessing they wouldn't have a whole list of every reservation# for the whole property's hotels. So I think you would have to pay for parking unless you have the parking permit from the resort.
If I am incorrect I am sure someone will come along and give you the correct info. But that is just my guess :wave:

King Triton
10-01-2009, 10:14 PM
My guess would be no as well. I'd be inclined to go ahead and check in at your hotel. More than likely you won't get a room, but you'll get your card key and your parking pass. I think you can check in anytime after 6 AM (I've done it as early as 8:30AM)

seanyred
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
My guess would be no as well. I'd be inclined to go ahead and check in at your hotel. More than likely you won't get a room, but you'll get your card key and your parking pass. I think you can check in anytime after 6 AM (I've done it as early as 8:30AM)

I agree. Just check-in when you get there...I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't. If for some reason you can't I would look into getting reimbursed for the parking after you come back from the parks. Not sure if they do this but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

cfoshe
10-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I know my DW and I have to check in before we can go to the park. We reserve everything thru MJ and have to check in to get our park passes. If you have done the same, you will have to check in so you can get your park pass.

ginny57
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks everyone....I have my pass so I don't need to check in and was hoping I could go straight to the park since my room won't be ready that early anyway.

Oh well....

DizneyRox
10-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone....I have my pass so I don't need to check in and was hoping I could go straight to the park since my room won't be ready that early anyway.

Oh well....
Even if the room won't be ready, you can still check-in. You'll get your room keys (with charging privy's if you want), the parking pass, etc. You can give them your cell number and they will text you your room number when it's ready if you want, that way you won't need to wait in a long line again.

Daisy'sMom
10-04-2009, 11:52 AM
The cell phone calls never came to us last week when we checked in. We had two rooms we were waiting on and finally called them.

Imagineer1981
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I would be willing to say they would let you park for free, especially if you have all your paper work that shows you are staying at the resort and you can just show it to the parking CM. If they say no, then turn around and go to your resort