PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trip Depression?

DisneyFr33k
10-01-2009, 02:06 PM
OK, I know this sounds funny, but the closer to our trip, the more bummed I get because it is almost over! I have been planning and looking forward to the trip for months now. I'm on Intercot everyday and when I am, it brings such a happy feeling. But now the closer we get, I realize I'll be closer to that sad plane ride home. Anyone else get like this? Is there a cure.

TheVBs
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh no. :( That's not good. I haven't ever gotten pre-trip blues, but that could be because I just don't focus that far out. Try to just focus on one single day at a time and put the rest out of your head. Usually this works so well that I'm almost shocked when it's our last day!

DVC2004
10-01-2009, 02:16 PM
The cure? Book another trip as soon as you get back.;)

I haven't experienced it, but I know what you mean. I feel that way about Christmas. All the planning and anticipation and it's over so quickly!

Enjoy though, and be in the present. You will have a great trip and great memories to last a lifetime. Hlaf the fun is getting there, right?

DisneyPrincess21
10-01-2009, 02:19 PM
OK, I know this sounds funny, but the closer to our trip, the more bummed I get because it is almost over! I have been planning and looking forward to the trip for months now. I'm on Intercot everyday and when I am, it brings such a happy feeling. But now the closer we get, I realize I'll be closer to that sad plane ride home. Anyone else get like this? Is there a cure.

I know what you mean! I get a little like that thinking "I have been waiting for my Disney trip and now it is almost here, which means that it is almost over :( "

Don't worry your not alone! :thumbsup:

On my second to last day at WDW I get really sad because I know it is almost over, And I feel like I didn't do enough or enjoy it enough and now it is over. I am going to try to have a blast this year and do everything I want to do and try not to skip anything, because I know i'll regret it later.

:tink:
I Hope you have a magical trip!

barbiegirl314
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I always get like that. You spend so much time and effort on planning your trip, the excitement builds and the anticipation is almost as much fun as the actual trip. Then it's here and you know that in a blnk of an eye that it'll be over. It's like planning a wedding.

What I try to do is to just tell myself to soak in every day and every event going on around me, and then as soon I'm back I'm thinking about the perfect time to go again!:blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I thought I was the only one who did that:blush:

Ms. Mode
10-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Ditto, and I'm not the only one in the family that gets that way. Big Tough DH told me when we were leaving for our trip last August that it was going to be over before I knew it and I would be depressed, guess who was depressed just thinking about it :) I told him I was going to enjoy EVERY minute.

When we got home, I put together a scrapbook of the trip. It really helped the post-trip blues.:thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
10-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Yup. Happens to me every time I go. The day before I leave is the worst. I'm in a real funk until I set foot in Orlando. I guess the only "cure" as previous posters have said, is another trip :woohoo:

micky95
10-01-2009, 04:00 PM
i never get depressed before the trip.but after it 's over i feel a little down.when i'm at disney all i think of is disney.enjoy every minute while your there!my dw and i start a count down 90 days out (72 to go) and mark it on the calendar.heres where we get weird,as soon as we're home we start another count down ,months ,then weeks ,then days.WE LOVE DISNEY!!!

azcavalier
10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
We leave tomorrow, and we've already mentally checked out. My DW, who is a Doctor, is having the hardest time at work today, because she is so ready to leave!!! Poor patients....

The kids are going nuts, too. Every morning when I wake them up for school, the DD9 just rolls over and shows me how many days left with her fingers.

TheVBs
10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
The kids are going nuts, too. Every morning when I wake them up for school, the DD9 just rolls over and shows me how many days left with her fingers.

Love it!

MushuGrl
10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
It's funny..we just can't wait and we're so excited and we think of how much fun the day before or day we leave will be...then it gets here...and not so much! LOL!

I don't get depressed, but really really anxious. I start thinking of everything that could ruin it for me, everything that I think will go wrong, when I should know that in the end, it's darn near impossible for anything to ruin my time at WDW! (Baring, of course, family illness.)

The fear of it not being perfect..it never is, but it always is the best time ever anyways!!!

Then I come home and can't even get on Intercot for a month without wanting to squawl.

DisneyFr33k
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Then I come home and can't even get on Intercot for a month without wanting to squawl.

Me too! That is what happened last year. But ever since I booked this upcoming trip, I've been on Intercot everyday - multiple times a day! And every time I log on, I get this "happy high"!

Laughin' place
10-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Im still in the post-trip funk, and we left on 6/17/08 !! Having another trip to plan is a good cure, cant wait til we can start planning. I love, love the planning phase. The anticipation and excitement is the best. Til then, its intercot every day, podcasts in the car and while doing housework, and live365 during late nights at work. Im also thinking of a "Disney meal" ( where I cook favorites from the parks and resorts) might be a good pick - me - up.
Have a great trip, there are thousands of us stowing away with you in our thoughts, so have fun for us. And bring us back good stories to share, we'll be thinking of you:mickey:

It'sWDW4me
10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
OMG! I thought I was nuts (well, that has actually been confirmed but....) because I do this too!

For months there's the excitement of planning and researching - which park on what day, where to eat, should we see Fantasmic! this year, what haven't we done yet that I'm dying to try....

And then here it comes, the final few days, plans are made, need to pack, excited but you just KNOW that it'll all be over in a blink. What a bummer!

But then I get on the plane and I'm just soooooo happy! Until the last night. Then I could cry again.

My last post-trip funk lasted for 2-3 months especially because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it down there again for quite a while.

amd780
10-02-2009, 06:50 PM
I do this too - in fact, I've been this way ever since I was little! The feeling usually fades once we pass under the gates of WDW, and doesn't come back until our last day in the parks. I was fortunate enough on my last trip not to have to be upset on our last day, because I was pretty sure I would be coming back in January. That's the best feeling! :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I get like this too. We leave in 2 weeks and I know it will be over so soon. Animal Kingdom is always our last day. Ds likes me to tell him our day to day plans all the time, as soon as I mention Animal Kingdom he starts to cry and says he can't talk about it because it is our last day:sad: