PDA

View Full Version : kona- breakfast or supper?

stitchaholic
10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
so this year i would love to eat at kona cafe but i can't decide between eating breakfast there or supper or both.
my kids want to do the best friends breakfast,but i want tonga toast !!!!!! i only have 7 TS's to go around.
what would you do? can i get tonga toast anywhere else?

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-01-2009, 02:48 PM
We loved the breakfast at Kona....I've heard you can get Tonga at Capt. Cook's but I don't know if its as good as Kona's.....

DVC2004
10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
You can get Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's, the counter service at Poly. But I'd still opt for breakfast at Kona over dinner.

tmosier
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
From everything I've read, the choice would have to be Kona for breakfast!

jillluvsdisney
10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Breakfast or dinner would both be very good. This is one of our favorite places at WDW. I really love Kona breakfast because it is one of the few places that is not a buffet/character meal. They have some unique offerings also. In addition to Tonda Toast, the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are awesome too.

deedeebee
10-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Both are good, in the AM there is real coffee:cloud9: For dinner the bread and butter are really good, steaks and best of all desert:thumbsup: We stayed at the Poly in July, the tonga toast was not my favorite, but like others stated you can get that at Capt Cooks. I would do dinner, enjoy:mickey:

mousetrapper
10-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I've only been to Kona Cafe for breakfast. I gotta say, I crave the Tonga Toast!

I was just talking about it to my mom today. I was saying it's sooo good - with the yummy banana filling, thick bread and cinnamon-sugar crust coating the outside...mmmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Whenever I go, I always consider trying the pineapple macadamia pancakes for a change but invariably choose the Tonga Toast.

I'll be at Kona eating Tonga Toast on Nov. 20! :cloud9:

kwhitt3202
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
We are doing both:eat:. We love Kona Cafe. It is a must do for us every trip and I try to get something new each time and have always had great food and great service. My husband got tonga toast at captian cooks and likes it better from Kona or room service.They have some of the best deserts in WDW. There are so many good things about both.

Ransom
10-01-2009, 05:12 PM
I would say their breakfasts are exceptional, while their dinners are very good.

So, if I could only do one, I'd do breakfast at Kona.

MinnieMommie
10-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Kona is good for Breakfast and dinner. We are doing both on our upcoming vacation. You can get Tonga Toast at Captains Cook at the Poly. It is half the price but does not come with the meat. :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
10-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Eat breakfast there, but don't waste the dining plan credits! Pay OOP.