PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare - Should I change?

4boysmom
10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
We leave in 30 days for WDW! We have an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for dinner while we are there. With all the negative things I have been reading about the restaurant lately, I'm wondering if I should cancel and try to get another place for dinner? What are your thoughts? If I decide to change, what would be another good place for dinner? We are already doing Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Hoop de Doo, and Mickeys Backyard BBQ. Thanks for any help you can give me.

kwhitt3202
10-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I am thinkin the same thing. We leave in 59 days

sassy2000
10-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I am a little concerned also. We have ADRs there for our Dec trip. But we are going to try it. I've seen an equal amt of good and bad reviews for this place. My thought is, try everything once. If we don't like it we won't go back.
I will say that on our last trip we had ADR at San Angel and had seen alot of bad reviews on the place but we had a very good experience there. Chef Mickey dinner is another example. I've seen alot of negative comments about the food there but we liked it. It wasn't great but it was good enough to keep us coming back.

tink'72
10-01-2009, 01:46 PM
We eat there each visit and we love it. They have wonderful character interaction and the food has been very good ( in the past anyway).

princessgirls
10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Tough call, I know... maybe until the reviews coming in are more positive, try and get an ADR where the reviews have been consistent and good.

I wasn't able to get an ADR at 1900 Park Place for my December trip. My girls really wanted to eat there.
Now, thankfully it is not an issue. We are eating at the Crystal Palace instead.

Julie:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
We just came back from a 14 day trip. Had dinner at 1900, and it was great! The beef and pork were delicious. The chef was there asking how people were enjoying it. The interaction with the characters was wonderful too...in fact we went back before the end of our trip, and again thought it was great! I would keep the address and try it for yourself. i thought it was the best buffet we had. Much better than Chef Mickey

Goes4FastPass
10-01-2009, 06:05 PM
We liked 1900 Park Fare.

I think Internet opinions including my own are just opinions and I wouldn't expect great or terrible because I read that in a review.

The food at 1900PF was good the last time we were there and the character interaction was terrific.

That having been said let me give you more to worry about. The consensus from eveything I've read adds up to keep 1900 Park Fare and DUMP Mickey's Backyard BBQ!

But really, this is Disney World. If your family goes to 1900PF or MBBBbq and has a great time does it matter if everyone else says they didn't like it?

4boysmom
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I think I'll keep our ADR for 1900 Park Fare and hope for the best. I agree that as long as my family is together in WDW it shouldn't matter whether we have a good or a bad meal. (But secretly hoping for a good one!)

pox24
10-02-2009, 08:25 AM
With all due respect to those giving PF bad reviews, I think they inhaled too much pixie dust. As WDW vets we once again dined there two weeks ago and it was better than ever. Don't change you plans, its the best buffet on property!:thumbsup: