PDA

View Full Version : Lie To Me?

Ian
09-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Any other Lie To Me fans out there?

I'm really excited it's back for a second season. After my Jericho debacle, I had sworn off network T.V. forever, but this show brought me back. I was pleased to see it do so well in the ratings and gain a following.

Cal Lightman is my hero!

SBETigg
09-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I love the show. I think it's a fascinating premise and so well done.

Ian
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
It is ... Tim Roth plays the character just so well, too. He's a great actor.

And actually the supporting cast they assembled is pretty good, too. I love Jennifer Beals as his ex.

TheDuckRocks
09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Did they show it last night? If so I missed it and am not a happy woman.

TheDuckRocks
09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Just went over to Fox online and I can watch it there. I can now calm down. I hate new seasons as I always overlook something that I'd really enjoy seeing.

Tinkerfreak
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
My DD14 and I love this show. I love that she loves it too because we make it a special thing to watch it together. I'm so glad it is back.

Ian
09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Did they show it last night? If so I missed it and am not a happy woman.Monday night, actually.

And it was a good episode!

Disdude
09-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I vowed to stop watching if he didn't fire or deal harshly with Will Loker for the big lie/tip off last season. We're still drawn in though.

IloveDisney71
09-30-2009, 07:58 PM
My DH and I love this show. I was so glad to see it come back this season. :thumbsup:

Mousefever
10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Love it! Almost as much as I love Bones.

Amy

IamBelle
10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
I like this show also, I even find myself watching my family members to see if they are lying!!

TheDuckRocks
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
I like this show also, I even find myself watching my family members to see if they are lying!!

Your not the only one! I even find myself doing it with strangers.

SBETigg
10-18-2009, 11:45 PM
I analyze too. I was really putting my skills to the test with the Balloon Boy family on TV this week.

Mousefever
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Yes, crazy story. They're in big trouble now! You can't get away from the story here in Colorado.

I wonder if all of the information on micro-expressions in the show are accurate. I have no reason to believe they aren't accurate, but I wonder whether all of the techniques are scientifically backed.

Amy

Mickey'sGirl
10-19-2009, 08:18 AM
:hi: We're all fans in our house! We now catch DS11 saying things like "He's lying. Look at his eyes. She's a baddie, check out her smile." So glad it made it back! :thumbsup:

BedknobsandBroomsticks
11-15-2009, 02:11 PM
DH and I love the show. Some of Cal's cockney slang go over my head and I have to rewind and listen two or three times. The episode with his english friend was twice as bad. We are always saying "what the heck did he just say". Did anyone see him in the Hulk remake. I wasn't going to watch it because the first one was so bad!!! But I have to say the second was better. I love the lead in it and Lou Ferrigno had a cameo and there were a couple of other small tie-ins to the t.v. show that I caught. Big Hulk t.v. fan her. Anyway "Cal's" character was the bad guy and he was awesome, so cool. Still didn't like the CGI Hulk but is it was good. Did you all know that he was sexually abused a child and came out publicly about it just recently. That takes guts, especially for a man.

SBETigg
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I loved Tim Roth in Rob Roy (1995), when he played the villain opposite Liam Neeson. But I didn't catch him in The Hulk. He plays a great villain. I think he's an incredible actor. Had no idea about his personal pain. Wow.

Granny Jill A
12-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I love this show and Tim Roth. He's always played the bad guy (he's got that kind of face), and his little swagger when he walks is endearing.

The rest of the cast is great, especially the young lady who plays his daughter. Great ensemble work.