PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick when to watch MK fireworks?

ajpa
09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Some schedule help pretty please?

Which afternoon will the Magic Kingdom have a bigger crowd-- a Saturday (12/12) or a Monday (12/14) with evening extra magic hour?

I'm trying to decide which to pick for watching spectromagic & the fireworks.

Thanks!
aj in PA

P.S. if anyone else has insights into parks to avoid/go to for 12/12 to 12/16 I'd appreciate it!

Imagineer1981
09-30-2009, 11:33 AM
EMH tends to have more crowds, but Saturdays will draw locals. I would personally go with Monday. Crowds shouldn't be bad at all during that part of December

ajpa
09-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks!!!

SBETigg
09-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I would choose Saturday over an EMH Monday. The crowds for EMH are large and Monday is crowded at the MK anyway. If the EMH was for Sunday, then Monday would be a definite go. But if EMH is also on Monday, no way. I would choose Saturday.

ajpa
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
The crowds for EMH are large and Monday is crowded at the MK anyway.

The evening EMH makes it really crowded?

The Sunday before is Mickey's XMas Party -

Hmmm ....

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
The evening EMH makes it really crowded?

The Sunday before is Mickey's XMas Party -

Hmmm ....

Oh yeah! EMH at any park is always busy but especially MK. Resort guests head there to get the extra hours and because it's believed that it will be lighter. Party nights before seem to have no effect on that.

Of the two choices you give I would say Monday night but it's a hard call. Both are busy but are sense is that Saturday night is a bit more crowded.

Ms. Mode
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Monday :thumbsup:

Mickey91
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
First you need to make sure they will have fireworks and spectro on the nights in question. Then, I would pick Saturday. The Saturday crowd was much lighter this last trip than the crowd on Monday. But it varies from week to week so if one works bettr in your schedule, go for it.:mickey:

09-30-2009, 02:52 PM
It really doesn't really matter much what the day crowd is at MK, since for Spectro and Wishes, there is a LOT of crossover from the other parks and many people just come to the MK in the evening that did not come in during the daytime hours.

Just go on the best weather night when you are there, get there fairly early, get a good viewing location and enjoy. Don't try to overanalyze.

Just my $.02