PDA

View Full Version : Silly Q: How would you color code the parks?

ajpa
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
What color do you think goes with each park?
Like for me, Animal Kingdom = Green
I'm color coding our schedule, and I was thinking MK = Red, DHS = Blue, Epcot ... I dunno.
I'm just curious how other people "see" the parks.

(I'm doing our schedule on a spreadsheet, and google docs lets me pick a color automatically based on content, which made me think of color-coding)

Tnx!
aj

It'sWDW4me
09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Animal Kingdom - green (obvious reason)
DHS - red (as in Hollywood's red carpet)
EPCOT - blue (World Showcase/big blue world)
MK - purple (simply because purple's my favorite color) :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
AK = green
DHS = silver (as in silver screen)
EP = blue (for the world showcase)
MK = purple (my fav colour, and a royal colour for the castle)

cer
09-30-2009, 10:42 AM
I have color coded my spread sheet to match the color coding of the calendars on the Disney website.

AK-green
Epcot - silver/gray
MK - purple
DHS - blue

But I like the idea of DHS being red....

KylesMom
09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Animal Kingdom - green (obvious reason)
DHS - red (as in Hollywood's red carpet)
EPCOT - blue (World Showcase/big blue world)
MK - purple (simply because purple's my favorite color)

We use the exact same color code to define which parks have EMHs on our planning calendar! :thumbsup:

ajpa
09-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Where ARE the colored calendars on the disney website? I can't seem to find them?

P.S. question for you purple lovers -- has purple always been your fave color? My 12yo has always loved purple -- I sometimes think she was born loving purple.

SallyMcQueen
09-30-2009, 11:11 AM
AK - Yellow (like a lion)
DHS - Red
Epcot - silver (like the golf ball)
MK - blue (like Cindy's dress)

sassy2000
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Animal Kingdom- green
Magic Kingdom- red
Epcot- blue
HS- silver

Imagineer1981
09-30-2009, 11:32 AM
What color do you think goes with each park?
Like for me, Animal Kingdom = Green
I'm color coding our schedule, and I was thinking MK = Red, DHS = Blue, Epcot ... I dunno.
I'm just curious how other people "see" the parks.

(I'm doing our schedule on a spreadsheet, and google docs lets me pick a color automatically based on content, which made me think of color-coding)

Tnx!
aj

WOW, you do spreadsheets for vacation??? Thats hardcore!

ajpa
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh yeah!
When we go on vaca I get to be the director and everyone else are puppets at my command.
*evil laugh*
:malef:

Dragongirlx
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
AK - Green
DHS - Blue (for the hat)
Epcot - Silver(for spaceship earth)
MK - Purple (because its a royal colour)

BrerGnat
09-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Back in the day, before the WDW buses were "digitized", they used a "colored flag" system.

Does anyone remember what color signified which park/area?

I *think* MK was red flag, Epcot was blue flag, and Downtown Disney was a green flag (or maybe it was Ft. Wilderness/River country that was a green flag?).

This topic made me think of those buses...

Ian
09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Back in the day, before the WDW buses were "digitized", they used a "colored flag" system.They still use that system on the boats that go back and forth from Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary, and WL. I think the colors are red and green.

Anyway ... I have to say, this may be the oddest question I've ever seen on these boards ... but I kinda like it for some strange reason!

MK is red. Bright red ... Ferrari red. :car:

Epcot to me is blue ... I've always found it to be an open, inviting kind of park and that says blue to me.

DHS? Black. Not sure why ... maybe because that's the color of my mood after trying to navigate my way around it's maze of winding pathways!

And I always think of AK as "green."

:mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-30-2009, 12:23 PM

.....really, I thought we were bad, but I do think this one takes the "cake".....whew...:thedolls:

cer
09-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Where ARE the colored calendars on the disney website? I can't seem to find them?

I am not sure, but it is the park calendars that have the hours on them. I'll have to look into it, they may have changed the site.

cer
09-30-2009, 12:42 PM

I can't tell if you are being serious....a lot of us put our Disney Vacation on a spreadsheet. Includes park hours, dining reservations, dining times and confirmation #'s, which parks are open for EMH, parties, flight info....phone numbers. It is truly a critical element of the planning.... :blush:

And I highly recommend it.... :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
09-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Gosh, some of you don't? I can't even imagine.

I have color coded my spread sheet to match the color coding of the calendars on the Disney website.

AK-green
Epcot - silver/gray
MK - purple
DHS - blue

But I like the idea of DHS being red....

I looked at the calendars a couple of days ago and they all just had a white background.:(

My color picks for the shreadsheets and my scrapbooking are:
AK - green
Epcot - blue
DHS - red
MK - purple and pink (princess overload)

Buttercup
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Yep, I'm a spreadsheet nerd too. :mickey:
I stick to the basic colours for mine:
MK - red
EPCOT - blue
DHS - yellow
AK - green

Mickey91
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
No color coding spreadsheets for us. Just a red and purple flexible schedule to guide us through the day so we don't miss ADR's and planned events. It does include confirmation #s just in case we need them. Plus the kids enjoy looking them over on the drive down.

brownie
09-30-2009, 02:00 PM
You could follow the colors used in Birnbaum's official guide:

Magic Kingdom - red
Epcot - purple
Disney's Hollywood Studios - blue
Animal Kingdom - green

Imagineer1981
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I can't tell if you are being serious....a lot of us put our Disney Vacation on a spreadsheet. Includes park hours, dining reservations, dining times and confirmation #'s, which parks are open for EMH, parties, flight info....phone numbers. It is truly a critical element of the planning.... :blush:

And I highly recommend it.... :thumbsup:

Oh no, I am serious. That's a lot of planning. I also have had the luxury of going multiple times and working there, so for us to quote Crush "we just go with the flow". We'll make some ADRs and such but its vacation so I try not to plan anything and just RELAX. I do way too much planning in my day job

Giggy
10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Erm....strange question but oddly enough one i have an answer for. Not a very exciting answer but an answer non-the-less.

Magic Kingdom - RED - an exciting and bright colour. Magic Kingdom is the main park people tend to think, by coincidence they say if you ask people to name a colour 60% will say red.

Epcot - BLUE - another popular colour, though considered to be calmer, more elegant, perhaps even intellectual.

Disney Hollywood Studios - YELLOW - not sure if this is simply because out of red, blue, yellow and green this is the one left over. In which case conveniently I always have the colours in my mind in that order, possibly as that was the order for players in Micro Machines 2 on the Sega Genesis (I'm weird) and the other parks fit into this order chronologically with the colours i gave them. An answer that makes me look more sane would be the association of gold with showbiz, awards, ect.

Animal Kingdom - GREEN - because green is considered the colour of nature, this is the park associated with nature and wildlife.

I am suddenly aware i have been using the British spelling of color. To my credit though I did remember to use the American name for the Sega Genesis, over here it's called the Sega Megadrive. :blush:

DisneyFr33k
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Magic Kingdom - Blue
Animal Kingdom - Brown (bark of the tree)
Epcot - White (for futuristic white suits)
Hollywood Studios - I don't have a color associated with that one - strange!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-01-2009, 02:38 PM
AK-Green
Epcot-Red
MK-Pink
Hollywood Studios-Blue

Tigerinvestigator
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
This is without a doubt the strangest post I have ever seen on Intercot (and thats saying something). Therefore I must answer the question.

MK- Blue
Epcot-Yellow
MGM-Red
AK-Green

Don't ask me to explain myself because I have no idea why I color coded them that color.....actually I have no idea why we are color coding them at all!:thumbsup:

beksy
10-01-2009, 07:18 PM
MK: Teal (favorite park so favorite color)
Epcot: Blue (I like all of the fountains so think of water)
AK: Green (obvious reasons)
DHS: red (red carpet)

Lakin
10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
MK: Blue
EPCOT: Yellow
DHS: Red
AK: Green
DT: Purple
BB: White
TL: Grey

cer
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh no, I am serious. That's a lot of planning. I also have had the luxury of going multiple times and working there, so for us to quote Crush "we just go with the flow". We'll make some ADRs and such but its vacation so I try not to plan anything and just RELAX. I do way too much planning in my day job

Well, yeah if you are going multiple times and work there, there would be no need. And don't get me wrong, I am not a park commando traveller (not that there's anything wrong with being a park commando traveller), BUT there is some planning to be done.

For us, which park are we going to on what day? You don't want to waste a whole lot of time travelling to destinations, so you think about things like, "better to eat at a monorail resort on the day we go to MK..." or "Let's eat in Epcot on the Epcot day...." or " Do we want to see Fantasmic this time, if so let's try to go on a day that it will be performed...." Then Disney throws in EMH and that changes daily....just a lot to think about and it is easier to see it all on one piece of paper....

We are just attempting (in vain) to see as much as we can, picking up things we missed before....we've been going annually since 2006 and STILL have never seen Devine or walked the trails at AK or the Woman who does the candy art in Japan, I am also looking forward to seeing the Pixar light do its little dance at DHS, or do the sketches with the artist at DHS, would love to get a pic with the Singing in the Rain umbrella on the Streets of America....maybe next time...

g8rgirl29
10-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I too do a color coded spreadsheet for our Disney Vacation every year. And yes, I laminate it, punch a hole in it and hang it from the stroller with a carbiner!!! They are working on a support group for us. At the will call window this year they passed mine around making many comments about how great it was!! It was pretty funny!! But to your original question:
MK
EPCOT
DHS
AK
BB
TL

It'sWDW4me
10-02-2009, 02:06 PM
P.S. question for you purple lovers -- has purple always been your fave color? My 12yo has always loved purple -- I sometimes think she was born loving purple.

Yeah, purple's been my absolute favorite since forever. I remember (many, many moons ago :secret:) having a purple star-shaped pillow thing with metallic streamers shooting off of the 4 lower points and a hook for hanging it from the upper point. I LOVED that thing! LOL