PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown

Bethis26fan
09-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Do they have tartar sauce to go with their fish? Also could you tell me some of your favorite things to eat there for dinner. This is a first for us this trip.

Strmchsr
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Yep. Definitely have tarter sauce. I really enjoy Rose & Crown. It's a must eat for us. Usually when I go for dinner I get the steak and fish then do the fish & chips counter service at some other point.

SBETigg
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I like the bangers and mash, though last time I had it, it wasn't as good as the time before. Still good, though. The potato-leek soup is delicious.

wire0monkey
09-30-2009, 12:10 PM
The cheese plate appetizer is fantastic. It's as good as the one at the California Grill.

I had the chicken breast entree a few weeks ago and it was very good.

Bethis26fan
09-30-2009, 12:48 PM
One more question, Does the fish have bones in it?

SBETigg
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I've never had bones in my fish at Rose & Crown.

brownie
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
My favorite has always been the cottage pie. The last time we were there it was still available as part of a sample dish (although they were nice enough to make my sampler dish up with only samples of cottage pie!)

joonyer
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Don't go to Rose & Crown without trying the stewed mushrooms appetizer; they are Fabulous!

DVC2004
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Oooh I love R&C. We tried it for the first time in April and loved it! The potato and leek soup is great- so velvety and smooth. You cannot believe how good it is. I had the chickedn breast served with bread pudding which was savory like Thanksgiving stuffing. I think DH had fish and chips, and my son went with the shepherd's pie which he loved too. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our waiter was great. An added treat is catching Illuminations there too!

Bethis26fan
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Don't go to Rose & Crown without trying the stewed mushrooms appetizer; they are Fabulous!

lol I can promise I will not try this. I'm allergic to mushrooms. :blush:

MistressGracey
10-01-2009, 08:10 AM
We just had our first experience at Rose & Crown a week ago today. We really enjoyed it for the most part!

DH, DS and I ordered the Surf and Turf meal. It came with a nice sized, well cooked steak with a tasty gravy, DELICIOUS mashed potatoes, a crispy piece of (boneless) fried fish, a veggie that tasted like broccoli but looked a little different, and a Yorkshire pudding. With this we also received a basket of hot bread with butter to share. All of this was very good.

However, my oldest DS ordered a pork dish that the menu said came with a potato cake, spiced apples, and pork. What the menu didn't say is that this dish is served with all those piled on top of one another! IMO, the spiced (VERY spiced-almost hot!) apples were terrible ladled over a fried potato cake. He ended up removing his pork chops (tasty) and sharing my steak, fish, and Yorshire pudding and leaving the heap of potato/apple mixture untouched. Thankfully, the portions here were generous, so he and I both got full.

Dessert for us was sticky toffee pudding, and it was terrific! Though, it wasn't a pudding in the American sense...more like a little cake with sauce. Scrumptious!:mickey:

Hope this helps!

Bethis26fan
10-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Great review, Thanks :)

MNNHFLTX
10-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I had the chickedn breast served with bread pudding which was savory like Thanksgiving stuffing. Yes, the marinated chicken breast and garlic bread pudding is delicious. :tasty:

mousetrapper
10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
We'll be eating dinner there for the first time our next trip in November. So good to hear the tips about what's good and not so good! Thanks so much.

My two DDs are vegetarians but it sounds like they'll have options - cheese tray, mushrooms, bread pudding... and the sticky toffee pudding, of course!

Can't wait.

bruin1344
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
i am not sure if they still have it but a lamb dish marinaded in guinness

DisneyFr33k
10-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Fish and Chips for the kids and hubbie, I had the herb roasted lamb and it literally melted in my mouth. They had thin slices of lamb drizzled in BBQ, presented so nicely on the plate I almost didn't want to eat it! Also, unlike a lot of Disney's meals, it wasn't a massive portion - just right to leave room for dessert.