PDA

View Full Version : Live Dining Report- 9/29

Hammer
09-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Lunch- Biergarten

I've eaten here before but this was Cheryl's first time there. One of the few buffets I enjoy, but then again I'm German. Everything was tasty. The fresh pork was nice and moist. The hunter sauce for the schnitzel was delicious. Love the bavarian cheesecake as well. Like the pretzel bread here better than Le Cellier.

Dinner- Citricos

We had eaten here 9 years ago and while the food was delicious, we had very rude service
and I had hesitated to return. But, I believe in giving a restaurant a second chance and see how it went. I am happy to say that we had wonderful service and the food was excellent. It is now back in the rotation!

Appetizers-

Gateau of Crab- Large portion of deliciously sweet crabmeat flavored with an orange-fennel cream. Excellent!

Arancini- risotto with italian sausage with white truffle aioli. Very good, but would have been better with a bit more white truffle oil.

Entrees-
Coho Salmon- served with sauteed brussel sprouts. Cheryl loved this meal. She's asleep, but I'll see if she'll give a more detailed review in the morning ;) !

Grilled halibut with red wine risotto. The risotto accented the flavor of the halibut. No complaints!

Dessert-

We both had the tiramisu. Very large portion (both of us did not finish it). Was very good, but we were just full!

badkitty
09-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Yummy! :eat: Thanks for the report!

SBETigg
09-30-2009, 09:36 AM
I really like Citricos. So glad you had a better visit this time!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Biergarten is one of our favourites! Although, last time we were there, DD was in a strange mood and would only eat mac & cheese and a couple of sasauges...go figure!

Maleficent's Dad
10-05-2009, 07:37 PM
While also German in heritage, I'm not a huge fan of Biergarten - glad it was good for you!

Good to read the review of Citrico's. Haven't been there in a while... May need to return this year!