PDA

View Full Version : Living with the land rehab

r4kids
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Is the rehab still on? I can't find any info on the Disney website. I love the little boat ride!

vicster
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
We were there 9/11 - 9/18 and it was still closed.

Santuitman
09-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Still closed on the 23rd as well

Figment!
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
From Tidbits September 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162010)
Living with Larger Capacity

9/28/09 Attraction Cast have been informed that Living with the Land has been re-scheduled to open from refurbishment almost one month earlier than originally announced. The attraction, located inside Epcot’s Land pavilion, has been now been schedule to re-open from refurbishment October 4, 2009.

dumbo_buddy
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
oh good! we just booked our trip for january (first time with our baby who will be 7mos at the time!!) and i was wondering if it would be opened by then. i love the ride and it is definitely something you can bring a little one on!

SBETigg
09-29-2009, 04:31 PM
It amazes me that they finished it so far ahead of schedule. Wow.

chuckd3
09-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know what was changed?

doombuggygal
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I think they were just making some parts of the track wider to accomidate wider boats.

ransam
09-29-2009, 06:55 PM
you know i went on that a few years ago and it was good, but not something that blew me away...I am actually though excited to go on it again this year....

Rekenna
09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Yay!!! So glad it will be open now when we are there. I really like this attraction. We will be there Oct 25-30 and when I found out Living with the Land was going to be closed I was bummed (especially after finding out that Splash Mtn-DS10's favorite will also be closed). What great news!!!

Polynesian Dweller
09-29-2009, 07:00 PM
It amazes me that they finished it so far ahead of schedule. Wow.

Me too! That's pretty unusual. We'll be there in a couple of weeks and thought we were going to miss it.

azcavalier
09-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Yay!!! So glad it will be open now when we are there. I really like this attraction. We will be there Oct 25-30 and when I found out Living with the Land was going to be closed I was bummed (especially after finding out that Splash Mtn-DS10's favorite will also be closed). What great news!!!

Excuse me? Splash Mountain will be closed? I haven't heard that. I know that SPACE Mountain is closed, but not Splash Mountain.

Rekenna
09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Excuse me? Splash Mountain will be closed? I haven't heard that. I know that SPACE Mountain is closed, but not Splash Mountain.

Sorry-your'e right it is Space Mtn that will be closed while we are there. I was excited about LwtL being open and typed a faux pas. Please forgive me!

mousetrapper
09-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow! Earlier re-opening than expected...

Here's hoping that happens with Space Mountain too!!

;)

r4kids
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
One of my favorites!! I am so glad it will be open :) We leave tomorrow morning for 9 fabulous days!!!!!

threeh
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know what was changed?

I read that they made the boats bigger so more people could go on each boat and they had to change the route a bit to accomidate these bigger boats. Wherever I read this (swiss cheese brain) they didn't seem to think the story line would be affected.
I am going the end of the month so I'll post unless someone else does first. Happy Planning!!!:mickey:

Laughin' place
10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
For all you Land lovers, I highly recommend the Behind the Seeds tour. Its very reasonably priced, and was informative, entertaining, and a great behind the scenes experience

threeh
10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
For all you Land lovers,

Land lovers, that's funny!!! Thanks for the tip!!

Laughin' place
10-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Glad you thought so, watched all 3 "Pirate" movies last week, and still in the groove.
My wife loves gardening and such, and Behind the Seeds was a GREAT time for her (and a happy hubby):pirate:

garymacd
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
For all you Land lovers, I highly recommend the Behind the Seeds tour. Its very reasonably priced, and was informative, entertaining, and a great behind the scenes experience

We just got back after a surprise trip and found Living with the Land still closed. On our last day, Saturday, they had the construction walls removed and the boats in place and ready to go. I asked if they needed anyone to do a test ride and was told no. Darn.

When we first went there last Tuesday the walls were still up so we took the Behind the Seeds tour. It was a first for us and really enjoyed it. Our tour guide told us that the ride upgrade was done but they ran into a problem with the new boats. They didn't fit the ride. Guess someone didn't measure twice and cut once.

He also said the old boats were put back in the ride until the new boats were refitted and ready to go and the ride should be open tomorrow, October 5.

PharmD
10-06-2009, 09:51 AM
We are here and I didn't notice this post before we left. We were riding soaring last night after the day at Animal Kingdom and noticed people getting off of the ride. We will be riding it today. I am so jazzed :muscles: as this is one of my favorite rides. Stay tuned next week as I will be posting our trip reports.