PDA

View Full Version : Accomadations close together

tinkman
09-29-2009, 07:07 AM
In Jan 09, my DW & I, mom & neice rented pts from our DVC friends for 2 studios at SS for Oct 09 (arriving 10/11). Then, DW & I purchased a resale DVC in March 09 of our own. Using our pts we reserved 2 more studios at SS for my two sons in one room, and SIL & BIL in the other room. Confused yet? SIL & BIL are arriving one day earlier than the rest of us. So, we have 4 studios at SS reserved under two different DVC memberships. When we made the reservations, I mentioned all this to MS the CM said that they would try to get all of us in the same vicinity. Finally, my question is this: We can check in online this week, should I call MS and request again that we be put in the same area, or should we simply wait to check in when we arrive and ask nicely if they can accomadate us? I know there is no guarantee that this will happen, I'm just confused as to the best way ask for this request.

dlpmikki
09-29-2009, 08:08 AM
It is probably worth ringing member services just to make sure that the request for all 4 studios to be near each other is in place. It would not be a bad idea for SiL and BiL to ask again when they arrive as they are getting there first. The CM may see on the system where the rooms are going to be even if he is not allowed to divulge the actual room numbers.

Hope it works out for you as you could be a long way apart at SSR if they get it wrong!

MinnieMommie
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
:congrats: on your purchase and ...
:welcome: Home

I have found the staff at SSR to be accommodating with room requests. When you check in let them know again what you want and let them know you are willing to wait for it. You may have to wait a bit to get what you are asking but it will be worth the wait.

GreenBeetle
10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I also found the staff at SSR to be very helpful with 2 requests I made for our party of 15 a few years back. I reserved a 2-bedroom villa and 3 studios. I requested they be close together AND near a bus stop for health reasons. The honored both requests.

I'm sure it depends on how full they are, but I'd like to believe they do their best for you.

P.S. If it makes you feel any better, our trip was in October then too. ;)