PDA

View Full Version : How Is Dinner At The Crystal Palace?

DisneyPrincess21
09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I was just able to book dinner at the crystal palace for our first night at WDW during MVMCP. I have never eaten there before, I am a little afraid of some of the different foods "non American foods" I am not really an adventurous eater, but I really don't want to eat a hamburger on my first night in WDW. It was the only dinner ADR I could find that night, so I figured I better go ahead and book it.

So, How is The Crystal Palace? Did you like the food? How is the atmosphere, seating etc? Can adults eat off of the "poohs corner" section? What foods/desserts would you suggest trying and or skipping?
Any info would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

stitchaholic
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
there is alot of traditional food there such as roasted chicken,corn bread stuffing,salmon,lots of veggie dishes,it is a buffet,so you can eat whatever is there.
there is always a big assortment of deserts,my kids loved the sunday bar, i loved the bailey's bread pudding.

Belster
09-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Not to be nagative but...TERRIBLE! We do not like it at CP at all. Terrible service, terrible food, dirty bathrooms and restaurant experience. I NEVER complain about anything at Disney but the CP.

stitchaholic
09-29-2009, 07:11 AM
I am torn on this one, 2 years ago we ate dinner there and everything was fresh,the character interaction was great,as was the service.
last year the food did not mesure up,we felt rushed by the wait staff to give up our table,and we had to get a handler after waiting over an hour to see eyore (he is our favorite).

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2009, 08:37 AM
We ate there in December and the food is good, solid buffet fare...I can't remember anything exotic on the buffet and yes you can eat off Pooh's Corner....the character interaction was good too...this a decent meal but not really anything special.....:twocents:

momofdisneyprincess
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I actually love this place. It is so funny how people's opinions of the same places can vary. Anyway, we first tried it 3 years ago during free dining. It is the only restaurant we go back to every year and pay OOP for. This is my DD's favorite. They do a little parade with Pooh and friends and all the children. This place can be LOUD but oh so much fun. I find the buffet one of the best on property. Yes, adults can definitely eat from the children's selections. Try the mac & cheese. It is really good. Go hungry. There is so much yummy food from the salad station to the entrees to the desserts. They have unbelievable desserts and ice cream machines where you can make your own sundaes. My family really loves this place and hope you will too. :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
09-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Another vote for HORRIBLE! We ate there once and that was one time too many. We arrived and were seated 1 hour past our ADR. The host was grumpy. Once seated, it took 15 minutes before our waiter showed up with water (we were so thirsty, we had to ask another server for refills after that). The food was average. Nothing memorable at all. I'd do Tony's or Liberty Tree or even go to the Polynesian at eat at Kona or O'hana. Even though O'hana is popular, Kona has really, really good food.

Good luck!

PETE FROM NYC
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
DW and I had dinner there a few weeks ago.No complaints.We had a good waiter named Vincent.He kept our glasses full, including my water ,I drink lots of water.
I would not call anything on the menu outstanding but we enjoyed what we ate.
And, considering that we had no kids with us, the characters experience was very good.Plus this was the only place in MK where I could ask for and get REAL BUTTER, not that lousy margarine blend of chemicals.

mudpuppysmom
09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
I would not go as far as to say horrible, but eyh....for dinner that is. We enjoy breakfast though!

Dinner when we have eaten there has been nothing spectacular --- the characters have been rushed through, the plates never cleared from our table and glasses empty -- the food was just eyh.

Breakfast is the exact 180! Fresh, hot food, character interaction is great with ALL the kids and glasses never empty and plates cleared as you finish them.

Maybe it's just been who we have had taking care of us, but we don't do dinner there anymore.

Disney4us2
09-30-2009, 08:16 PM
We ate there the first night of our first visit to WDW (2005) At that time everything was good. Don't know if there have been any changes since then. The service and the character interaction were good. We left stuffed and happy. The only character that didn't come to our table was Piglet. After talking to a CM, we waited near the lobby area and Piglet came to meet us.

I would go back again, thinking about it for our next trip. Everyone will have their own unique experiences from horrible to fantastic. Mine was a good experience.