PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs - First Time

IloveDisney71
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I just booked a room only deal at Coronado Springs for December. I don't know anything about this resort. It was the only moderate resort that was available.

What tips do you have for my stay there?

I'm so excited to be planning this trip. I haven't been to Disney since December 2007 - it's been too long!

stitchaholic
09-28-2009, 10:54 PM
the grounds at CSR are large,it is beautiful to walk around,over the bridges,lay in the hammocks, or handg out at the digsite pool/slide, or at the hottub with a frozen beverage from the poolside bar,they make great ones there!
i am not a fan of the pepper market,but i loved cafe rix for breakfast, they have real brewed coffee there and the most delicious quiche and pastries and gelato.
there are 4 busstops there,so there is bound to be one close to your building,and the busses were never crowded,we always had a seat.
but the very best part,is the 2 queen size beds in the very spacious rooms.
have a great stay!

buzz2001
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
CSR is a great resort. The newly renovated rooms offer queen beds and a 42" flat panel TV.

The PM is a love or hate spot but I love the food, portions and choices. It has recently undergone some changes but still has enough to please.

Dakota Rose
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm glad the OP posted this. I too am looking for feedback on CSR. I only stopped by once to see it briefly the month or two after it opened and don't remember anything.

What do CSR-lovers like about it? How does it compare to say CBR?

ThanxForNoticin
09-29-2009, 09:31 PM
CSR is a terrific place to stay - one of our favorites. Beautiful grounds and a very nice pool. We are definitely in the 'love' column for the Pepper Market - great food, fresh, and a good selection. It's definitely a step up from most food courts. Enjoy your stay. You made a good choice.

Live4WDW
09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
:mickey: Enjoy! DW and I stayed there this past August. Loved the pool, and the quiet pools. BIG, Huge resort property!! Bring your walkin shoes! And it is a pleasant walk also. The dining options were good also, had dinner and breakfast at the maya grill, dinner a little pricey, but we were on the deluxe DDP. Rooms were great, air stayed on nice cool rooms, with a ceiling fan also. Did I say the rooms were great and cool too. I'm sorry the heat had gotten to me there (in August, really?). Mousekeeping was excellent too, as were all the cast members that we met. A little remodeling going on of course, but we were on vacation, and we did not see it much. Could'nt with all the sweat in my eyes! LOL! DW and I are going back this coming feb 2010 to take advantage of the buy 4 get 3 free, like to try another resort, but can't help thinking about CSR.. Enjoy.

buzz2001
09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm glad the OP posted this. I too am looking for feedback on CSR. I only stopped by once to see it briefly the month or two after it opened and don't remember anything.

What do CSR-lovers like about it? How does it compare to say CBR?CBR and CSR are some what similar. Both are large resort just with different themes. CSR has queen beds, flat panel tv's and newly remodeled rooms with new furniture. CSR only has 4 bus stops and is centrally located with short rides to the parks.

CBR has full size beds, larger rooms, two sinks, 7 bus stops and newly redone rooms but I believe they used the same furniture. CBR has a new pool as well.

c&d
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Another nice thing, CSR does not share it's buses with any other resort. In the past it has had some of the best bus stops at the parks.

I also love walking around the resort and night at, you can also see the fireworks while walking around. It also has a health club and spa which none of the other moderates have. The new rooms are really nice.

We'll be back in April and I can't wait.

ajpa
09-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Yay! i'm glad to hear such good things about it. We are staying there for the first time this December.
I was wondering if all the rooms have queen beds? (That's the reason I picked it but I don't know if I should have specifically requested 2 queen beds)

IloveDisney71
09-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the information that all of you have posted so far!

AJPA - When I booked this past week-end, I was told that most of the rooms had queen size beds but that he would specifically request that on my reservation. My DH is a large guy so a double bed is a tight squeeze. :D

I'm excited by all of the positive comments. I've stayed at CBR and loved it. The size there didn't bother me so I don't think the size at CSR will bother me. I enjoy walking and I know at Disney I'll be doing a lot of walking anyway.

buzz2001
09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Yay! i'm glad to hear such good things about it. We are staying there for the first time this December.
I was wondering if all the rooms have queen beds? (That's the reason I picked it but I don't know if I should have specifically requested 2 queen beds)All rooms either have two queen beds or 1 king bed. The renovations are complete.

bruin1344
10-02-2009, 01:18 PM
CSR is very nice resort.

I like the southwest theme, 2 queens beds, no over crowded buses, and quieter than a value resort.

AllDisney
10-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Enjoyed the CSR when we stayed there. The resort grounds are beautiful. Great place to walk around at nite (if you have the energy):mickey: We liked the Pepper Market too!

Next trip coming up Dec 5 -12 :number1::number1: we are returned to CBR. This has always been my DH's favorite. We are looking forward to returning.

You will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

Giselle
10-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm also going to stay at CSR for the first time in 34 days!! I'm looking forward to the bus ride, pool, and newly remodeled rooms. Also i've heard good things about the restaurants. I hope it is cool enough to have fun at the parks, yet warm enough to swim.

darthmacho
10-04-2009, 03:39 PM
My only advice is to explore. Spend time at the resort and soak in the atmosphere and decor. The grounds may be big, but that makes for better evening walks. Enjoy it all. Eat at the food court, Maya Grill, and have a rink in the lounge. If you swim, you should love the pool.

If you eat at Maya Grill, go around sunset and ask for a window seat. You shouldn't be disappointed, especially if it is a clear night. The resort is beautiful at night.

:mickey: