PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Pool at Boardwalk Inn

queenmom9497
09-28-2009, 08:45 PM
:confused:Has anyone ever stayed at BWI by the quiet pool behind the ESPN club? We are wondering if it's easy to get around-back to the lobby or can you get around behind the ESPN club to the Boardwalk area sidewalk? We are trying to decide where to "request" a room when we reserve for next June. Not a fan of clowns so not thrilled with the Luna pool...altho the bar there is nice....

CanadianWDWFan
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
We stayed in the Inn side back in 2006. In fact it was this stay at the Boardwalk that made us choose to buy into DVC at BWV, but I digress.

There is no access to the ESPN area, but you can get back to the lobby fairly quickly through the large doors (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10566431@N04/959894881/in/set-72157601117224937/) at the top of the staircase. This is a short walk from the quiet pool. From the picture I posted, the quiet pool is more or less to my back. You need to walk around the wing to get to the pool. It would take less than 5 minutes to get back to the lobby.

Maleficent_vf
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
We've been by the quiet pool our last two stays. Our last stay we had the next o last room in the corridor. It is very quiet...very pretty and peaceful in the morning (at least in January and March). But it seems like a very long walk from the lobby to your room after you've spent a day in the parks. It is nice to be relatively secluded. Noise from the ESPN Club and the Boardwalk in general doesn't seem to filter back there, but overall, I'd preferred our rooms that were on upper floors facing Epcot. Another sort of drawback is that your "porch" is actually the sidewalk that fellow guests may use to walk around the area whereas on upper floors no one else has access to your "porch"(and your room) from outside.

There is the access to the lobby from the quiet pool, but I don't think you can access your room from the pool (if the French doors aren't unlocked from the inside). Does anyone else know for sure? :confused:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-28-2009, 11:23 PM
We love the BWI. We have stayed on the Epcot side and the Water side as well. We love being able to hear the friendship boats horn go off through out our stay.
Denise is deathly afraid of clowns. They freak her out. But, she really likes the pool! It is a friendly,sweet pool.
The quiet pool is very peaceful and we enjoy it on each trip. We usually have it all to ourselves.
We hope you have a wonderful time at the BWI. It is our "home away from home"!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

jillluvsdisney
09-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I used that pool more than the main one when I stayed there in 2001. I loved it and it has it's own hot tub also.:thumbsup: