PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon vs. Boma?

hope23
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
After a fun-filled day at MK, we're trying to decide what would be best for dinner with DS 4 and DS 5? We have to leave MK for MVMCP... would you head over to Whispering Canyon Cafe, or take a bus to dinner at Boma? I've heard good things about both, but haven't been there... thoughts?

SBETigg
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I've only been to Boma. I love Boma. Great soups, so much new to try. But given the age of the kids, I would think Whispering Canyon might be more fun. They're both good choices. Lots to see at AKL and lots of fun for kids at WL.

ThanxForNoticin
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Both places are very good and both are fun for the kids. You'll get a bit more interaction with the waitstaff at WC - they'll have fun with your boys. Boma has great service, but it's not the entertainment they have at WC. All that said, we enjoy the food at Boma much better.

Either choice would be good - you'll enjoy both places. Have fun!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Whispering Canyon is one our family favourites! It is a very kid-friendly place, so I would go there intead of Boma. We liked Boma OK, enjoyed the food, but we'd go back to WCC before Boma anytime.

There are activities to keep the kids entertained, food is very kid-friendly, and it isn't a buffet, which might be nice at the end of the day, you can sit and have your food brought to you.

Wishmaker
09-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Whispering Canyon is a Must do, your kiddos will love it.

I believe
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
without question...Whispering Canyon!

DisneyFr33k
09-29-2009, 01:37 PM
We've eaten at both and unlike the previous posts, we hands down prefer Boma. WC was crowded not only in the number of people, but the tables were so close we were elbow to elbow with other tables. The entertainment was lacking for us (nothing really happened to anyone) and the food was average. We love Animal Kingdom Lodge - walking around and seeing the animals. The food is spectacular at Boma. Authentic African cuisine with ample American options for picky eaters.

If we were to chose between the two, it wouldn't even be close. Boma all the way.

MNNHFLTX
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
For fun activities for the kids, I would pick Whispering Canyon. For quality and variety of food, I would pick Boma.

jonahbear2006
09-29-2009, 02:53 PM
i would pick boma bc we have never had trouble getting seated right away and we can have a quiet dinner there. I wouldnt like the noisy noisy of wcc, so we have never eaten there. I will always choose somewhere that is quiet from now on.

Damon18
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
For fun activities for the kids, I would pick Whispering Canyon. For quality and variety of food, I would pick Boma.

I agree completely with this.

tired 'ol trooper
10-29-2009, 02:04 PM
WC... all the way. And, get on the broomstick!

:beer: