PDA

View Full Version : Whats's new since 2007?

ajpa
09-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi! The last time we were in WDW was Jan 2007.
So LAST WEEK hubby says let's go to WDW this December (!) -- (thanks goodness for magical journeys!) We have a tentative booking for Dec 12-17 for us 2 adults & 2 girls (ages 8 & 12).

So now I am wondering if there are any new/updated not to be missed attractions since we last went there?

Thanks!!!!
aj in PA

CanadianWDWFan
09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
One that JUMPS to mind is Toy Story Mania at the Studios. Also Space Mountain has been down for a pretty lengthy rehab and it is scheduled to open the end of November.

KylesMom
09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi AJ! I'll mention a few things that are probably new to EPCOT since your last visit:

Spaceship Earth in Epcot has gone through a major reconstruction, and the "O Canada" movie was updated with new narration by Martin Short. The "Gran Fiesta Tour" in Mexico was updated (prominently featuring Donald Duck), and the American Adventure Gallery now features American artifacts on loan of historical nature (really cool if there are history buffs in your family). They've also added "Kim Possible Adventures" around World Showcase where you carry a Kimmunicator to solve missions with Kim's cohorts. My DS, who is 11, really enjoyed his time at EPCOT this past June! :mickey:

ajpa
09-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks!

I don't think we went on Space Mtn last time (maybe it was closed?).

The Kim Possible adventure sounds just up my kids' alley! Do you have to sign up in advance for this?

Toy Story Mania looks like fun! I love rides where you get to shoot at stuff.:gangster:

aj in PA

KylesMom
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
The Kim Possible adventure sounds just up my kids' alley! Do you have to sign up in advance for this?
Yes, there is a designated sign-up in the walkway between Future World and World Showcase. Once you "sign up", you'll be given a time to return to a specific pavilion to get your Kimmunicator and start your adventure. We had a good time with it! :mickey:

JPooh
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
They also updated the Hall Of Presidents. They totally change the video presentation which I thought was good, because it went more into the history of the Presidents as oppose to general American History and part of President Lincoln giving the Getty'sburg address is wonderful.

grwoolf
09-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Haunted Mansion had a great rehab with lots of changes. I'm pretty sure that was done since 2007, but not positive.

LVT
09-30-2009, 06:29 PM
EPCOT- China pavilion had an awesome exhibit on the clay army. I hope it is still there.

BluewaterBrad
09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi AJ! I'll mention a few things that are probably new to EPCOT since your last visit:

Spaceship Earth in Epcot has gone through a major reconstruction, and the "O Canada" movie was updated with new narration by Martin Short. The "Gran Fiesta Tour" in Mexico was updated (prominently featuring Donald Duck), and the American Adventure Gallery now features American artifacts on loan of historical nature (really cool if there are history buffs in your family). They've also added "Kim Possible Adventures" around World Showcase where you carry a Kimmunicator to solve missions with Kim's cohorts. My DS, who is 11, really enjoyed his time at EPCOT this past June! :mickey:

EPCOT Rocks!!!:mickey:

vws_and_disney
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Toy Story Mania is definetly a must do

mousetrapper
10-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Didn't Expedition: Everest open later in 2007? I thought it was relatively new when we last went in November 2007...?

tesslor
10-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Didn't Expedition: Everest open later in 2007? I thought it was relatively new when we last went in November 2007...?

It was open when we went in December 2006.

EPCOT84
10-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Haunted Mansion had a great rehab with lots of changes. I'm pretty sure that was done since 2007, but not positive.

September 2007. It re-opened right during my last trip there. I didn't know it was re-opening but I went to MK that very day and heard I missed out on some cool giveaway pins by just a few hours!