PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror changes

jenperich
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
My sister had mentioned to me just this week that some changes had been made to Tower of Terror. I'm not sure where she got that information, but I was wondering if there was any truth to it. Does anyone know if changes have been made? Just curious, thanks!!

MCeee
09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
We rode it a number of times last week and didn't notice any changes... of course everything that happens once you're in "the shaft" is all random (number of drops, etc.) It was different every time we rode in that sense, but beyond that, the same as when we last went 2 years ago.
Maybe if she was a bit more specific...
Anyway, hope this helps.

EJS-Houston
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
She may just have been registering the fact that the computer randomization ensures that no 2 rides are exactly alike.

Imagineer1981
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Depending when the last time she rode it, they updated the ride to be random. You could either go up or down when the ride first starts and they updated some of the effects, but this was years ago already

grumpyguy
09-29-2009, 06:57 AM
i hope they haven't changed anything (except making it a longer ride:blush:)!!!!!

jonahbear2006
09-29-2009, 02:40 PM
i believe they changed it too. during the drop there is a lot more interaction now. there didnt use to be these projected images that show on the wall before it drops. there was even a few of the drops where we thought it was done and then it continued to drop.

jenperich
09-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Hmm...curious. Well I will find out in 9 more days. :-)

MidnTPK
09-29-2009, 04:30 PM
there was even a few of the drops where we thought it was done and then it continued to drop.
This was my exprience last week. Both times I rode there seemed to be a suprise launch or drop at the very end.

Buttercup
09-29-2009, 05:50 PM
i believe they changed it too. during the drop there is a lot more interaction now. there didnt use to be these projected images that show on the wall before it drops. there was even a few of the drops where we thought it was done and then it continued to drop.
It has been this way for a few years now. Each ride is completely random so some people might see those projected images, while other times they won't. Same thing with the "false" endings where you think it's over but it's not. It's the 4th version of the ride now - like I say, it's been like this for a few years now so maybe in previous years you just had a different ride sequence than what you experienced recently!

mousetrapper
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Yes, I've experienced the ride with those "additions" too - the projected images, the "false" ending, etc.

Our group is one that just keeps riding over and over again whenever possible, so we get to experience the various versions!

One of my favorite rides ever. :thumbsup: