PDA

View Full Version : I am about to cry :(

d_m_n_n
09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I have always taken pride in the fact that I am not a pack rat, but I think it has gotten the best of me. My mom gave me a Cinderella book she used to read to me as a child. I came across it not long ago and contemplated taking it to the Goodwill, but decided not to. It was perfectly weathered, but definitely "loved." Now I'm afraid it may have jumped into the box anyway. I can't find it anywhere! I was wanting to take it to 1900 PF to use it as my autograph book... :cry:

tinklover
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
can you call the Goodwill and ask if they infact recieved the book? if so you can ask for it back and let them know it was not supposed to be in ther eor you can even offer to pay for it back.

BluewaterBrad
09-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Here is a BIG wish that you find it!!:mickey:

TheVBs
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
:( Sorry! I hope you find it. I know that feeling well. Start cleaning, organizing or looking for something else - that's when I usually come across things I've lost, even when I know I've looked there!

momofdisneyprincess
09-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Did you donate it to a goodwill store? Maybe youc an go back there and purchase it back??

d_m_n_n
09-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Hopefully things are looking brighter! I called the Goodwill store and told them of my problem. They stated they have two very large containers of books that have not been processed yet. The lady I spoke with said she would make a note of the book and keep it posted in the back. Now I just hope some caring, sentimental person will see the note and find my book. :) I'm supposed to check back in a week or two... :fingers:

momofdisneyprincess
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know how you make out.

lighteningqueen
09-29-2009, 01:42 PM
This is so sad. I do these things and then dwell on it the rest of my life. But did you know that the place where you donated it is not the place it stays. They ship them out to other outlets in other towns. Have you ever noticed that when you gave a bunch of stuff away that you never see them in your store.. This is what we have been told time and time again from store employs. I so hope you get it back. Ask them if this is there policy? I also would not wait for a week or so It will be gone by then. I would go up there and see if they will let you go thru them. Tell them it is very centimental...