PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania lines?

MickeyMousse
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Have the lines for Toy Story Mania died down at all? We're going to be there in November and I was hoping we'd be able to ride it more than once this trip!

wire0monkey
09-27-2009, 10:09 PM
They're shorter, but still sort of crazy.

We were there on the last Sunday in August. We arrived at park opening. There was a 10 minute line for fast passes. The return time on the FP that I picked up ASAP after park opening was 12:30.

The stand-by times were longer than 60 minutes.

cather74
09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
You can do it twice I'm sure. A little pixie dust always works. (That and a fast pass strategically placed during the day. ;) )

E-Ticket4
09-28-2009, 07:10 AM
We were there last week and they have died down a bit, but we were also there at a slower time. Fastpass return when we got them around 1pm was 5-6pm. Stand by was still 60 min or more. We were walking by in the late afternoon and it said 30 min so we got in line - well that turned into about a 60 min wait. My feet were not happy.

seanyred
09-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Does the ride have a single rider line at WDW? I went on the ride at DL last summer with my DW and we were able to beat the long line buy using the single rider. And lucky for us we ended up together anyway.

Melanie
09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Does the ride have a single rider line at WDW? I went on the ride at DL last summer with my DW and we were able to beat the long line buy using the single rider. And lucky for us we ended up together anyway.

No single rider at WDW.

MistressGracey
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
We went to DHS twice during our trip (we just returned Saturday) and were able to ride Toy Story both days....the first time we went in the evening and the stand by time said 50 minutes. We queue'd up and were riding in 25. The second day we went there first thing in the AM at opening, and the line was literally out the door, so we got a Fastpass that had a return time about an hour away.:thumbsup:

MCeee
09-28-2009, 02:17 PM
We were there last Monday... fast passes were all gone by noon, so we waited in stand-by for aprox. 45-55 min. It's a cute ride, but we all (9 of us) agreed that is was not worth that expenditure of time. The nice thing was that it was brutally hot outside and 90% of the wait was inside. whew!

KODABEAR
09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
WE were there Sept 13th-18th. Lines were longer in the morning, not bad in the afternoon.:mickey:

Melanie
09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
The nice thing was that it was brutally hot outside and 90% of the wait was inside. whew!

And it's such an interesting, fun queue!

magicofdisney
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
On Thursday, September 24, around 3:00p, the wait time said 50min. An hour and 15min later we were on the ride.

Normally I would NOT wait more than 20min but this was the only reason we went to HS that day and my 4yo was willing to wait. It's his favorite ride there.

MickeyMousse
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
I am guessing that this is going to be a hit or miss for us. We don't spend alot of time in DHS anymore so I guess we'll have to just see what happens when we get there. Thanks!

chrisb26
09-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I went on last weekend and it was a Fantasmic night so we went to the first Fantasmic and then ran over to Toy Story Mania the line had a posted 45 minute wait and we flew though half the line in about 10 minutes but then all the fast pass people showed up after that we waited an additional 30 minutes. Which made me pretty mad and basically proved to me that Fastpass for Toy Story Mania was not necessary and only made the line longer for everybody else.

BMan62
09-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Last week, around mid-day, the posted wait was 40 minutes. If it wasn't for them putting 20 FastPasses for every 2 StandBy riders, it would have gone much more quickly.

Off-Topic: Soarin' was just as bad -- they actually had us wait until FP riders who were just entering the queue got there.

MidnTPK
09-29-2009, 04:45 PM
TSMM has made DHS a very unpleasant place to go to at park opening, particularly on Fantasmic or EMH days. We were there for rope drop on Friday (9/25, which was a two Fantasmic showing day) and the stampede to Pixar Place was crazy.

Then there's the enormous line for FPs that stretches down to The Little Mermaid that is very intimidating (though only 10-15 minutes long). By that time I got to the machines at 9:20 or so, return time was 11:30 AM

Contrast that with our visit on Wednesday (9/24 with no Fantasmic or EMHs), where I strolled up to the FP machines (with no line) at 9:30 for a 10:30 return time.

mousetrapper
09-29-2009, 06:08 PM
OK...could someone tell my what Toy Story Mania is? Must be a new ride since we were there in 2007...or I'm really clueless!

Is it primarily for younger kids? We have two DDs 18 & 15 and all of us love Toy Story. Would we enjoy the ride?

Thanks!

javamama
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
We were there in April/May and arrived around 10/11am waited around 35-45minutes not that bad since the lines were so fun(the kids enjoyed them). We did grab fastpasses they were for a 2/3pm return at that point so not horrible IMO

BrerGnat
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I think Fastpass was a bad idea for this ride at WDW.

The DL version does NOT have fastpass. Lines are rarely in excess of 30 minutes...

They have Single Rider at DL, and it is really useful!

I don't really understand why they felt it necessary to institute a FP line at the WDW version. :confused: When we were there in April, the standby wait time was 60 min. We got in line. It took almost 90 min. A good portion of that was because people just kept coming in the FP line and we'd just have to wait longer.

They should take away FP and the lines will die down DRASTICALLY.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
OK...could someone tell my what Toy Story Mania is? Must be a new ride since we were there in 2007...or I'm really clueless!

Is it primarily for younger kids? We have two DDs 18 & 15 and all of us love Toy Story. Would we enjoy the ride?

Thanks!

It is a 3D shooting gallery type ride I went on it with DD21 and we had a great time. IMHO it is better then Buzz Light Year, but I still like Buzz Light Year. Any how now that I have ridden it I won't wait 60 to 90 minutes to ride again. It is fastpass or nothing. However you may feel differently. :mickey:

Phantod
10-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Just got back. We were at DHS on 9/22, and wandered in about 10:30 or so. Got a FP for 2:30, but the standby line was only 20 minutes, so we did it then, and again around 3. I agree with the comments about them clearing the FP line before letting in any standby persons.

We were back on 9/25 to see Fantasmic for the late show and the queue was 60 minutes, FPs long sold out, so we did it one more time. Love the ride but oh what a wait.

rachel_future_candy_maker
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Noooo Way!!! we went to tsm last november and people were lined up just to get fast passes-the cast members had to work the machines to "speed" things up! even when you go to your designated fast pass time, there is usually a 10-20 min. line anyway...but it it WAY worth the wait!!!

:old::ccat:

mindyjoh
10-04-2009, 05:37 PM
When we were there this last week, they ran out of FP's for the whole day by 11am. Get there early even to get a FP.

Disney Doll
10-05-2009, 07:01 AM
We were there Friday. DH went to get fastpasses immediately after rope drop and our FP return time was 10:50-11:50. Fastpasses were gone by 11:30. Standby lines were about an hour or more all day.