PDA

View Full Version : Steakhouse 55

Ed
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
There are times when I am glad I listened to a CM when I ask for suggestions.

We stayed at the DLH for a few days, and the first morning I asked Josh at the Bell Services desk for a recommendation of where we could get a good breakfast. He suggested Steakhouse 55. He should get a medal! :thumbsup:

We found the restaurant to be very stylishly decorated without being "over the top", with music softly playing in the background. Around the main dining area are numerous pictures of celebrities from the 1940's and 1950's including Mr. Walter Elias Disney.

Our server appeared almost instantly, and offered to explain the menu if we had any questions. She knew her stuff, and was not at all bashful about offering suggestions.

DW ordered a stack of pancakes, topped with Bananas Foster. I ordered French Toast with home fries, bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs.

Neither of us was prepared for the enormous portions of perfectly prepared and presented food! DW's pancakes consisted of 6 or 7 large cakes, with the banana topping delivered on the side. The topping was just right - - not too sweet or gooey. Mine had two large slices of French Toast, 2 sausage links, 2 slices of bacon, and a pile of the most delicious home fries I've had in many years. Neither of us could finish our meals, even though we thought we were famished! :tasty:

The meal was good enough that we returned for dinner. Again, the service was quick and very professional. DW's filet mignon and my prime rib were prepared just right, our adult beverages :marg: were generous and well mixed, and the overall experience earned a double :thumbsup::thumbsup:

One guess where we had breakfast the next morning? :D

Steakhouse 55 is a bit on the expensive side, but we found the combination of good food well prepared and presented, excellent service, and a quiet, tastefully decorated environment make this restaurant a "must do" for any future visits.

Melanie
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Love Granville's....errr, I mean Steakhouse 55. :D Wonderful breakfast! Been there on many occasions. The photographs on the walls there of old Hollywood elite can't be beat!

tinkwest
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I think the cost of their breakfast compares with just about any sit down restaurant. It is my favorite breakfast place at the Resort.

NotaGeek
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
You hit my absolute favorite breakfast! And, as my friends know, the bacon at Granville's (I hate the name Steakhouse 55) is a force to be reckoned with.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Love Granvilles too.
Haven't eaten there since becoming a Californian yet.
Something I must do.

-Hollywood Scooter :smickey:

Marla
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
One of my favorites as well.:thumbsup::tink:

MegaDisney
10-29-2009, 05:57 PM
:thumbsup: