PDA

View Full Version : AARRGH frustration!

luvDaMouse
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, I called MS again today to try to see if there were any 2br at AKV available for my 10-29 to 11-2 vacation. I am waitlisted for a 1br at AKV and BLT for that time. My reservation is for 2 studios at SSR. A CM told me that there was a SV for thurs ST View for Fri and Sat and SV for Sunday. I was going to go for it! BUT.... they have to cancel my 1st resvation at SSR to free up points then go in and book the indv rooms ( would have to be 3 seperate resv) and since there are about 250 people in the system they could push the button on those rooms FIRST and then they could be gone! And to top it off now there are no studios available at SSR so it would put me on a waitlist for those rooms!!! so I would be gambling my vacation by doing this and could end up with NOTHING! AAAAAHHHH:mad: so I couldnt take that chance and left my original 2 SSR studios alone and will have to take a chance with the waitlist. :( lesson learned.. I had know Idea that they couldnt reserve or hold the rooms first BEFORE they canceled my other reservation.
Sorry for the rant... I feel better now and I will be happy to just be at Disney with my family:blush: Thanks for listening
Dana

VWL Mom
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
That is frustrating! I wonder if it had to do with needing 3 sep ressies. I was under the impression their system used more than one screen.

In August I had a similar situation (but only 1 room). She gave me the cancellation number and said she had to back in and "finish" the new reservation and then gave me the new number. I just assumed she had held the space in another screen since that's how it was done many years ago when I worked in travel.

Don't give up hope, you still have time. :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
09-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Well, I called MS again today to try to see if there were any 2br at AKV available for my 10-29 to 11-2 vacation. I am waitlisted for a 1br at AKV and BLT for that time. My reservation is for 2 studios at SSR. A CM told me that there was a SV for thurs ST View for Fri and Sat and SV for Sunday. I was going to go for it! BUT.... they have to cancel my 1st resvation at SSR to free up points then go in and book the indv rooms ( would have to be 3 seperate resv) and since there are about 250 people in the system they could push the button on those rooms FIRST and then they could be gone! And to top it off now there are no studios available at SSR so it would put me on a waitlist for those rooms!!! so I would be gambling my vacation by doing this and could end up with NOTHING! AAAAAHHHH:mad: so I couldnt take that chance and left my original 2 SSR studios alone and will have to take a chance with the waitlist. :( lesson learned.. I had know Idea that they couldnt reserve or hold the rooms first BEFORE they canceled my other reservation.
Sorry for the rant... I feel better now and I will be happy to just be at Disney with my family:blush: Thanks for listening
Dana

you just can't play with any dvc reservations this close when you are traveling the month of october....not with the halloween shennanigans and the food and wine festival....

We booked at 9:05 last year...7 months out...at old key west for a trip last october....and went on the waitlist at 3 different locations for 4 nights at that very moment....

no movement....not one bit....at all...

it's just too busy a time to do anything involving waitlists, room changes, etc.

Ian
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
This seems to be another area where either A. Disney's technology is sub-standard or B. you just happened to draw the short straw with the CM you got on the other end of the phone.

I actually ran into a similar situation at OKW a couple years ago. We had added the Deluxe DDP to our reservation when we made it, but at check-in there was no DDP listed. I assumed it would be a simple thing to just add it on there, but the CM said we'd have to cancel our reservation and re-book it and, since there were people waitlisted for 2 bedrooms as soon as she cancelled the reservation we'd lose the room.

Naturally I didn't take that answer very well, but she was adamant that she wasn't going to do it until I traipsed out to my car and came back in, brandishing my confirmation letter that clearly showed we had booked the DDDP.

Then she got all huffy, made a big show of stalking off to get a manager, who came and finally sorted things out.

Although they often blame "the computer", I'm fairly certain if you have a helpful CM on the other end of the phone anything is possible.

laprana
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
I agree with Ian, I think a lot of it depends on the CM you get when you call MS.

I also was in a similar situation this past June. We had booked our upcoming December trip at our home resort, AKV, for a 1-bedroom at the 11-month mark. We decided in June that we wanted to switch to a 2-bedroom, if there was one available at any of the resorts. So, I called MS and the CM told me there was a 2-bedroom available at SSR for our dates. Perfect! I asked her to go ahead and switch it for us, and she said, "I just have to cancel your Kidani reservation and then I can book the 2-bedroom." That made me a little nervous, but I didn't really think it would be a big ordeal. Well, I was wrong.

After the CM canceled the 1-bedroom at Kidani, she said, "Oh, the 2-bedroom is gone now. What do you want me to do?" :eek: I was like "WHAT? It was available 30 seconds ago!!" I was freaking out. I told her that I wanted our 1-bedroom at Kidani back, and she said it was already gone, too. I was really freaking out. :jaw: The CM on the other hand, was really nonchalant about the whole thing, like she couldn't care less and had no interest at all in helping me or finding another room. I ended up booking a studio at SSR, just so we would have something and then asked for her supervisor. Within 5 minutes, the supervisor found a 2-bedroom at SSR, made the reservation, and all was well (except for my nerves!). She said it was a "glitch in the system" that made it look like there were no 2-bedrooms available at SSR. At that point, I didn't care what the reason was, I was just relieved to have the reservation! :whew: