PDA

View Full Version : Question about splash mountain

Kathy Jetson
09-27-2009, 12:38 AM
This will be first year ds can go on splash mountain and i have never ridden because I'm scared of the drop but I told ds if he will I will. So my question is do they have someplace for people to put thier backpacks, purses and cameras or does everyone just take them on the ride?

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2009, 12:53 AM
1) Just take them on the ride, and stuff them between your knees. *
2) No ride-lockers like at Universal.
3) Except, of course, for Kali.

* if in the front seat, your can stuff them between your legs.

Kathy Jetson
09-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Thankyou:mickey:

ransam
09-27-2009, 02:12 AM
take a small baggie, stick it in your pocket, and you can slide the camera easily into it.

DisneyFr33k
09-27-2009, 07:45 AM
We've done two things to keep ourselves and stuff dry. We pack a couple of hand towels in our backpack and as we step onto the log ride, we wipe the seat down as it is very wet. We've also worn rain ponchos or at least wrapped our backpack in it to keep dry. Remember to remove any non-water resistant watches too!

#1donaldfan
09-27-2009, 08:22 AM
....sorry no lockers....there is plenty of room at your feet for the average size backpacks, and most backpacks provide enough protection for camera's n such from the amount of water you may encounter on this ride !!:mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-27-2009, 08:57 AM
As previously posted take a baggie or 2 depending on what you have to protect. Also it depends on who is in the log with you as to how wet you get. I will tell you that I am a plus size person and 4 plus size adults in the log get wetter then 4 thin adults or 4 kids. DD and love to make this the last ride of the night (late night) because we almost always get 4 adults :coaster: in the log and get really soaked :crazy: :jaw:.:mickey:

sisterdisco
09-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Get a plastic bag from the gift shop and put your purse/camera in it.
There are a couple of spots where water is shot at you and the person on the right gets most wet.
I ALWAYS sit on the left to stay semi dry!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I(Di), was very scared about riding this too! My Precious niece Emma talked me into riding it w/her and her Momma. It wasn't anywhere near as scary as I thought! We rode it 3 times in a row!!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Kathy Jetson
09-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone! I like the idea about getting a large plastic bag to put the backpack and purse in:mickey:

faline
09-27-2009, 05:32 PM
We carry a large (gallon size) zip lock bag with us and place any camera in danger of a soaking in that before we board.

kbean
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
The splash isn't that bad. You never get soaked, it's impossible. Only thing is you may catch a wave that rolls over the side of the log and soaks one leg. It's a great ride, have fun

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
For the big drop, I just close my eyes and it's over before you know it. You are really going to enjoy this ride! It took me a long time before I'd go on it and now it's my favorite ride.

KylesMom
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
As mentioned, there is plenty of room near your feet to keep items secure - and somewhat dry.

There are two different spots within the attraction that can really get you wet. If the water cannon is timed right when you're going around the briar patch, you can get totally swamped - I mean soaked-through & dripping wet-type swamped. I try to warn people if it looks like our log is going to get it, as I've seen too many people with their cameras out caught unaware & they've gotten them trashed.

As well, if you're in the front row going down the final drop and the weight distribution is just right, the front riders can get soaked. In the summertime, DS always wants to ride in the front to get at least some relief from the heat! While it's not "Kali River Rapids" soaked, you can get awfully soggy! We always carry zip-loc bags in the camera bag & sling bag to ensure our valuables stay dry. You'll have a great time on Splash Mountain - the theming is superb! :mickey: