PDA

View Full Version : Grrr - 1900 Park Fare!

GottaLvDisney
09-26-2009, 03:07 PM
We're on our way home from another wonderful WDW vacation, but our last dinner got off to a bad start.

We had ADRs for 1900 Park Fare last night at 7:35p. We checked in at 7:29 and weren't seated until 8:30p! Apparently they were just having an off night b/c they had a long line of complaining patrons, all waiting 40min or longer. When they finally took us in, they sat us in the very back room, right in front of a door that led to the restroom - it was like a revolving door! We let them know we were less than happy, and fortunately the manager was on the ball and got us a better table in the main room They threw in the little Tink drinks for all the girls, which they loved.

After all the hassle, we did enjoy ourselves, but with kids who were a bit crabby.

Unfortunatley, this wasn't our only long wait experience this trip - Chef Mickey's & the BBB both had us waiting 40+ minutes for our scheduled appts. So I'm curious - the only one we've done before is BBB - is this normal for these two restaurants or just a fluke?

Tinkerfreak
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM
My daughters have done BBB several times and had to wait for a long time to get in every time. They would sign in and then wait for over 30 minutes before they were taken in. I think it was because they were trying to squeeze in walk-ups and it was putting them way behind. Last year after seeing the long line just to sign in my DD decided she didn't even want to do it. I went to the podium and asked if we could just cancel without a penalty and the girl said "Oh thank goodness yes you can". I think she was relieved to have a cancellation.

faline
09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
We ate at 1900 Park Faire last year for the first time. We had quite a long wait beyond our reservation time before we were seated. It was, I think, our longest wait of the trip.

JohnnyNovo
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
We have done many of the character dinings and 1900 Park Fare is the WORST. Some people that have good tables can enjoy the show and eat adequate food. Most people are seated late, shoved in the wings, and still only eat adequate food. Its not worth the wait or money. Its the only resteraunt I have ever written a complaint about. Akerhaus, Chef Mickey, and Crystal Palace are far superior resteraunts for character dining. The decor is even drab. Sorry, this touched a nerve.

jonahbear2006
09-29-2009, 02:50 PM
we sat at the same exact table. we didnt have a crowd running in and out however it was very bad placement to enjoy the characters and once they came down that hallwayk we were stuck in there till they left. we were very grrrr at this place.

statrai
09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
We were at 1900 Park Faire at the end of August. We had an 8:15pm reservation. We got there at 8pm and were told to wait as our table was not ready. By 8:30 our daughters were getting tired and we asked for an update but our table was not available. After 10 minutes they decided to give us a different table. We were almost the last ones to leave that night at almost 10pm. Doubt we will go there again.

javamama
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Last May we got right in at our resie time, we had no problems it may have taken 7 minutes at most which to me is on time. Sorry about the problem.

kwhitt3202
09-30-2009, 06:17 PM
We have 5:10 reservations the day we get there.I this one of the early times? Would we have a long wait ?

JohnnyNovo
09-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I believe they open at 4:30.

Belle_0717
09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
We have done many of the character dinings and 1900 Park Fare is the WORST. Some people that have good tables can enjoy the show and eat adequate food. Most people are seated late, shoved in the wings, and still only eat adequate food. Its not worth the wait or money. Its the only resteraunt I have ever written a complaint about. Akerhaus, Chef Mickey, and Crystal Palace are far superior resteraunts for character dining. The decor is even drab. Sorry, this touched a nerve.

I agree with JohnnyNovo. BTW - we thought we were the only ones who disliked the experience.

As Disney adult "kids" we went for breakfast - an early seating and it was nothing compared to Akerhaus, CM or CP. The character interaction with the "live" characters STUNK in comparison to the costumed characters - Tigger and Pooh spent the most time with us. Akerhaus was fabulous for us. Heading to CM this trip as well. CP is still a favorite - holding out till next trip.