PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! In a battery bind @ WDW

Kbeauty63
09-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I am currently @ WDW and 1 camera battery is dead & backup is only @ 1/2 strength. Couldn't find charger before I left home ... and I still have 4 days left on my vacation. Any one know where I could charge the dead one(canon LP-E5)?
Thanks in advance

Karen

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Wow... not sure if this will help. But, I wonder if you can go to your front desk and ask them to call over to HS and see if the camera shop there may have one you can use. It is the only thing I can think of. I am sure someone else will come along who will know more. Just trying to help w/what we can. We feel for you! Good luck!!! And tell Mickey we will see him soon!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

John
09-26-2009, 09:38 AM
There are tons of camera stores around the WDW area - in kissimmee. If you have access to a car, I'd check the yellow pages and make a few phone calls.

You might even check canon's site searching the zip code for lake buena vista, florida (32830) for nearby dealers.

I would imagine just about any of them would have the ability to charge or have a charger for the Canon Digital Rebel XS & XSi Digital SLR Camera.

John
09-26-2009, 09:45 AM
The kissimmee best buy appears to have the charger... and in stock - and it charges two batteries at once - sweet.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8942987&st=canon+battery+charger&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1215217300724

Altair
09-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Until you can find a charger, turn off the LCD monitor and go to manual focus. This will help increase the battery life.:mickey:

Wayne
09-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Just a thought, at one time the Camera Shop on Main Street used to let you charge batteries there (I think). Couldn't hurt to ask.

Kbeauty63
09-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. The 1/2 charge battery has held so far (for Wishes & the dessert party AND the rain last night!!). Have ordered & will pick up the charger today (and it was on sale!)

Again, thanks for all the tips

Karen
:mickey:

p.s. They can only charge batteries of you have the charger @ guest services (that's where they sent me from the camera shop in Hollywood Studios)

John
09-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. The 1/2 charge battery has held so far (for Wishes & the dessert party AND the rain last night!!). Have ordered & will pick up the charger today (and it was on sale!)

Again, thanks for all the tips

Karen
:mickey:

p.s. They can only charge batteries of you have the charger @ guest services (that's where they sent me from the camera shop in Hollywood Studios)

Cool - looked nice. I have the digital rebel and was thinking of picking up one for myself!

Kbeauty63
09-27-2009, 04:18 PM
John -

If you can find one - get it. After driving to the bb @ Millenia mall I found out the were discontinued - and couldn't find the one for the order I placed & paid for!

So, keep up the good thoughts that the battery holds until Wed morning!

Karen