PDA

View Full Version : Too Mush To Do!

coneygoil
09-25-2009, 09:53 AM
My family and I go to WDW at least once or twice a year for several years now. Even with going so frequently, there's still so much that we want to do and don't always get to do it.

For our trip coming up in 3 DAYS!!! I have so much planned for us to do:

-one night we have the MNSSHP
-do the Food and Wine Festival this time (instead of just walking by the venders)
-go major resort hopping, which we haven't done in a while
-do Typhoon Lagoon (haven't done in years)
-maybe Fantasia Golf

...and of course going to all four parks! We'll be there four whole days, which is never enough time to do everything we want.

Does anyone else get overwhelmed by having so much you want to do at WDW? I'd love to be able to go about five times a year and catch everything! Oh, if that were possible :envy:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Yep, and we've decided next trip will be more laid back and relaxing....be careful not to overplan yourself

DebbieFr
09-25-2009, 10:41 AM
We are leaving in two weeks and have three whole weeks in disney:cloud9:
Still not enough:blush:

ChipDale2708
09-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes indeed! We leave on Wednesday for six days. This trip however, I am determined to take it easy and just relax. We'll do our faves and a few new things but not drive ourselves crazy trying to do it all. My biggest goal is to get on Toy Story in DHS. Last year the lines were impossible. Hopefully we'll hit it just right this time. :D

EJS-Houston
09-25-2009, 11:18 AM
I agree with the other responders...relax and don't worry about what you don't get to. You come back often enough and you'll eventually fit it all in, and not getting to everything in one trip means you'll always have more new things to look forward to for the next trip (with all the refurbishing and new attractions going up).

DNS
09-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Just try to do your priorities first. Then work in the rest as you are able. The more we go, the more I find that it is easier to take the time away from the parks to do other things there. Or even behind the scenes tours in the parks. One reason we love Disney so much and keep going back is that there IS so much to do.

Gusgus
09-25-2009, 12:46 PM
The more often you go. The more new things you do. The more things you want to do on your next visit. It gets to be impossible. The #2 advice I give people after "get to the parks early" is "Don't try to do everything. You can't. Instead have your goal be to fill your day with fun".

Although I give this advice, I still don't always follow it. When I don't we start rushing around and everyone starts getting tired and cranky. So there we are doing the things we want to do but everyone is cranky. In my opinion it's much better to pick a few highlights depending on your length of stay and fill your day with fun rather than trying to get all 4 parks, water parks, DDT, DQ, show X, blah blah blah all done before your trip ends.

Gusgus

seanyred
09-25-2009, 01:12 PM
I agree I always want to do more than I have time too. I"m already freting over Golf, I've never golfed at the Palms or Magnolia and I will have an oppurtinity to do so with my father but then I feel it takes away from the parks.

But at the same time I feel very fortunate that I go about once a year and have these options. Versus a family who will only do the trip once.

However If I won the lottery I'd spend at least six months straight down there so I could do everything.

Imagineer1981
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
4 days for all of that...ya you definitely have a lot to do. You probably should try and extend :mickey:

alex61821
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
We are leaving in two weeks and have three whole weeks in disney:cloud9:
Still not enough:blush:

I am available for adoption :fingers:

TheVBs
09-27-2009, 10:52 AM
We've spent 10 days on our last two trips, and we still don't get everything in.

I make a list of what we'd like to do and prioritize old favorites with new experiences. You have to go in knowing that you're not going to get everything in or you'll be rushed and frustrated while you're there and leave disappointed.

MongoMil
09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
The only things I have planned are my ADRs. :chef:Oh and golf on Thanksgiving morning.:golf: Other than that just go and hope for the best.

SBETigg
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I could spend two days in World Showcase alone.