PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a proud momma....

VWL Mom
09-25-2009, 07:54 AM
DS17 has been recruited and committed for baseball to his top choice school. :thumbsup:

Just a little background, this kid eat, sleeps, & breathes baseball. He has never really had a summer vacation because he chose to play BB. It's more than a game, it's a passion for him.

Anyway, NCAA allows coaches to contact you after July 1 between your jr & sr year. So, on July 1st he waited and waited and waited for the call. August 10th we left for WDW, still no call. Our second day at WDW, guess what, the call came! Talk about the magic of Disney.:mickey:

Fast forward, we visited the school last week and he loved everything about it. It is such a perfect fit. Well, he committed! I'm so happy for him. (DH is happy for his checkbook :D) A dream come true for my baby, I'm so proud.

gauvin4
09-25-2009, 08:56 AM
:congrats: You should be a proud Momma!! Congrats to both you and your son. That is awesome!

LittleRoosMommy
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
:congrats: You should be very proud!!!

BigRedDad
09-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Congratulations...now, c'mon, tell us waht school he committed to?

Melanie
09-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Awesome!!!! :baseball:

bucky at disney
09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
:congrats: I am so happy for you and your son.

I'm hoping to be in the same position you're in - in about 3 years! My son also eats, sleeps and breathes baseball.

Ms. Mode
09-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations!

My DH went to school on a baseball scholarship (many many years ago :) ) and he has wonderful memories and a trophy that still bring a smile to his face.