PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP candy

mshomeschoolmom
09-23-2009, 04:14 PM
We are going to MNSSHP Oct. 8. We went last year around the same time and got a great mixture of good candy with lots of chocolate. What kind of candy are they giving this year?

Mickey91
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
The same. We didn't get as much chocolate this time ( I think it just depends on when you go through each line as they refill with different stuff each time they run low in the buckets) and some of the candy is kind of hard - like the Peppermint Patties and caramels. But there were plenty taffies, tootsie rolls, smarties, M&Ms etc.:mickey: Have fun!

beksy
09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Good to know--I love chocolate!

CanadianWDWFan
09-23-2009, 07:57 PM
We have some left overs so here they are!

Tootsie rolls of various sizes, Rocket, Sassy Sours, Raisins, Mary Janes, Mini Snickers, Mini Three Musketteers, Mini Twizlers, various sizes of lolly pops, M&M's, Mini Butterfingers, Mini O'Henrys. Sorry but this is all we have left over. There was more but, well, they are no longer with us!:D

PrincessJadesMom
09-23-2009, 07:58 PM
We went to the party last year and hardly got any chocolate. The candy we got was kind of wet and sticky like it was sitting in moisture for some reason (yuck). We ended up throwing most of it away.:sad: We still loved the party though, and we're going again next October.:mpumpkin:

DNS
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
We went in 2007 and didn't get much chocolate at all. Most candy was either the chewy kind or hard candies.

tinksmom02
09-25-2009, 10:46 AM
We got TONS of candy at last week's party! Not that much chocolate (but I think it would melt in the heat anyway), but we did have a couple Almond Joys, Peppermint Patties, Reese's PB cups, Crunch...there may have been more but DH has been digging through the candy bucket.

Let's see, I'm looking through the bucket now...

Skittles
M&Ms
Tootsie rolls and pops
Dots
smarties
nerds, laffy taffy, bottle caps, now and laters
raisins
starbursts,
Twizzlers,
Whoppers
and some random candies by Atkinson's called Chik-o-sticks and PB bars :confused:

Gusgus
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
We went on September 4th and the chocolate was sparce. To me it seems over the years the chocolate treats have gotten fewer and fewer every year. The whole family has been commenting on it the past few years.

Gusgus

seanyred
09-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Do they still give away giant candy bars at the end of the night when you leave the main gate.?

garthbarth1
09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Sadly, no. We were at the party last night (good thing it wasnt tonight because it POURED starting around 8:45). When we were exiting, I looked for the cast members handing out the bigger sized treats. Two years ago they had large buckets with full sized Kissables. Last year was the large Ghiradelli bars. This year there were four cast members that I saw, handing out the regular candy given at the treat trails (wearing the same orange bags they wear at the parade) Nothing different. We exited toward the left toward the busses and there were only two cast members there handing out candy at that exit. If you didnt know to look for them, you would have walked right past them. Also, they did not have the people dressed as cards this year-there were wooden card cutouts instead. As far as the candy goes, when I get home I will list all the types we collected. Chocolates were fewer than last year, but still a good variety of brands. (Snickers, M&M, Crunch Bars) Seemed like there were less treat stops, but I could be wrong. They moved some of the locations, so that may have been it? Lots of people dressed up too!
ETA: Off the candy subject, there is a special photo pass for the Halloween party. However, we had to ask for it. This one is good for 40% off your Halloween pics only. When we went to get our photo by the HM, they asked for our photo pass, I then asked for the special Halloween one. May have only been this particular photographer, but they werent offering up the discounted ones unless you asked!

DisneyHoneymooners
09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
We were at the party on 9/22 and there was a pretty good variety of candy. As stated earlier, not alot of chocolate but it was so hot and humid that too much would have been a disaster. It was all kind of mushy but we stuck the bags in the fridge when we got back to our room and by morning it was all good! My DH was looking everywhere for the nice older CM gentleman who handed out the Ghiradelli chocolates by the fistful last year.

Erin C.
09-29-2009, 12:31 PM
My sister and I were there on 9/25 and got lots and lots of smarties and taffy and one bag of M&M's!!! I would have skipped the trick or treating but she was having a ball doing it...she hasn't trick or treated in 40 years!!!

Joy2theworld
10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Thursday night we came home with probably 4-5 lbs. of candy each. The amount they give you in Toon Town is incredible. I had a mix in my bag of chocolate (twix, nestle crunch, pb cups, etc..) and lots of other candy. We definitely got more candy this year, but it was much more crowded this year compared to last. I was also disappointed that they didn't have any of the blow up ghosts by Crystal Palace.