PDA

View Full Version : Swing ride at Magic Kingdom?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-22-2009, 09:38 PM
One of my co-workers was saying tonight that she can remember how sick the swings (like at a carnival) at the MK made her years ago when she took her kids on them. She said they were over by Fantasy Land. I don't remember any swings. Does anyone else remember these?

Georgesgirl1
09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't remember anything of the sort in my 28 years of WDW attendance. Maybe she is thinking of a different theme park?!:confused:

badkitty
09-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't remember a swing at MK. It is funny how people's memories can play tricks on them.

mallen12
09-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Nope, no swings at Magic Kingdom. But, I do remember a swing ride at California Adventure.

Disney4us2
09-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Nope, no swings at Magic Kingdom. But, I do remember a swing ride at California Adventure.

Yes, the Orange Stinger in DCA. The swings are in a giant orange.

Ian
09-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Definitely never been any swings in MK. The only swings I know of in any Disney theme park are the previously mentioned ones at DCA.

Joannelet
09-23-2009, 08:09 AM
yep no swings in MK :)
only in DCA.
hmmmmmm I wonder what she is thinking about?
Did they ever go to DCA? Maybe she has them confused.....

Mickey91
09-23-2009, 08:33 AM
The only thing "over by Fantasyland" that would make you sick is the Teacups:sick:. But no swings..

Imagineer1981
09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
nope, pretty much every six flags has a swing ride though. And depending on her age, DCA may not have even been around when she was a kid

Running_Bell
09-23-2009, 11:39 AM
There is a ride at Universal IOA called Pteranodon Flyers... it looks like a swing. Maybe that's it.

Belster
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Could she be thinking Dumbo??? I know it is not a swing but could be that she remembers the turning motion??????

SignguyTom
09-23-2009, 12:06 PM

...and slated to be re-themed. The orange is gonna be removed and the ride re-themed to Mickey's Silly Symphonies. Without the orange, it will feel like you are flying over the water...

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-23-2009, 02:02 PM
There is a ride at Universal IOA called Pteranodon Flyers... it looks like a swing. Maybe that's it.

Doubt it. Pteradon Flyers only holds two people and IoA's only been open since 1999. From the statement the OP made her coworker made it sound like it was much less recent.

Mousemates
09-23-2009, 03:09 PM

and includes a (to me) creepy "buzzing bee" soundtrack.

SignguyTom The orange is gonna be removed and the ride re-themed to Mickey's Silly Symphonies.

Not sure that is all that much better, but at least with out the orange cage, you won't feel like your going to fly into the wall.

As for the OP's original quesiton, I for the life of me can't come up with anything at WDW that resembles a classic swing ride.

Joannelet
09-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I wonder now is she thinking about the Skyway to Tomorrowland?
I know they aren't the swings that are at the carnivals....but maybe this is what she is thinking of?
They would have been there years ago. I think they closed in 1994......
I know that they werent anything to make someone nauseous but if you were afraid of heights I could see that bothering you....
Do you think this is what she is talking about?

wdwfansince75
09-23-2009, 03:33 PM
The only two rides ever in MK Fantasyland that were suspension types were the Skyway and Peter Pan....and neither would normally be described as a swing type ride. The Skyway did rock a little, especially as it left the boarding platform, and as it approached the slight turn near the speedway....Peter Pan can be rocked, but I bet a CM would put a quick stop to that. I have info on rides from opening, and can find no other forgotten ride that would be described as a swing type ride.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
She thought this was way back in the beginning because her kids were littel. She definitely didn't mean the Skyway because that's what started the whole conversation. I've been going since 1975 and couldn't remember anything like this, ever. So I thought maybe one of my Intercotees could remember it. I'll have to let her know that no one remembers it.

Joannelet
09-23-2009, 07:40 PM
You can also go online and some sites will have past rides that are no longer there...I looked it up and there were no swing type rides ever or anything that would seem like the type she mentioned.....

jnfr2424
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
I wonder if she is confusing Disney with Circus World or Boardwalk and Baseball I remember going there in the 70s and 80s and they having a swing type of ride

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-24-2009, 10:27 PM
I wonder if she is confusing Disney with Circus World or Boardwalk and Baseball I remember going there in the 70s and 80s and they having a swing type of ride

That's too funny! That's exactly what I suggested last night at work but she doesn't remember ever going to either of them. To be honest I wasn't sure if anyone else remembered those places.

She still insists that it was at the MK. I told her I couldn't see them putting a "carnival" type ride there. Even at the AK, the rides aren't really carnival type rides.

baldburke
09-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I was wondering if she could have been thinking of Disneyland? In reading some retrospect articles on the 50th a few years back I thought I also recalled seeing some pictures of one of those classic boardwalk/carnival rides with the swings that spin you around?

dream_disney
09-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry... I don't remember any swings in the Magic Kingdom. What could she have been thinking of???:confused:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I was wondering if she could have been thinking of Disneyland? In reading some retrospect articles on the 50th a few years back I thought I also recalled seeing some pictures of one of those classic boardwalk/carnival rides with the swings that spin you around?

I suggested that to her too because they lived in CA but that was before they had kids. And she's sure she took the kids on the ride.

JohnnyNovo
09-26-2009, 08:07 AM
The Rockets can be kind dizzying.

Lakin
09-26-2009, 09:31 AM
No swings at Disney World, ever. Co-worker must have had some confusion juice this morning.

PeterPan
09-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, I don't mean to be blunt, but she is simply mistaken and that's all there is to it. Never been a swing in the MK or anywhere else at WDW. Period. Here at Intercot, you are talking to people who know these parks like the back of our hand. There are people here who have visited WDW every year since it opened, and have memorized every ride, past and present. Take our word for it: No Swings.

wdwfansince75
09-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Peter Pan is right...No swing type ride at MK, ever....In addition to our memories, I have several early tickets...and lists of rides include only the ones I remember....List from 71 has only the following rides in Fantasyland...
IASW, Skyway, Dumbo, 20,000 Leagues, Carrousel (sic), Mickey Mouse Review, Snow White, Peter Pan, Mad Tea Party, and the Late, lamented Mr Toad's Wild Ride......No swings....

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-26-2009, 11:48 PM
She just keeps insisting it was here. We even have another coworker at WDW right now. So I call her and told her to ask a CM about it and the CM also says-NO SWINGS! I've been going since about 1975 and never remember seeing such a ride. Thanks for backing me up on this.

monkeycity
09-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Busch Gardens had swings too...