PDA

View Full Version : FE Cabins vs. ASM Family Suite

W24toISMdirect
09-22-2009, 07:28 PM
4 Adults, 2 kids 3 and 9.

Have reservation for ASM Family Suite, found we could swap easily and for roughly the same rate to FW Cabin.

Can't decide.

DisneyWFan
09-22-2009, 08:26 PM
We really liked the suites it had a sofa that opened to a double bed a chair that opened to a twin & an ottoman that opened to a twin in the "living room" area & A full bed in the bedroom with a door that closes for privacy also a little kitchenette w/ microwave small fridge & coffeemaker but it depends on what amenities you are looking for. They had activities all week for the kids by the pool & if it rained they went into the food court the also had a movie @ the pool every night. The cabins being moderate have a better pool (well at least a slide) & they have the nightly campfire with chip & dale followed by a movie. Hope this helps you some

jennsky
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
If I can give my 2 cents, I would suggest the FW Cabins. Seriously, you'll have so much more space. The back bedroom has a double/queen bed (can't remember) and a set of bunk beds. Assumedly the kids can take the bunks and the parents in the bed. There's a tv back there as well. Out in the front room is another tv and a Murphy bed in the wall that will sleep the other two adults. The nice thing is that the kids can go to bed earlier while the adults can still sit out there watching tv, and/or you can also sit out on your nice personal deck outside the cabin for some late night conversation without disturbing the kids. You'll also have the advantage of a full kitchen (with dishwasher and stove) as opposed to a kitchenette. I don't know about your 3 year old, but mine hardly eats anything, so it's nice being able to prepare our own breakfasts at the least, as opposed to forking out $$ for some breakfast that she'll take two bites of and say she's full. Anyways, I just like the privacy of the cabins and the ample space you get, not to mention you can park your own vehicle right outside the cabin. That comes in handy for driving to the theme parks (free parking for resort guests!). For us, we can put our two little kids right in the car (with the strollers) right there, as opposed as to having to walk miles to the hotel parking lot. That's also a big bonus late at night when they have fallen asleep during the car ride back to the hotel/cabin. That's just my opinion though! Either way, have a great trip!!

LVT
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Tough call. Cabins only have 1 bath, but I have heard of some adults using the facilities at the campgrounds.

cajunmickey
09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Love the suites. There were 6 of us all above the age of 16. We had plenty of room. Extra bath is a plus.

SFTrny
09-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Cabins. DEFINTELY cabins! FW is a great, classic Disney resort with a lot more to offer that many of the other comparable resorts. Truly unique!

Mousemates
09-23-2009, 02:50 PM
To me the only place where the suite comes out on the plus side would be the 2nd bathroom....and with kids the ages of yours (i.e. no teenage girls like my own DD who has been known to take a while getting ready in the morning) the 2nd bathroom probalby isn;t all that important.

So I would suggest you give the FWCs a try...we loved our stay there...its got a very laid back feel....plus lots of recreational options that kids the age of your kids will enjoy very much.

TinaAndGlenn
09-23-2009, 06:35 PM
There are so many activities at the campground for kids. You can watch the water pageant from the beach, see Chip & Dale at the campfire program, or hunt for lizards (this was my sons favorite), not to mention seeing the armadillo!
There is no better way to get away from the crowds than the campground. Make sure you ask for coloring books at check in, unless they have discontinued this.
Have a great time with your kids!

Auroring Good Time
09-24-2009, 12:37 PM
My vote is for the cabins. We have stayed there a few times and loved it. It is very peaceful. You have your own deck with a picnic table and grill. You are not in a hotel where you are sharing a wall with other guests. It is one of my favorite places to stay. I usually try and request the 2500 loop as it is a short loop and near the pool and bus stop.

GottaLvDisney
09-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I haven't ever stayed at FW so I don't really know anything about the cabins, but we did just return yesterday from a week long stay in the family suites. It was DH, myself, our 4 DD (between 5 & 10) and my son, 10 months.

We didn't spend a ton of time at the hotel, but it did get a bit crowded in there with everyone milling about. I will say the extra bathroom is a plus, though.

lighteningqueen
09-29-2009, 01:18 AM
2 safes, 2 tv's 2 full baths, coffee maker fridge and sink area. The 2 baths are worth their weight in gold. It really depends on your themeing the kids would love the themeing at the Music and the activities but I can only guess that it could be fun at the cabins. I know the price is about double and the cabins but beyond that?? The bed in the bedroomn at Music is a queen..